Trinket Burst Damage Adjustments

90 Human Paladin
I believe while this is a decent idea, it's still an easy fix and easy fixes just never seem to work out as intended. Really, certain classes should be recieving nerfs opposed to nerfing everyone.
Reply Quote
Just one thing about thoose trinkets theres a Str & agi one but not a intellect one insted it's spellpower wouldn't it be more fair to make it Intellect insted?
Reply Quote
10 Blood Elf Rogue
07/12/2012 10:59Posted by Soku
while they are reducing the cd of on use burst trinkets they could reduce the cd on is medallion too

it was 200k frostbombs yesterday..
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just one thing about thoose trinkets theres a Str & agi one but not a intellect one insted it's spellpower wouldn't it be more fair to make it Intellect insted?

Intellect also gives a small bit of critical strike too, it would give two benefits for spell-casters/healers :), that's why it's just raw spell-power.
Reply Quote
36 Night Elf Mage
xs
and you announce it AFTER I upgraded mine?

damn you...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
07/12/2012 11:52Posted by Flipahoe
while they are reducing the cd of on use burst trinkets they could reduce the cd on is medallion too

it was 200k frostbombs yesterday..

what?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Intellect also gives a small bit of critical strike too, it would give two benefits for spell-casters/healers :), that's why it's just raw spell-power.

Agility also gives critical strike (and dodge)
Reply Quote
exactly so why isnt it just Attack power insted of agi / str then so its fair to casters / healers just getting SP?
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Str/agi classes don't have frost bomb hitting for 80k with res sickness
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Dps trinket for every Pillar of Frost, nice!
Edited by Mobius on 07/12/2012 12:35 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Shaman
07/12/2012 12:34Posted by Mobius

Seems a buff for frost dk's, and if human they can align proc with on use and PoF...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think this is a step in the right direction, will it be enough? No, but I'm glad that blizz is finaly doing something about the bust dmg.

Great change! :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
No its not about classes. Every class can almost oneshot someone with cds activated and trinket is a part of that. Good change even though its not what I wanted because I think its not enough.

But its a step into the right direction and I hope there comes more
Reply Quote
the exact wrong way to fix this. Nerf mages, warriors and ferals first, then see if you've sorted the problem

/golfclap.

edit:

Blizz nerfing everyone cos of 1 or 2 classes, GG

And the worst thing is that most of the people commenting here are too shortsighted to see it.

Welcome back vial of shadows.
Edited by Krahzilian on 07/12/2012 13:34 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
07/12/2012 13:06Posted by Magmathighs

Seems a buff for frost dk's, and if human they can align proc with on use and PoF...

Rogue Shadowdance?
Reply Quote
Community
07/12/2012 13:06Posted by Magmathighs

You could say the same for several classes where this will help them to align their trinkets with their damaging abilities more often. However smaller burst every 60 seconds is a lot easier to survive than a much larger burst every two minutes.

The same goes for players that play human, they could take two of these trinkets and cycle them every 30 seconds with their burst abilities. Do not forget though, if a human wants to take advantage of these changed on-use trinkets will need to take two of them and give up the not-nerfed proc trinket.

07/12/2012 11:06Posted by Cheydi
The idea is good, but what gona happen with the proc trinkets?
I just answered that above for you :) At this time we have no plans to be nerfing the proc trinkets, but this may change in the future.
Reply Quote
55 Dwarf Death Knight
After reviewing the data and player feedback, we remain concerned that on-demand burst damage remains too high in PvP. After investigation, we determined that the on-use PvP trinkets are a major contributor to extremely high burst output. As a consequence, in the near future we will be applying hotfixes to smooth out the damage provided by these PvP trinkets. In the case of the Gladiator's Badges this means cutting the amount of primary stat or PvP Power provided, but also cutting their cooldown in half. For the Kor'kron and SI:7 manuals, the cooldown of those trinkets will remain unchanged, but the amount of stats provided will be reduced and the duration of the buff will be increased. The overall damage provided by these trinkets should not be affected; only the burst they are capable of providing.

For example: The Dreadful Gladiator’s Badge of Victory will shortly provide 2553 Strength once every minute, instead of 5105 Strength every 2 minutes. Please note that due to limitations in hotfix technology, the item tooltips and buffs will still incorrectly display the original stat value of 5105.

These are the trinkets that are currently slated for adjustment:
Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Conquest
Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
Dreadful Gladiator's Badge of Victory
Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Conquest
Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Victory
SI:7 Operative's Manual
Kor'kron Book of Hurting

We are aware of the possibility that certain PvE trinkets could become more attractive for PvP in the wake of these hotfixes. While that is somewhat unlikely given that adopting those items would represent a significant loss of PvP Power and Resilience, we will nonetheless keep a close eye on the situation and make adjustments to the appropriate items if necessary. It is also possible that it could become too difficult to land reasonably consistent kills in PvP. If that proves to be the case, then we currently plan to increase the effects of the Battle Fatigue healing debuff to compensate, which is an adjustment that we’ve been considering for some time. On the other hand, if burst damage remains too high after these changes, we are prepared to take additional steps as needed.

Well, isn't this a buff to Mages and Warlocks then?
Think about it: Their burst opportunities are every shatter nvm shatter within Deep Freeze. Warlocks (Demonology esp.) take very little "ramp up" time. You may argue that the actual burst may be lower but it is lower for all classes/specs AND healers btw.

For the classes/specs that have 2-3 min CDs this is a nerf compared to the above mention.

Gah, while I was writing this more posts were added that kinda addressed my concerns.
But, an idea would be to increase resilience on the "tweaked" trinkets by; I don't know, maybe 20-25% to make them more attractive compared to PvE trinkets etc.!

Any thoughts? Thanks.
Edited by Mikrovio on 07/12/2012 14:06 GMT
Reply Quote
Community
07/12/2012 13:59Posted by Mikrovio
But, an idea would be to increase resilience on the "tweaked" trinkets by; I don't know, maybe 20-25% to make them more attractive compared to PvE trinkets etc.!
We're fairly certain that it's unlikely for players to start using PvE trinkets because they would suffer a significant loss in PvP power and resilience. Do understand that we will be keeping a very close eye on the situation when this hotfix goes live and, if necessary, make the appropriate adjustments where we see they're required. This doesn't mean that the change we make would be to increase the resilience on trinkets like you suggested above, however if we do plan to make further adjustments we will let you know about them. :)
Reply Quote
07/12/2012 14:22Posted by Nakatoir
This doesn't mean that the change we make would be to increase the resilience on trinkets like you suggested above, however if we do plan to make further adjustments we will let you know about them.
If you're going to make any resilience changes, like GC has stated, please add them only to weapons (and trinkets).

Keep the heroic pve loot out of arena thanks.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
Are you blind blizzard? Are you seriously just giving human mages an on use trinket for EVERY SINGLE DEEP FREEZE? Nerfed on use trinkets are MORE THAN ENOUGH to global a healer 100 to 0 in a deep freeze with just a bit of help from any other class. You can't let this change go live with the current 30 second deep freeze cooldown. Previously you could actually use your defensive cooldowns when mage uses the trinket - now you're just doomed. There's not a single class with defensive ability available for every deep freeze.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]