World of Stuncraft, why didn't Deathwing kill us.

90 Orc Warlock
CC in general is totally out of control, too much instant !@#$ going on

We would very much like to make it so that more crowd controls start going back to having a cast time. We feel that instant cast spells should be something that's rare to see and we admit that they have become far too common.

So warlocks lose blood fear I guess?

You just gutted the only viable spec and now removing this, all while locks sit at 3-4%?
Edited by Nethermore on 10/12/2012 17:58 GMT
Reply Quote
5 Human Paladin

We would very much like to make it so that more crowd controls start going back to having a cast time. We feel that instant cast spells should be something that's rare to see and we admit that they have become far too common.

" You just made my day ! "

Is what I would write if I would believe a single word you're saying.

Here's why :
A CM like yourself doesn't have a say in the development proces, heck millions of PvP'rs dont even have a say in it
MoP Beta had the exact same recipe of CC as it is today => Nothing was changed, Blood fear the most retarded concept of all was given a 5 sec CD => GG
GC, your lead system designer stated himself he was content with how CC is.

Honnestly, you expect me to believe words ? I don't believe a single statement by any blue or designer anymore. That time has passed, the thing I want is actions. Blizzard's words are like poison.
Edited by Accbank on 10/12/2012 19:49 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/12/2012 16:22Posted by Nakatoir

Yes! please let them cast
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Gonna weigh in here and say I completely agree with the OP.

I only do random battlegrounds and 2v2 for the points, but the CC has actually gone overboard.

For example, when I have a warrior on me, it feels like I've been stunlocked by a rogue. Now if I'm not mistaken, when I've got a rogue on me, it should feel like a rogue on me, not a 2handed weapon wielding juggernaut.

You say you want warriors to be mobile. That's fine, but they should have that as a tradeoff for control. Charge stuns I don't care about, but the biggest mistake you made for MoP PvP was giving arms warriors SHOCKWAVE. In my opinion this shouldn't be a talent. This should be Protection only, like it always was. Something else should have been added to that tier instead of Shockwave.

Charge>Stun>Shockwave>Stun>Blow all CDs>Leap Away>Charge>Stun>

On top of that they can AOE fear.

Seriously. That's ridiculous. Every single time a warrior charges me I know exactly what's about to happen. Even though I know it, I'm usually dead or in Execute range by the time I've been able to get ever so slightly away from them.

This is just one point, because warriors need a toning down. Screw diminishing returns. Take Shockwave off them. It's the talent for them to troll PvP, nothing else. Pure flavour of the month class at the moment.

As a whole. There is too much instant CC. Cast times would be a step in the right direction, but removing a lot of it would be a bigger step in the right direction.
Edited by Crasu on 10/12/2012 19:04 GMT
Reply Quote
81 Orc Hunter
You say you want warriors to be mobile. That's fine, but they should have that as a tradeoff for control. Charge stuns I don't care about, but the biggest mistake you made for MoP PvP was giving arms warriors SHOCKWAVE. In my opinion this shouldn't be a talent. This should be Protection only, like it always was. Something else should have been added to that tier instead of Shockwave

Agree completely, giving arms shockwave was just ridiculous.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/12/2012 17:56Posted by Nethermore

Blood fear isn't needed, at all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

You would need to either re-shorten the cast time on CCs or remove the vast ammount of interrupts that we currently have in the game if you want to do something like that though. Without instant CCs, most games in which you face a melee class you'd hardly be able to get many casts off, specially CC.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
10/12/2012 19:10Posted by Slashlove

Since affe isnt viable and destro and demo use hardcasts I dont agree.
Overall I wanne get rid of instant CC as well but not when wiping out the last of already extremly poorly representated classes.
Reply Quote
5 Human Paladin

Since affe isnt viable and destro and demo use hardcasts I dont agree.
Overall I wanne get rid of instant CC as well but not when wiping out the last of already extremly poorly representated classes.

I'm sorry what you're saying is: I wanna get rid of all instant CC's but I wanna keep Blood fear in the game since I'm a warlock. Also, blood fear is obtainable by every single spec...

By extension you're also for the idea of making every class wors apart from your own.

That's a -1 for you from my point of vieuw.
Edited by Accbank on 10/12/2012 19:54 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/12/2012 19:51Posted by Accbank
I'm sorry what you're saying is: I wanna get rid of all instant CC's but I wanna keep Blood fear in the game since I'm a warlock. Also, blood fear is obtainable by every single spec.

That's pretty much what everyone says on a class by class basis "I want to reduce instant CC, but I need mine so keep it *happyface* !"
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

You just gutted the only viable spec and now removing this, all while locks sit at 3-4%?

Blood Fear isn't what makes Warlock viable..
Reply Quote
5 Human Paladin
10/12/2012 19:53Posted by Vixea
I'm sorry what you're saying is: I wanna get rid of all instant CC's but I wanna keep Blood fear in the game since I'm a warlock. Also, blood fear is obtainable by every single spec.

That's pretty much what everyone says on a class by class basis "I want to reduce instant CC, but I need mine so keep it *happyface* !"

Doesn't justify it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/12/2012 19:55Posted by Accbank
Doesn't justify it.

I'm not implying it does, it was just a statement.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

Blood Fear isn't what makes Warlock viable..

Never said it was but when removing the only instant burst we had we depend on blood fear more to set up our cast time spells that is all that is remaining.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/12/2012 20:03Posted by Nethermore
Never said it was but when removing the only instant burst we had we depend on blood fear more to set up our cast time spells that is all that is remaining.

If they're going to make other classes cast CC why shouldn't Warlocks have to do it?

Most of Warlocks DoTs are instant anwyay.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

If they're going to make other classes cast CC why shouldn't Warlocks have to do it?

Most of Warlocks DoTs are instant anwyay.

How much damage do a warlock dot do? Exactly..
Corruption tick for ~2300 damage as Demo.

Im not saying warlock or any other class need / not need instant CC, Im saying that classes who are already performing poorly, that have long rampup and non <-> very limited burst need it more than lets say a warrior, SP, due to their burst (just as example).

Im in favor of toning down instant CC, especially AoE one but it needs to be done with some thought which BLZ isnt known to do considering their knee jerk nerfs that end up totally missguided most often.

Also, nerfing interrupts need to be looked at, hard casting will be retarded to pull off with just a change to instant CC without looking at silences and interrupts in general.
Edited by Nethermore on 10/12/2012 20:28 GMT
Reply Quote
6 Tauren Shaman
Yea juking fears both melee and stealth healers while taking close to unhealable dmg is going to be great. LOL you heard it here first
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Warrior
10/12/2012 16:36Posted by Tublat

Finally you guys noticed...YAY!!!

You still think dispels are okay as they are right now?

Offensive dispels should have a CD aswell
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/12/2012 17:44Posted by Slashlove
Stop bieng so emo over your class, it wont happen at all, the only fear that needs to be casted is warlock fears.

Atm Spriest does more fears than a warlock with Blood fear talent.. Warlock has no fear chain when they pick this talent and they loose 45k+ life when they cast it even if the target is immune.
While I will be happy if they remove blood fear and give something else instead .. Before you reduce then instant cc's in pvp just make sure that we dont have so many stuns in game and ofc casters are able to cast again ..

Im agree 100% that we need to reduce instant cc from game but when I say instant cc blood fear isnt the top problem on that category imo ..
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Make your mind up guys. Blue's line for ages (even till last week) is that yer happy with CC in pvp. Does this mean that you're finally starting to listen to your customers?

If so can you also do something about stuns? With over 60% resillience and full pvp gear I can be taken from 60% health to dead in a stun without it breaking. Surely damage should break stuns. I can understand if you allow a few % of health to go before stun breaks, but 60%? Just ridiculous.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]