World of Stuncraft, why didn't Deathwing kill us.

90 Pandaren Monk
I'm gonna tell you a true story, my friend and I were playing against a warrior and monk healer, I was enhancement shaman, and he was a priest disc, I got cc'd about 90% of the time we played that arena so I told my friend I got pissed of and went to make coffee, the time I came back, I was still cc'd and my friend jumping around like normal.

If you gonna give 2 classes, warrior and monk, so much cc that they can have me cc'd pretty much whole fight, then can't enhancement shaman atleast get a 2-3 sec stun?

You do realize that this doesn't really mean ANYTHING, right? Your comparing a team setup against an enhancement shaman here, aswell as using one example to make this statement. If you'd show us about 100 videos of different players using the same setups with a recurring pattern of this event, it might add some value to your statement.
Edited by Mijua on 12/12/2012 18:03 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm gonna tell you a true story, my friend and I were playing against a warrior and monk healer, I was enhancement shaman, and he was a priest disc, I got cc'd about 90% of the time we played that arena so I told my friend I got pissed of and went to make coffee, the time I came back, I was still cc'd and my friend jumping around like normal.

If you gonna give 2 classes, warrior and monk, so much cc that they can have me cc'd pretty much whole fight, then can't enhancement shaman atleast get a 2-3 sec stun?

You do realize that this doesn't really mean ANYTHING, right? Your comparing a team setup against an enhancement shaman here, aswell as using one example to make this statement. If you'd show us about 100 videos of different players using the same setups with a recurring pattern of this event, it might add some value to your statement.

It means something for me /thread
Reply Quote
Deathwing didn't kill us because he got stunned whilst casting Cataclysm. Stuns are a necessary evil.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/12/2012 16:30Posted by Rédeye
Anyway, to answer your original question, blood fear is a retarded ability, because it requires no setup, or even awareness of positioning. Sure, it's dispellable, but it's on a very short CD, and in arena situations it can create a setup for a kill thanks to positioning (or at least put the enemy on the back foot), or prevent a kill on your own team. It's also a long range ability.

Cause shockwave/intimidating shout/spell reflect requires sooo much setup and it's not instant cast on a short cool at all. You totally skipped over the part where I said blood fear needed a shorter duration and longer CD. warriors control is retarded right now, if you think it's not then your kidding yourself. I'll leave you in dream land...
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
I think this problem is cause of the talent system, they have randomized and combined tanks specs with healspecs and dps specs all in one and this made the game even more inbalanced and harder to balance it back, i would stick at putting back wotlk, cata style talents or even TBC cause there you choosed tank spec and you tanked not tank spec and healed like now. This is my opinion dont rage at me please, have a nice day.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Wow, i have to be honest here, I've never seen a thread where EVERYONE agrees with the OP xD Seems to me like this truly is a big deal then... I was thinking about starting PvP, but would you recommend i wait until all this stuff is sorted out?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
13/12/2012 14:23Posted by Shadowbrack
Wow, i have to be honest here, I've never seen a thread where EVERYONE agrees with the OP xD Seems to me like this truly is a big deal then... I was thinking about starting PvP, but would you recommend i wait until all this stuff is sorted out?

Im in same situation at the moment
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

It's relevant because dps shamans have 2 long cooldown crappy cc's at their disposal that have a cast/arming time when other classes have a number of instant cc abilities coming out their !@#, Balanced? Hell no.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 07:04Posted by Nakatoir
and Predatory Swiftness in combination with Cyclone, which feels virtually impossible to counter.

Ivory disappointed again there is a danger that his skin will hang at someone for the trophy.
*facepalm*
Edited by Думал on 14/12/2012 06:49 GMT
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 07:04Posted by Nakatoir
and Predatory Swiftness in combination with Cyclone, which feels virtually impossible to counter
oh, not again...

i mean, feral IS Predatory Swiftness, undispellable\unbubbleable Cyclone and Mobility (unrooting, move speed). Everything you added in MoP is "not a feral style". And now you want to remove the core feral feature like you did with roots in cata?
You made Uber-Rogue from warrior; You made half-rogue from feral. Looks like you confuse "balance" with "equality"...
Edited by Козян on 14/12/2012 07:29 GMT
Reply Quote
1 Night Elf Druid
Yeah Russian Tears.. Go ahead and cheat your 3k ratings...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
13/12/2012 01:27Posted by Gozer
Cause shockwave/intimidating shout/spell reflect requires sooo much setup and it's not instant cast on a short cool at all. You totally skipped over the part where I said blood fear needed a shorter duration and longer CD. warriors control is retarded right now, if you think it's not then your kidding yourself. I'll leave you in dream land...

Can't you read? He is saying Shockwave is too strong and that warrior control is good. Both Shockwave and Spell Reflect requires more "setup" than Blood Fear, Shockwave is a cone and can miss and Spell Reflect actually requires you to equip a shield which means lowering your damage output. Spell Reflect has been in the game since what, TBC? If you haven't learned to cope with it by now.... well tough luck.
Reply Quote
14/12/2012 08:59Posted by Bakron
Yeah Russian Tears.. Go ahead and cheat your 3k ratings...

Russian do not surrender!
Only regret about the fixes.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
and Predatory Swiftness in combination with Cyclone, which feels virtually impossible to counter
oh, not again...

i mean, feral IS Predatory Swiftness, undispellable\unbubbleable Cyclone and Mobility (unrooting, move speed). Everything you added in MoP is "not a feral style". And now you want to remove the core feral feature like you did with roots in cata?
You made Uber-Rogue from warrior; You made half-rogue from feral. Looks like you confuse "balance" with "equality"...

Instant cast clones are not a core feral mechanic. It wasn't added till the middle of WotLK as a band-aid because the interrupts/CC in the game were getting so numerious that melee hybrids couldn't cast. Shamans got the same in the form of Maelstrom Weapon.

It has nothing to do with how a feral should play.

Let me teach you how feral played in ye olde days.

You opened with Cat Form and applied bleeds.
You ran away with Travel Form.
You applied HoT's and/or casted Cyclones.
You ran back and tanked with Bear Form.
You used Bash.
You got back in Cat Form.

Rinse and repeat.

And it was awesome!
Edited by Ishaye on 14/12/2012 10:08 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/12/2012 16:22Posted by Nakatoir
CC in general is totally out of control, too much instant !@#$ going on

We would very much like to make it so that more crowd controls start going back to having a cast time. We feel that instant cast spells should be something that's rare to see and we admit that they have become far too common.

Amen to this. Let me highlight something:

"we admit"

Cheers, made my day!
-Ewyn
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
i am mainly a PVE guy, and have been playing only Pve for years, litterally hating just the thought og doing PVP. but since MOP release i acctually started enjoying it. and i think pvp as it is now is more fun than it has been in years. or.... ever for that matter.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
14/12/2012 10:47Posted by Tyranítar
i am mainly a PVE guy, and have been playing only Pve for years, litterally hating just the thought og doing PVP. but since MOP release i acctually started enjoying it. and i think pvp as it is now is more fun than it has been in years. or.... ever for that matter.

Coming from warlock. lol
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
12/12/2012 17:16Posted by Lyandria
I got pissed of and went to make coffee, the time I came back, I was still cc'd

Ugh, how can you drink that instant crap?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
When I played in beta of vanilla wow and was polymorphing some random beasts in tirisfall glades I was thinking to myself that this simply can't be used on players since it seems like a little unfair. It just so happened that I was usable on players and lasted 30sec and no diminishing returns at all.

I loved it. Later it got nerfed to 10sec and with dr but still was very lovely spell since you could poly, eat and start killing again :D

Anyways to this date I have always loved the way wow goes about cc:ing, cordinating stuff and the way team play works in arena
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]