The future of Challenge modes

90 Undead Rogue
Hi all.

I love the Challenge mode content and it is mostly everything I hoped it would be before launch. I've only got 6/9 golds at the moment but plan to finish up after my exams.

Will you guys ever consider adding more CMs, perhaps old dungeons like Ragefire Chasm/Wailing Caverns? Will the other colours of the sets ever be available? My favourite rogue one was the black and red design, but the gold is currently the only one available.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
I am guessing they will make challenge modes for all the heroic dungeons that will be coming in the future.

I am going to start doing challenge modes soon with four friends and I am really looking forward to it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I would imagine they'll add challenge modes that give a transmog cloak and weapon at some point.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/12/2012 14:03Posted by Jezz
I would imagine they'll add challenge modes that give a transmog cloak and weapon at some point.

This, its to bad gear still makes them easier tho.
Reply Quote
07/12/2012 23:23Posted by Xeast
Will you guys ever consider adding more CMs, perhaps old dungeons like Ragefire Chasm/Wailing Caverns?

Actually, the developers would like to add Challenge Modes to existing dungeons from previous expansions. No timelines or anything, though, but it's definitely something they're considering.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Death Knight
Well I didn't see that coming. :o
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
CR
What will happen to current expansion challenge mode rewards tough when the next expansion arrives? Will they still be available and peoples levels scaled down to 90 or removed altogether?
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/12/2012 15:48Posted by Draztal
Will you guys ever consider adding more CMs, perhaps old dungeons like Ragefire Chasm/Wailing Caverns?

Actually, the developers would like to add Challenge Modes to existing dungeons from previous expansions. No timelines or anything, though, but it's definitely something they're considering.

Shattard halls CM , make it happen!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I think it would be amazing if new challenge modes that were added could give some sort of moggable weapon reward to match the current c-mode sets
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest

That...would be so awesome!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight

Oh boy, I can already see it. The return of the original challenge mode dungeon "Tho Oculus" back when vehicles wasn't affected by gear. Which gave it such a bad rep that Blizzard had to add a gift bag to it, even after gear affected vehicles, before players would actually tempt it.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock

Awesome! Gonna try challenge modes later :P Everyone says it's good if u are hardcore
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage

I would very much like to see this, as well as challenge mode for older raids offering rewards that are either now rare (e.g. mounts), or removed (e.g. The Undying and suchlike, or Plagued Proto Drakes).

I do miss many of the dungeons from previous expansions, particularly WoTLK, and it would be great to have them brought back via challenge modes.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Thanks for the reply Draztal - really exciting

+1 to the Moggable weapons idea ;-)
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Gnome Priest
10/12/2012 16:11Posted by Nuckels
Shattard halls CM , make it happen!

I think Ion Hazzikostas (lead encounter designer) actually mentioned that dungeon as an example in the recent interview at ConvertToRaid (http://converttoraid.com/home/m/2780615/article/1156167).
So maybe...

But you know you'll regret it when you get one-shotted by those stealthed mobs just before the last boss, right? :D
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Death Knight

PLEASE DONT. Challenge mode arcatraz, are you !@#$ing kidding me?
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
what about raids?So many evil resting..So many rewards to claim for those who didn't have chance (titles or removed mounts)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
we're still checking on how it's possible to complete certain CM's in under 10 minutes.. we checked some video's, and for all fairness, the dps that some do, it seems as if they weren't debuffed at all and walk trough it faster than the HC versions..
strikes us a s weird..

we heard of ppl cheating on the by going in naked and than equiping, so the gear didn't get nerfed.. etc etc..
Edited by Cleoo on 11/12/2012 09:25 GMT
Reply Quote

Challenge modes seems an excellent addition to the game, i myself haven't ventured off to try it, but we have had "similarities" in other dungeons, such as Heroics with Timers, which gave a reward if you completed within the time limit (CoT: Stratholme fexample, Achievment in The Deadmines heroic..)

This is something alot of people enjoy, and i love how you have restricted the iLVL, so it's not about who got the most time to farm raids, ofcourse i've heard having set bonuses that boost some of your classes abilities doesn't get nerfed when you enter, but overall, it's fair game for anyone who have had enough time to just simply gear up in 5man heroic gear, which makes this type of competetive gaming even available for the hardcore that doesn't have all that time anymore (Points at myself)

As for old dungeons i would love to see challenge modes in many old dungeons, the ones i would be most looking forward to would probably be Shadow Labyrinth in the Auchindoun in Terokkar forrest, i still remember the thrill of meeting Murmur for the first time, the excitement of that encounter & getting one step closer to Karazhan.

Edit: some typos
Edited by Nastisha on 11/12/2012 11:32 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Lots of TBC dungeon CM love.

Imagine an Epic, 1 hour entire BRD clear.

Or Maraudon :>
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]