World of Stuncraft, why didn't Deathwing kill us.

CC in general is totally out of control, too much instant !@#$ going on

We would very much like to make it so that more crowd controls start going back to having a cast time. We feel that instant cast spells should be something that's rare to see and we admit that they have become far too common.

And what is the best way to test these mechanics??? Test them on shamans!!! Capacitor totem, earthquake say hi.
Edited by Dreoh on 10/12/2012 20:41 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
10/12/2012 18:36Posted by Zyrius
Yes! please let them cast
They better seriously rework warrior uptime then.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I don't know whether I should laugh at all the melee, or be afraid that, playing disc, I would lose a ton of peels that are said to be or not a must, then again the amount of instant CC is unfathomable.

If anyone would be bothered to actually inspect my gearing *neck and meta in particular*, they might as well realize, those two things are the only ones which make disc viable, yet you still die in blankets or random stuns from 100%.

P.S. Played on Aegwynn realm, thanks to cross-realm function, with Hydramist elite - Fair; was a joke, globalling pretty much every melee in seconds due to talent choice. *Cough* those 200 K instant crits, feel like frost bombs.

P.S.S. Yet, I would agree about one thing, some classes are far too mobile to be legit, in comparison to others, who have neither the burst nor mobility. Mobile classes should have poor damage in repay for huge mobility, and vice versa for burst classes.

Regards,
Felicity.
Edited by Felicityqt on 10/12/2012 22:09 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
10/12/2012 10:15Posted by Iplaytetris
Meanwhile i'll be playing Tetris. GG

Tetris has better PvP than WoW atm
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
Blood Fear is a L2P issue...
You should psychically predict it and LOS
Cough
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
It's like playing Dark Souls before the Tranquil Walk of Peace nerf right now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/12/2012 16:57Posted by Nananamagee
It is the caster vs melee arms race that has escalated to a point where casters can only cast instant casts as melee has almost 100% uptime.

Definitely this, and then of course people complain about the amount of instant casts...
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Priest
CC in general is totally out of control, too much instant !@#$ going on

We would very much like to make it so that more crowd controls start going back to having a cast time. We feel that instant cast spells should be something that's rare to see and we admit that they have become far too common.

This feels like a pop-quiz

Blue is either
A) Joking
B) Lying
C) Sarcasme

I'll elaborate,

You've sat throught MoP and this wasn't the conclussion
You invented Blood Fear
You stated a few mounths ago CC was in order ( Hi, Ghostcrawler)
You've been denying this fact while the intire community has been telling you it's out of control since like, forever
You released 5.1 and other hotfixes without touching the absurd state of CC

Frankly your choise-making proces regarding balance reminds me of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz-PtEJEaqY
You tell me why it reminds me of that. I can't help it, it simply does...

My sub is cancelled, i'm sick and tired of the statements without consequences. Cu when your game is playable again. If it's ever playable again.
Edited by Axora on 11/12/2012 00:10 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
It is the caster vs melee arms race that has escalated to a point where casters can only cast instant casts as melee has almost 100% uptime.

Definitely this, and then of course people complain about the amount of instant casts...

This and it feels alot worse cos BLZ in their infinite wisdom decided to shower healers with new shiny CC toys. Of cos they need a stun, an AoE blind, a cyclone, a teleport, roots, slows which in turn gives melee even more uptime abilities as counter which in turn puts caster dps to be funneled into instant casts to even stand a chanse.

Yea, no need to remove instant CC's from just the culprits. Lets nerf it across the board and keep silences and interrupts as they are.

Why do I sense a disaster incoming...
Edited by Nethermore on 11/12/2012 00:22 GMT
Reply Quote
Actually,to properly fix the cc issues the WHOLE system needs to be reworked and that includes roots,stuns,silences,gap closers,interrupts,healing/damage adjustments...pretty much everything.So dont expect to see any major change until the next expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
If they dont rework Warriors, they will rape again.

This bunch of insta cc has to go. Included !@#$ty blood fear.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
10/12/2012 16:22Posted by Nakatoir

Making sure they have a cast time is merely a step in the right direction, but it isn't enough.

Even if all CC's had reasonable cast times the game would still have too much CC. This is not because of the duration of the CC, which I feel is appropriate, but because of the amount of it. In many cases two players can simply start casting a CC at the same time and they WILL their CC off. A classic I often do against druids is to start casting Hibernate and my Paladin partner starts casting Repentance at the same time. This 100% ensures that the CC lands unless the enemy team communicates stupidly well or we do it while our target is near a pillar and aren't positioned properly.

The sheer amount of CC, and in fact the amount of spells in the game overall (Warlock portals, Druid sprints, number of classes with stealth-like mechanics all spring to mind), is just too much.
Reply Quote
18 Troll Hunter
10/12/2012 16:22Posted by Nakatoir

Indeed, finally. It only took a season, right? Hope you put your money where your mouths are, and actually fix this for next season.

Added: Actually, no, I take this back, I don't have any hopes for PVP anymore, not after all these years, and not after this "PVP expansion". Even if you try to fix CCs next season, which is not at all a given, you will just break something else. You are treating PVP as a mini-game, and until you are doing that, nothing is going to change. Heck, we never wanted upgrading gear for conquest points, which turns the game into a grind, this issue is of at least the same scale as the CC one, and you just added it in 5.1. No, PVP in this game is a joke, and hoping that things will change anytime soon is just silly.
Edited by Zakkar on 11/12/2012 05:49 GMT
Reply Quote
30 Troll Druid

Blood Fear isn't what makes Warlock viable..

Never said it was but when removing the only instant burst we had we depend on blood fear more to set up our cast time spells that is all that is remaining.

Blood fear can stay but it does need a significant nerf, perhaps to a 30 or 45 second cool down.

As it stands its an instant cast cc with the fear time being only marginally shorter than the cool down time, which is blatantly overpowered. Or if not a cool down then a reduction in the fears actual time, lower the fear down to 3/4 seconds keep the cool down at 10.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

You better remove half of interupts from game then too and kill off a lot of mobility from some melee classes (ferals/warriors). And while wer at it make hunters have cast time too on most of their spells.

If you do that, yea, then feel free to change all spells to having cast times, but if you just flat out do it without fixing those issues first its gonna be impossible for casters to cast due all interupts/stuns.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Its funny tho that most of all this new cc is on classes that should in first place have no CC at all (healers), or if they do, then it should be only one cc and not 2-3 like it is at the moment (ofc, not all healers have that, but druids and palas are just...).
Edited by Apach on 11/12/2012 07:28 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I don't see a good reason to give classes so much more CC... Mages didn't even need Presence of Mind...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
You all complain to much the game is fine if you don't like then quit and get of blizzards back for once.
Reply Quote
56 Undead Priest
this is thanks to Ghostcrawler and his team, they have been employed on blizzard too long and looked what happened: pvp balance dissapeared in cata beacuse of him. i dont pvp anymore mainly beacuse of the !"# balance and the botts.

to summary this: since GC came, the game has gone down (talking pvp perspektive) and its really frustrating to see his ignorant comments regarding balance on twitter too.

and i think activision is a part of the source on this too, especeilly when it comes to listen to the community.
Edited by Apocalypsë on 11/12/2012 08:22 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]