Wy are we forced to accept any half LFR?

100 Human Paladin
Think this is the best example why we want it back the boss counter: I q toes a stank kill 2 bosses and ask for a dps to go tank (if) so i can go dps. well ofc i get ffs you still get tankloot so i left and re qeud as dps first things that caught my eye! Didn`t get a debuff but suddenly my as dps only was 30m+ tank was 17m before and 8m normal as dps.... Second thing i got a fresh run again so i left (solo odl dungeon for pets to sell) i get debuf. i wanan see which bosses are dead i aint gonna kill the same bosses 300 times a week.

Update 1; now i waited 3 times 40m on average and 3 time sfresh! Blizzard if you force me to leave just to re for ofspec loot stop putting me in fresh runs!
Edited by Lightgoddes on 13/12/2012 21:15 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
13/12/2012 20:40Posted by Lightgoddes
Second thing i got a fresh run again so i left

The irony was that people wanted fresh runs, so Blizzard changed the system and now people complain about getting fresh runs.

Perhaps you might want to go the dishonest route instead (queue as DPS, go tank spec but with DPS gear and no Righteous Fury or whatever it's called) or just do an entire LFR as one spec (how important is the offspec really?).

Secondly you seem to place your focus on the wrong issue. You want the counter to go back, so that when you have been in the queue for 40+ min, you would know at what boss the group was and thus could decide to join depending on if they were at the boss you left before.
However, you apparently do not blame the issue that made you leave (and thus take a 40 min queue in the first place) which is that you can't chose which spec you want loot for.

The better solution than a x/3 counter, would seem that you would be able to chose which of your two specs you want loot for, which also would allow you to queue as both tank and DPS to shorten the queue times.

EDIT: I know that LFR wasn't designed with gearing up offspec in mind. But not allowing people to queue as the roles they are able to perform only lengthens queue time. And with people leaving because they want to use the one kill per boss each week as optimal as possible, it starts to become an issue as well. When people no longer have a reason to stay in a group, they will leave and the punishment for doing so has to be very harsh if you want to discourage people from leaving.
Edited by Elathin on 13/12/2012 22:01 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The waits are just crazy - this is a lazy half-cocked solution because they would prefer to just turn that off than actually put some resources into fixing the issue.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Second thing i got a fresh run again so i left

The irony was that people wanted fresh runs, so Blizzard changed the system and now people complain about getting fresh runs.

Perhaps you might want to go the dishonest route instead (queue as DPS, go tank spec but with DPS gear and no Righteous Fury or whatever it's called) or just do an entire LFR as one spec (how important is the offspec really?).

Secondly you seem to place your focus on the wrong issue. You want the counter to go back, so that when you have been in the queue for 40+ min, you would know at what boss the group was and thus could decide to join depending on if they were at the boss you left before.
However, you apparently do not blame the issue that made you leave (and thus take a 40 min queue in the first place) which is that you can't chose which spec you want loot for.

The better solution than a x/3 counter, would seem that you would be able to chose which of your two specs you want loot for, which also would allow you to queue as both tank and DPS to shorten the queue times.

Indeed i have to gear ofspec for raids i ahve to get weapon/trinket so i can progres further in brawler guild (will fix my dps gap at battletron....). Indeed but because blizzard refuses the ofspec loot button on kill or never rsponded too. I just want the count kill back i don`t care if it takes longer. But this system just punishes the hybrids among this way no kill counter + we have to drop out at times only getting kille dbosses back again. will be a horror if you need 1 as dps 2 tank 3 dps 4 tank for example.

Prob1: yeah clear no mention you have to drop group 3 times the honest way.
prob 2 lets see dps and you get boss 4 only left...

So eitehr we ant ofspec button for loot or boss counter back.
Edited by Lightgoddes on 13/12/2012 22:01 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
The way LFR is set up at the moment is just ... sub optimal.

First of all you have 5 different LFR, but you can't queue random (in this case meaning those which you haven't killed ALL bosses in). So you don't have a combined player pool to get players from, which would shorten queues.

Secondly, people are discouraged from using their dual spec, because they will only get rewards for whatever role you get chosen as.

And thirdly, most guilds are 10 man, meaning players usually come as 20% tanks, 30% healers and 50% DPS (DPS usually is higher, because of the more casual nature of that role), whereas LFR demands another role distribution (8% tanks, 24% healers and 68% DPS).

With the second and third reason are being very closely related.

13/12/2012 22:00Posted by Lightgoddes
Indeed i have to gear ofspec for raids i ahve

Forgot about that one. I'm main tank so I have never done anything else. However our offtank does switch to DPS during four kings, as well as a few healers able to do the same.
So I guess I can count myself lucky as to not having to worry about another spec.
Edited by Elathin on 13/12/2012 22:12 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Forgot about that one. I'm main tank so I have never done anything else. However our offtank does switch to DPS during four kings, as well as a few healers able to do the same.
So I guess I can count myself lucky as to not having to worry about another spec.

we don`t really have a mt/ot we switch alot with it. but my ofspec is just way better then the other tanks (all healer ofspec.....). I amd emy ret spec purely for pvp int he first place and soloing. But it became our ofspec dps for 1 tank fights aswell.
Edited by Lightgoddes on 13/12/2012 22:33 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
13/12/2012 22:09Posted by Elathin

It's not as hard actually. I made simple rule in our 10 man team. I collect tank gear from our raids and LFr and outdoor for dps gear (as on normal 10 man there are 2 one tank fights in Mogushan, 2+1 on HoF, and 2 on Terrace). It worked fine.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]