World of Stuncraft, why didn't Deathwing kill us.

30 Troll Druid
When I played in beta of vanilla wow and was polymorphing some random beasts in tirisfall glades I was thinking to myself that this simply can't be used on players since it seems like a little unfair. It just so happened that I was usable on players and lasted 30sec and no diminishing returns at all.

I loved it. Later it got nerfed to 10sec and with dr but still was very lovely spell since you could poly, eat and start killing again :D

Anyways to this date I have always loved the way wow goes about cc:ing, cordinating stuff and the way team play works in arena

Agree'd cc is a huge part of the game and it should be tricky to set up a good cc chain. I do remember someone in blizzard saying way back in vanilla that they thought that losing control of your character for something daft like 20 or 30 seconds was bad design and an unenjoyable playing experience. I remember them saying that after inventing dr's and saying that 10 seconds of cc is a long time.

Its far far too easy to chain cc a target for 25+ seconds these days.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I feel the same as you do. Im nearly quitting as well. They have to get TBC CC back as well.. Where it was important and when everyclass nearly had only 1 cc + that the dmg was not as out of controll as it is now.

EDIT: I do not THINK the devs play the game.. They should do arenas learn to realize and play serious, get high rataing and understand. Because if they did they would have nerfed and fixed EVERY single thing that comes up on these forums every day.

Thanks for this thread!
Bye!
Edited by Colthanx on 15/12/2012 04:30 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
What Blizzard wanted, has pretty much happened: Balanced classes.

And they did with succes!

Pretty much all classes now have:
- a Vanish-like skill
- silenced, CC
- Burst

Blizzard is happy!

Serieusly, I remember the days the classes were designed to work best when combined!
When evry combination has pro's AND con's.
Some classes had little to none stuns, or silenced, where others did, but didn't have other skills.
It's almost like only 1 class exists there days.

Oh, 1 class, and Warriors ofcourse.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/12/2012 10:30Posted by Ràák
CC in general is totally out of control, too much instant !@#$ going on and especially if you have that lose control bollocks feature enabled you can get epileptic seizure.
+1.
I know that feel bro.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
What Blizzard wanted, has pretty much happened: Balanced classes.

And they did with succes!

Pretty much all classes now have:
- a Vanish-like skill
- silenced, CC
- Burst

Blizzard is happy!

Serieusly, I remember the days the classes were designed to work best when combined!
When evry combination has pro's AND con's.
Some classes had little to none stuns, or silenced, where others did, but didn't have other skills.
It's almost like only 1 class exists there days.

Oh, 1 class, and Warriors ofcourse.
i think we could be closest to balance between all the classes if the cc was toned down just a bit.Then the players (and perhaps blizzards) vision will become reality.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
15/12/2012 23:01Posted by Líghtbringér
i think we could be closest to balance between all the classes if the cc was toned down just a bit.Then the players (and perhaps blizzards) vision will become reality.

oh it was more meant as sarcasm, no class is unique anymore, they all have similar skills
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I know it was sarcasm.Im just saying it would be closer to balance if everyone wasn't spammed with instant cc on top of instant cc.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
More cc breakers for monks!
(sorry seemed appropriate :P)

Anyway serious times CC is ridiculous Druids you can cry all you like but cyclone disorientating roar spam is so much BS a resto druid can effectively lock out a dps in 2's whilst the partner usually a lol i win class (Arms warrior frost mage etc) pretty much murders your team mate whilst you cant even get out of cc long enough to kick said druid in the face for being a jerk :(
and before anyone decides to rip my post appart you try having one all round cc break and a talented "root/snare" breaker that doesnt stop reapplication. (diffuse magic doesnt stop reapplications or break cc either just sayin blizz "hint hint")
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Deahtwing was trying to stop us... Stop us from being the PvP balance that is MoP...

You will not be forgotten, Deathwing... You were WoW's Marauder Shields...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Deahtwing was trying to stop us... Stop us from being the PvP balance that is MoP...

You will not be forgotten, Deathwing... You were WoW's Marauder Shields...

Consdering Cataclysm was a disaster I would say that it was Arthas trying to stop us from the horrible experiences ahead.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
the amount of cc is bad and is worse that all these cc are not used in pve so why do we even have them pala started whit just stun now they got silence and slow down as well well i can understand slow down since all ranged are more slipery then a roque but whats the deal whit the low damage then since uptime is a pain in the !@# for alot of melee classes not too mention all of it instant .....
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
YOOOOTRORLOLO.

WHY YOU PVE PLAYERS RUIN OUR PVP PLAY. STOP !@#$ING KILLING THE ENDGAME BOSSES SO BLIZZARD ARE FORCED TO MAKE NEW EXPANSIONS.

WE WERE JUST FINE WITH KILLING SPREE ONE SHOTTING PEOPLE!! BACK TO WOTLK FOLKS
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
-1 player don't wory blizzard there is like 10 milion more.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm also unhappy about pvp, staying in stun-fear all the time.

The game is all about controlling a character, but mostly I'm not controlling anything. I really don't feel like I'm playing the game, only watching it. Sometimes I'm dying in a single serie of stuns, and if I have no chance to fight back, what's the point? It's not a fight when you tie the hands and slap the guy to the death. Sometimes it's me doing the same thing stun + nuke and the guy is dead. There was no fight again, not fun, not challenging.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Makes me wonder, where were your balance concerns when you gave warriors aoe stun and pallies aoe blind. My rogue and DK feel dissapointed.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Dont just redesign bloodfear. If you come up with something allot worse then locks will be left in the gutter. Need a change to more mechanics - this is just going to be a nerf and make locks useless since getting regular fears off is allot harder than last expansion. Otherwise i suggest that you roll out ALL the instant cc/interrupt nerfs at once, so it wont make things, for locks, suck fat bananas untill you do.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
5 min cd on all CC's - Then you have to use them wisely and no chain CCing.
Let's bring the fight back to the War.
Reply Quote
70 Blood Elf Warlock
blame the healers.. all those cc are available to cc healer and killl ppl in bgs and arena/ without those cc arena wil be worse imo. so if they will nerf ccs they should nerf healers even more.. u cant get kill if healer not cced !!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I PVP and I'd be quite happy to lose Blinding Light (AOE blind) for a different ability completely that isn't a CC. As pointed out, most of these CC abilities have no use in PVE anyway, so just get rid of them.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Rogue
The game is a joke in PvP... sums it up.

Devs have NO idea how to balance it. The new patch notes makes shammy/pally #1 healer again, the nerf to warrior 1 shot (DAMN POINTLESS LEAVING IT THIS LONG), Mage sustained dmg nerfed (again pointless when ur bursted with frost bomb'd into deep and spamming instants). Every patch its the same old !@#$. Its a joke.

But... no other game has the same engine/mechanics as WoW so i guess ill shut up and go play the game. lol.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]