World of Stuncraft, why didn't Deathwing kill us.

85 Night Elf Hunter
10/12/2012 16:22Posted by Nakatoir
We would very much like to make it so that more crowd controls start going back to having a cast time.

Y U TALK TALK N NO MAKE...GRR..
Reply Quote
So true Topic, can't even say anything against it. Blizzard screwed up and it will go like this till WoW 2 ...

And... PvP is one big mess, I just do PvP for cap/rbg rating...

PvE ... Not much PvE player here, but I think I will try it since PvP suck !@# ...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
We would very much like to make it so that more crowd controls start going back to having a cast time.

coawl
Reply Quote
patch 5.2 notes
all CC now have a cast time of 0.01 seconds
buffed mages as they somtimes lost to things in pvp
Reply Quote
patch 5.2 notes
all CC now have a cast time of 0.01 seconds
buffed mages as they somtimes lost to things in pvp

haha u made my day!

This is world of whinecraft let blizzard do their thing its all the kids on forum that ruin the game
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Mage
Taking repeated damage also counts as stuns because the character can't pop any abilities. Basically you can just unplug your kb and mouse and qq as your health drops from 100% to 0. You can only move your character at 1% speed or jump, but that's it. :)
Edited by Knice on 12/12/2012 01:47 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
World of Stuncraft, why didn't Deathwing kill us.

Deathwing got CC chained.
Reply Quote
Community
First things first, I want to make sure you’re aware that the information below reflects both short and long-term design considerations on our end. This isn’t all on the table for patch 5.2 for a number of reasons.

To make this clear right off the bat: This shift of instant casts back to cast times is not just targeted at crowd control. We also wish to start moving some heals back to having a cast time rather than being instant. That said, we’re not necessarily planning on overhauling many of the spells and abilities that have been instant for a long time now, such as Hammer of Justice. We’re looking at some of the big outliers that we see brought up a lot, which are instant-cast, area-of-effect abilities like Blinding Light, or Presence of Mind in combination with Ring of Frost.

We think that there are too many of these AoE CC spells at this time, especially instant AoE CC, which can create some frustrating gameplay experiences. Some other particular crowd-control effects that are on our radar are abilities like Blood Fear, which we’re considering redesigning altogether, and Predatory Swiftness in combination with Cyclone, which feels virtually impossible to counter.

10/12/2012 17:41Posted by Inférnal
While we are talking about cc what about having some more spells share DR with each other. A pala can repentance/blinding light/ hammer. No Dr at all. Why is it that fear and blind share a DR and polly/fear and cycone dont? and many more examples like this.
We’re looking at diminishing returns for CC right now as a possible way to help with CC in PvP combat, but it’s the type of gameplay overhaul that can be risky to implement in the middle of an expansion cycle if the change is too drastic. We are, however, taking a look right now at the DRs within particular classes, as well as special snowflakes like Cyclone. Either way, the design discussion will undoubtedly continue! ^^
Edited by Nakatoir on 12/12/2012 15:03 GMT
Reply Quote
81 Orc Hunter
First things first, I want to make sure you’re aware that the information below reflects both short and long-term design considerations on our end. This isn’t all on the table for patch 5.2 for a number of reasons.

To make this clear right off the bat: This shift of instant casts back to cast times is not just targeted at crowd control. We also wish to start moving some heals back to having a cast time rather than being instant. That said, we’re not necessarily planning on overhauling many of the spells and abilities that have been instant for a long time now, such as Hand of Justice. We’re looking at some of the big outliers that we see brought up a lot, which are instant-cast, area-of-effect abilities like Blinding Light, or Presence of Mind in combination with Ring of Frost.

We think that there are too many of these AoE CC spells at this time, especially instant AoE CC, which can create some frustrating gameplay experiences. Some other particular crowd-control effects that are on our radar are abilities like Blood Fear, which we’re considering redesigning altogether, and Predatory Swiftness in combination with Cyclone, which feels virtually impossible to counter.

While we are talking about cc what about having some more spells share DR with each other. A pala can repentance/blinding light/ hammer. No Dr at all. Why is it that fear and blind share a DR and polly/fear and cycone dont? and many more examples like this.
We’re looking at diminishing returns for CC right now as a possible way to help with CC in PvP combat, but it’s the type of gameplay overhaul that can be risky to implement in the middle of an expansion cycle if the change is too drastic. We are, however, taking a look right now at the DRs within particular classes, as well as special snowflakes like Cyclone. Either way, the design discussion will undoubtedly continue! ^^

Gives me so much hope.. I'm actually expecting alot in 5.2 for once :)

Hope you get it right, what do you think about tradeoffs regarding CC? Such as predatory swiftness cyclone leaving you back to casterform, making you vulnerable for 1 gcd?
Reply Quote
47 Pandaren Hunter
10/12/2012 16:22Posted by Nakatoir
CC in general is totally out of control, too much instant !@#$ going on

We would very much like to make it so that more crowd controls start going back to having a cast time. We feel that instant cast spells should be something that's rare to see and we admit that they have become far too common.

Hmmm - well, tbh if you (Blizz) cant do it, who can? You were 'warned' about this for some time and all we got - working as intended. What is the matter, do you only listen to Chinese feedback now? Have they started to complain as they got all the 'fun' of MoP after US/EU servers. You really do deserve the falling subscriptions as more and more get fed up with your messing around and the absence of honesty and care you know show to us :S
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/12/2012 07:04Posted by Nakatoir
First things first, I want to make sure you’re aware that the information below reflects both short and long-term design considerations on our end.
Bollocks! Sorry for the language but that is utter rubbish.

You (Blizzard) must have known what would happen when you added all these abilities. Seriously giving ferals near instant clones while in cat form,blind to palas, BLOOD FEAR, psy fiend, pom ring etc etc etc.... sure they work well as defensives cc's to stop an enemy when you simply can't get a cast off but even a 12 year old could have told you people will abuse the mechanics you give them! And there in lies the problem when used offensively things like blood fear are ridiculously game breaking.

I truly have no hope that this expasion will be fixed, as Blizzard seem to be totally ignoring the main issues and implementing changes that quite frankly are pointless.

Mages:- why nerf spell steal, ice barrier and -1 from deep freeze WHEN the problem is Glyph of fire blast! Take it out the f#@*ing game!!! OR nerf frost bombs damage/CD.
Warlocks:- You nerfed Chaos wave and Chaos bolt WHEN The problem was Dark Soul now without CDs Locks struggle to do anything...
Warriors:- great you removed 5 stacks of tfb, Gag order (not that either things should have got past PTR) and removed root/snare immunity from Avatar BUT The problem IS cooldown stacking! They still hit like trucks and are the most unpeelable class in game.
Resto Shamans:- They healed to much for too little mana cost plain and simple maybe even reduce some of their passive healing to force them to use more healing spells BUT Blizzard in their infinite wisdom decided to nerf totems leaving shamans in the predicament of if they don't have a trinket as get blanketed its over, hence all the videos of mages soloing them atm.

Seriously where is the logic to anything that has been implemented since the start of this patch??? Alot of people are getting sick and tired of this bulls#@t and you need to start fixing things now!

signed Very Annoyed Customer
/rantover
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

To make this clear right off the bat: This shift of instant casts back to cast times is not just targeted at crowd control. We also wish to start moving some heals back to having a cast time rather than being instant. That said, we’re not necessarily planning on overhauling many of the spells and abilities that have been instant for a long time now, such as Hand of Justice. We’re looking at some of the big outliers that we see brought up a lot, which are instant-cast, area-of-effect abilities like Blinding Light, or Presence of Mind in combination with Ring of Frost.

As a player who plays this game since european open beta 2004 i am amazed how much you are trying to balance this game in pvp and how much you communicate with us. This makes me happy and i am looking forward to 5.2.

I really hope you won't let as many broken abilites out of beta next expansion. Why bring feedback when it is mostly ignored?

On a sidenote: Why was the feedback/bug tool not available in mop beta?
Edited by Theed on 12/12/2012 08:34 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
Well good to know blizzard is actually planning to fix this, hope its be4 patch 19.6 tho
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
This is great! Nakatoir has such good posts. They should give him a raise.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Some other particular crowd-control effects that are on our radar are abilities like Blood Fear, which we’re considering redesigning altogether, and Predatory Swiftness in combination with Cyclone, which feels virtually impossible to counter.
OH GOD YES!

Cant let a blue post without twisting his words first tho.

I want

you

targeted

with

instant

crowd control

which feels virtually impossible to counter.
Edited by Prosít on 12/12/2012 08:58 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Now if I'm not mistaken, when I've got a rogue on me, it should feel like a rogue on me, not a 2handed weapon wielding juggernaut.

Best statement in this thread.

You were 'warned' about this for some time and all we got - working as intended.

Followed closely by this.

You really do deserve the falling subscriptions as more and more get fed up with your messing around and the absence of honesty and care you know show to us

And this.
Reply Quote
I sincerely hope Nakatoir you realize, that when you-all start changing the CC of Ret Paladins (for example, Blinding Light as you mentioned yourself) that you're nerfing a spec, which is already in a bad position, to oblivion. Therefore I hope you make sure that Ret Paladins either get an overhaul dmg wise or reset their current pvp healing to pre-5.1, the last is doubtfully enough to make up for the cc change tho.

I really like Paladins, but currently there is not much fun to it when you're specced Retribution.

Kind Regards,

Gahn

(I wanted to post on my Paladin but it seems to be stuck on my mage )
Edited by Plakzak on 12/12/2012 09:05 GMT
Reply Quote
92 Blood Elf Warlock
Some other particular crowd-control effects that are on our radar are abilities like Blood Fear, which we’re considering redesigning altogether,

Just great another warlock nerf....

Cause ever since I started a warlock in 2009 any time I've read the words "redesigned" and "warlock" in the same sentence it usually means the nerf bat is coming and it's coming hard.

If you do nerf blood fear to having a cast time please do something to sort shadow fury to make it more useable i.e. target a player rather than an aoe that needs positioned at least then we'll have 1 talent in that tier that's usable (cause it's obivous from your post howl of terror will also be nerfed).

If blood fear does get a cast time then bye bye pvp cause that leaves locks with either 40 plus seconds to wait to cc something or a 1.6 seconds cast on fear that's never going to be usable with while being trained. Think I"m wrong? Let me paint a picture for you warrior charge stuns wlock, wlock waits death coil warrior leaps/charges again wlock stunned again wlock waits or trinkets trys to cast fear bang spell locked even if it's a dummy cast first (which wastes more time) wlock at half hp blows survival cds someone peels warrior, wlock casts fear on warrior switches targets warrior uses rage cancels fear, wlock casts fear again warrior uses trinket wlock can't cast fear or sedduce now won't last more than 2 seconds if your lucky. That leaves me with the knock back from my pet or hoping that death coil is off cd. Compared to other classes cc abilities that don't share DR this is fairly !@#$. Blood fear is good and maybe increased cool down is needed on it, but I think any crapy re-design involving cast time will kill any cc we have.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
nooooo my priest fears QQ and all that
Ah well, to be fair I was talking about this with guildies the other day.
As a priest I have quite some instant cast fears... although most of them are easily dispelled or broken. Half the time it seems as though it doesn't matter that I feared or whatever.
Then again, Even if it gets nerfed I won't be one to complain, I can understand it mostly. Although I do still want to be an annoying freaking speedbump in BG's. That people run away from me because I'm a priest 8D

I like that... so yeah!
Reply Quote
Community
12/12/2012 08:55Posted by Prosít
Some other particular crowd-control effects that are on our radar are abilities like Blood Fear, which we’re considering redesigning altogether, and Predatory Swiftness in combination with Cyclone, which feels virtually impossible to counter.
OH GOD YES!

Cant let a blue post without twisting his words first tho.

I want

you

targeted

with

instant

crowd control

which feels virtually impossible to counter.
Thanks Prosít! <3
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]