World of Stuncraft, why didn't Deathwing kill us.

80 Dwarf Shaman
As title stated. I love how blizzard now invented silence/stun/stealth to nearly all classes. And now I actually wish that that Deathwing managed to wipe out the entire world.

PvP has become one huge joke. It isn't even funny any longer. The developer's have really missed inspiration - and now they even given classes new silence spells or stuns.

We thought rogues were annoying for all their stuns/silence. But now, every class have it. What is more enjoyable - dying from damage received within being mobile, or just dying from full health within a stun? I would prefer the first choice.

I don't know what blizzard were thinking, when they invented this new expansion and looking from an overview of the classes in PvP. But at least let our voices be heard.

They made all these small and meaningless adjustments. But for me or maybe other people, I ONLY play the game for PvP and nothing else. If PvP is going to be as horrible in the future as now, then I damn hope they will pay for it. This is NOT enjoyable, it's outrages how pathetic this has become. Find new ways to improve the game without given new classes stuns and silence. BG's are long from enjoyable when you just feel like sitting in a stun 24/7.

This is pretty much a whining thread, as I feel for once that this game isn't funny any longer. Been a PvP player since TBC, and seen a lot, sorry to say "!@#$ed up things" blizzard have made. But this is not about one single class, it's about the PvP environment. And I don't feel Blizzard can make the huge adjustments to make it enjoyable again.

I'm even asking myself sometimes if I could make a cup of tea before I get out of my trains of stuns without a trinket useable.

I see a lot of of these threads, but I just wanted to say something before I login for the last time to say goodbye to my mates.

I wish everyone good luck in PvP and I hope at least it's enjoyable for some players.
/Thanks for all the adventures blizzard - been a pleasure to be with your side for so long.

Meanwhile i'll be playing Tetris. GG
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
CC in general is totally out of control, too much instant !@#$ going on and especially if you have that lose control bollocks feature enabled you can get epileptic seizure.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
i totally agree. I have played this game from start and pvp ed my way through it. I got back a month ago from a year brake. Beliving my friend that pvp would not be huge fun, with alot of hp and longer fights. What a dissapointment ...
First off. melee classes and expecially warriors have to many ways to get close. In fact one can truly say now that there is no way to get distance from warriors today. And since thats not possiple how can it be right that their damage is not mitigated when under pressure. since if they go on a caster, they sure as hell mitigate their dmg, right ?

And thoose stuns. whats up with that now ? Why are they trying to make the game so that people cant respond. I dont have trinket up on my healer, charge stun, stun and death. What to do ? IT seems to me development had gone to far.

Also i dont go into bg today without seeing warriors on top of all dmg . Well it happens, but then there are ususally no warrirors in that game.. So top dmg and now a stunlock ? whats up dudes...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
i totally agree. I have played this game from start and pvp ed my way through it. I got back a month ago from a year brake. Beliving my friend that pvp would not be huge fun, with alot of hp and longer fights. What a dissapointment ...
First off. melee classes and expecially warriors have to many ways to get close. In fact one can truly say now that there is no way to get distance from warriors today. And since thats not possiple how can it be right that their damage is not mitigated when under pressure. since if they go on a caster, they sure as hell mitigate their dmg, right ?

That's the best joke i heard all day, +1 for making me laugh
Reply Quote
6 Tauren Shaman
Account cancled. Aff is mediocre at Best and so is demo. Dest not much better. Never comming back too little effort is put into PvP
Reply Quote
How bout add more DMs? Especially to rogues...4 sec cheap shot, followed by a atleast 4 sec kidney, into another 3 secs of stun cuz of the retarded talent

nicee
Reply Quote
Community
10/12/2012 10:30Posted by Ràák
CC in general is totally out of control, too much instant !@#$ going on

We would very much like to make it so that more crowd controls start going back to having a cast time. We feel that instant cast spells should be something that's rare to see and we admit that they have become far too common.
Edited by Nakatoir on 10/12/2012 16:30 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/12/2012 16:22Posted by Nakatoir

We'd very much like to make it so that more crowd controls go back to having a cast time. We think that instant cast spells should be something that's rare and we admit that they have become too common.

Finally, after stating multiple times that CC was working as intended a blue admits it's out of control.

There's an absurd amount of CC in this game at the moment and it needs toned down.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk

We would very much like to make it so that more crowd controls start going back to having a cast time. We feel that instant cast spells should be something that's rare to see and we admit that they have become far too common in Mists of Pandaria.

w00t i might actually resub!
Reply Quote
81 Orc Hunter

We would very much like to make it so that more crowd controls start going back to having a cast time. We feel that instant cast spells should be something that's rare to see and we admit that they have become far too common.

Finally you guys noticed...YAY!!!

You still think dispels are okay as they are right now?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Id like to add to this, for a long time now ive thought cc was getting out of control. There feels no point to having the crowd control trinkets anymore, you just get instantly stunned, rooted, feared.
Battlegrounds are the only form of pvp i really enjoy (and WG, Tol Barad etc) but the cc is insane now, you literally cant go 3 seconds while fighting someone without some form of crowd control.
The time ive had my most enjoyment out of this game is when were both running round fighting each other, like the op says, while mobile. I literally feel like im not even playing the game anymore.
I dont usually play this warrior and im by no means pro at pvp, but should the balance of a few people up at 2200 rating really ruin the game for the rest of the players.
Atleast make all cc share some form of Deminishing returns.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue

Nakatoir, don't you have your own personal opinion?
You just proved you copy and paste what ghostcrawler says.

Just last week you said "we are happy with CC in PvP right now and don't have any plans to change it"
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

It is the caster vs melee arms race that has escalated to a point where casters can only cast instant casts as melee has almost 100% uptime.

for instance duel vs a warrior and a mage EVEN after the pummel/heroic throw and avatar nerf is instant cast burst or die for the mage.

Every single competent warrior is specced now to have: 2x spell reflect, shockwave, aoe interrupt, intervene and then they have pummel, fear, charge stun etc. ann all these are in such a short cd when chained warrior has basically 100% uptime and when they are in nova they can always do something else like def stance reflect, reflect again.

in fact the only time mage can hurt the warrior is when he is in DF. other casters ... i don`t even know what they do they just die instantly and it is not even the warrior burst that kills them but the 100% uptime and inability to do anything about it.

right now mage has such an amazing burst that they conseguently can kill a warrior in one properly executed df but that is side point.

the general point is this. the arms race between melee and casters has escalated to a situation where casters can only ever do anything when they melee is in complete stun. if not they can shut you down so well ... or i should say some classes like warrior perfectly and other classes less perfectly and some classes not at all like retri paladin but that is the reason you are seeing so much instant casts. without it melee would at the current set of abilities stomp the casters before they get a single cast off.

i would just love to see anyone get a cast of on a warrior who is free to act. 2x charge, 30 sec leap, 2 interrupts if not in nova, 2x spellreflect , banner intervene, fear if in range, avatar, trinket if in nova. couple that with the fact that if you let the warrior be on your skin you will die to amazing burst. block? nope. shattering throw and it continues.

In fact if we did not have things like fingers to df from pet freeze, pom to ring, frost nova to df we would not get a single cast of never.

and i am not really complaining about mage vs warrior but explaining how the tools race has led to a situation where casters are completely reliant on stuns and instant casts because melee when free has so amazing toolset to completely shut you down.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I agree thats how we probably arrived at this point, i really wish theyd just strip back many abilities, but im guessing at this point its too late.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest

Patch 5.2 notes:

Priest:

Psychic Scream now has a 1.5 second cast time

Calling it right here, let's see if I'm right.
Edited by Irunaara on 10/12/2012 17:14 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/12/2012 16:56Posted by Anarchy
Nakatoir, don't you have your own personal opinion?

Don't think he's supposed to post his person opinions in a thread like this.
Reply Quote
1 Undead Mage
You'll be playing tetris?

Good lord everyone knows it's so unbalanced, all blocks get outplayed by the long blocks, so OP.

But more on-topic. The insane amount of CC combined with dat insane burst hurts really hard. Its like cutting off your legs in the bathroom and not being able to reach the EHBO thingie.
(Wut?)
Edited by Talzdawizard on 10/12/2012 17:40 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
While we are talking about cc what about having some more spells share DR with each other. A pala can repentance/blinding light/ hammer. No Dr at all. Why is it that fear and blind share a DR and polly/fear and cycone dont? and many more examples like this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Patch 5.2 notes:

Priest:

Psychic Scream now has a 1.5 second cast time

Calling it right here, let's see if I'm right.

Stop bieng so emo over your class, it wont happen at all, the only fear that needs to be casted is warlock fears.
i get insta-feared everytime i poke my head around the corner to heal somebody and its getting rather tiresome. I really hope blizzard are going to do something about it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Have you ever asked yourself WHY is instant cc far too common?
Could it be that the amount of CC breakers added to this game has anything to do with it?
Edited by Gannet on 10/12/2012 17:45 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]