LFR...

59 Troll Hunter
MAKE LFR NOT MANDATORY FOR RAIDERS FOR !@#$S SAKE

EDIT: Yep i know they changed the loot system for MoP, my bad didnt remember :)

Was doing Terrace, and got votekicked just before last boss.. Seems like some guild that had queued in the random needed the Weapons from Sha, and i was competition so votekick.

Then again queued for 30min and got votekicked once again, there was some 8 ppl from same Guild, guess who were the ones to votekick?

Im so %^-*ing pissed, im stuck with Blue weapons once again, if not some maybe drops from the damn real raids.

Not gonna queue 5 hours a day just for the damn headless chicken fest called LFR.

Were semi HC guild, and i feel like im letting our other raiders down by not trying to upgrade my weapons.. !@#$ ill bench myself if we have a better geared warrior for the job.

ATLEAST make it so that Guild groups cant join in as one.
Edited by Glitterkirsi on 13/12/2012 20:45 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
12/12/2012 16:46Posted by Glitterkirsi
Was doing Terrace, and got votekicked just before last boss.. Seems like some guild that had queued in the random needed the Weapons from Sha, and i was competition so votekick.
You realise LFR loot is personal, and that if 25 warriors enter a LFR, the chance exists they'll all win the weapon from Sha?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
ATLEAST make it so that Guild groups cant join in as one.

What would this achieve other than prevent friends from playing together?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
12/12/2012 16:54Posted by Elviryn
You realise LFR loot is personal, and that if 25 warriors enter a LFR, the chance exists they'll all win the weapon from Sha?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Makes me guess they either didn't know either that loot is personal, or that you are doing something very wrong to be kicked twice.

I have asked for healers to stop healing certain people, just so they would die from standing in the fire or other mistakes. Have never asked for them to be kicked though, that option I only use when people DC or go AFK.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
With your lack of mental capacity, I would kick you as well. Read up on how looting works in LFR and then come here complaining. Either you did something wrong, or you ran into the wrong people.
Reply Quote
59 Troll Hunter
I did good DPS and didnt die. Well i kinda forgot theres no point them votekicking me since it doesnt matter how many ppl need the items.

I just wonder why they votekicked, was second on Damage done against the previous boss, and didnt get hit by things or anything.
Maybe they just didnt know / remember like me, that theres no point voteing out competition anymore.

But still these freaking LFRs are so tedious and annoying.. Feels so stupid to do these "dummy raids" on top of normal raids, but still they really ARE mandatory when theres big upgrades from them (Weps, trinkets, tier pieces are just too good to not try grab them)

My god i fear getting my Shammy to 90.. gotta do like 10 LFRs a week.... DDDDD:
Edited by Glitterkirsi on 12/12/2012 20:46 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Its not mandatory, never been and never will, though its a option to gear up.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
You find the rewards good enough to want to do them, they are not mandatory :). But I understand how you feel... Still don't blame Blizzard. it is our own greedy nature that makes us do it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Clearly you did something wrong. As you didn't post from the character who got kicked, I'm guessing you cheated the iLevel requirement and your DPS was terrible... am I right?

guess who were the ones to votekick?

You know this how?

Were semi HC guild, and i feel like im letting our other raiders down by not trying to upgrade my weapons

Your guild are letting YOU down by not helping you get new weapons. You see what I did there?
Edited by Cheeseberry on 13/12/2012 16:47 GMT
Reply Quote
59 Troll Hunter
Clearly you did something wrong. As you didn't post from the character who got kicked, I'm guessing you cheated the iLevel requirement and your DPS was terrible... am I right?

guess who were the ones to votekick?

You know this how?

Were semi HC guild, and i feel like im letting our other raiders down by not trying to upgrade my weapons

Your guild are letting YOU down by not helping you get new weapons. You see what I did there?

Read the posts first... I see what you tried to do there, which makes no sense. They do help me get weapons, but if i refuse to NOT do LFRs even tho theres "easy" upgrades for me, i really feel like im letting them down.

You guys dont do serious raiding from looking thru the posts, every possible "easy" upgrade is mandatory even if you or I like it or not.

I just dont have time for all the damn LFRs + new dailys + the actual raiding.

Seems like i just have to sit out, 5.2 is said to bring even more dailys and ofc a new damned LFR :E

In wotlk raiding felt alot more appealing? i think then werent so much mandatory dailys or other timesink !@#$
Reply Quote
13/12/2012 17:04Posted by Glitterkirsi

This may sound crazy, but maybe drop some of it? If you're raiding then you probably don't need dailies unless you want to chase the vanity items. And those aren't going away in the future.

Also, as it's been said on this thread, but I'll put it in blue once more: Kicking someone from a LFR raid has no effect on the chance of anyone else getting a drop from the boss. All loot is personal now on the Raid Finder, so by kicking someone you're not increasing the chance you'll get a drop.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not mandatory, you can do without if you despise LFR so much.

Also if your guild thinks it is mandatory, than you can just do it with 25 of your guild mates and you wont be grouped with the people you refer to as 'headless chickens'

Besides that you're asking for a gigantic change in the game, yet Blizzard already stated before that current hardmode gear won't be worse than next tier's LFR gear, so in time your request will be granted next tier, you won't have to do LFR if you're in heroic raiding gear.
Edited by Wombles on 13/12/2012 18:10 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
But it IS mandatory. You get more competive more quick if you do LFR. There is no excuse to not do LFR if you want to be a competive raider, and it's really quite annoying, as many people don't like doing it.
Sure you might say you don't have to do it because the gear level is not that high, but as long as it's higher than any one item you currently have, you will need to do LFR to get better gear.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
MAKE LFR NOT MANDATORY FOR RAIDERS FOR !@#$S SAKE

LFR isn't mandatory for raiding in any way, shape or form, dailies aren't mandatory either.., the only thing that is mandatory to successfully raid normal / heroic modes, is playing your class to a reasonable level while the rest of your team does the exact same!

Everyone thinking that one item will make a difference is woefully mistaken, all it does is make more room for error.., error that could easily be adjusted if you'd take the time to go through everything instead of thinking you're doing "okay".
Reply Quote
85 Human Death Knight
But it IS mandatory. You get more competive more quick if you do LFR. There is no excuse to not do LFR if you want to be a competive raider, and it's really quite annoying, as many people don't like doing it.
Sure you might say you don't have to do it because the gear level is not that high, but as long as it's higher than any one item you currently have, you will need to do LFR to get better gear.

And it's their choice to be a "competitive raider", and being competitive in anything often requires going the extra mile and spending the extra time, so where's the problem?

If this is anyones definition of "mandatory", then they don't even know the true meaning of the word, and I'd wager that they are not as competitive as they thought, or should try to be.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
13/12/2012 18:53Posted by Galam
And it's their choice to be a "competitive raider", and being competitive in anything often requires going the extra mile and spending the extra time, so where's the problem?

^

Also, people dont usually vote kick for no reason... Usually they do it to ppl that are:
1- AFK (some times not even that)
2- extremely bad/cause wipes
3- are very obnoxious

so you probably were in one of those categories :P
Edited by Darknuno on 13/12/2012 19:07 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
13/12/2012 18:33Posted by Banzhe
LFR isn't mandatory for raiding in any way, shape or form, dailies aren't mandatory either..

To a certain point it is. When you can get a quick upgrade, then you should go for it. But at some point the effort you put into getting that extra piece of gear could be better spent somewhere else.

13/12/2012 18:33Posted by Banzhe
Everyone thinking that one item will make a difference is woefully mistaken, all it does is make more room for error.., error that could easily be adjusted if you'd take the time to go through everything instead of thinking you're doing "okay".

Agreed, I remember getting to Spiritbinder the first time and thought the fight was so boring, because as a tank there were suddenly nothing to do.

Now that same feeling is starting to creep in on the earlier bosses. I remember a raid night where I messed up on calling the taunts for the Guardians 2 times. I was still told I did a good job, since nobody died, but if that had been earlier we would have wiped instead of one shot it.

Keep in mind that Mogu'shan Vaults are tuned for ilevel 465. The further up you get stuck on something in there, the more you have to think about your own performance rather than your gear.
Reply Quote

This may sound crazy, but maybe drop some of it? If you're raiding then you probably don't need dailies unless you want to chase the vanity items. And those aren't going away in the future.

It is crazy, because you ignore the fact you are gating valor items thru daily quests.

Do you want to tell us that valor items are "vanity items"?

Go, go, cm, tell your game designers to remove the gating, so your ignorance of facts may become true.
Edited by Nessaya on 13/12/2012 19:13 GMT
Reply Quote

Also, as it's been said on this thread, but I'll put it in blue once more: Kicking someone from a LFR raid has no effect on the chance of anyone else getting a drop from the boss. All loot is personal now on the Raid Finder, so by kicking someone you're not increasing the chance you'll get a drop.

id love to drop the dailies as i'm now revered/ exalted with almost all my characters, the problem is that dailies will be mandatory for raiders until there is another way to obtain less charms for our bonus rolls, the bonus rolls ar4e mandatory for raiders as it gives us more chance to improve our gear to progress
Edited by Gridleson on 13/12/2012 19:26 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]