LFR...

90 Night Elf Death Knight
I find that the weekly valor cap ... eeew cap ... should be actually min 2000 and max cap 6000 :) And one crazy thought - raise valors gained from raiding!
Reply Quote
Ion Hazzikostas already answered in an interview, that they keep on the charms being rewards for daily quests only.

Blizzard doesnt learn. Or lets say, they dont want to.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage

This may sound crazy, but maybe drop some of it? If you're raiding then you probably don't need dailies unless you want to chase the vanity items. And those aren't going away in the future.

yea vanity items + valors for upgrades for RAID GEAR + coins for RAID GEAR.

I am sorry but the OP has a real point here, not something you can wipe away with a smart comment. I feel exactly like him, having to do LFR and dailies every week/day in order to stay competitive on raiding - which in my individual case have given up some time ago by now and fell back on performance as expected.

For someone who wants to play the game for its end game content, namely "raiding", anything that can give him and edge IS mandatory. So off we go, endless dailies endless LFR...
Reply Quote
Ion Hazzikostas already answered in an interview, that they keep on the charms being rewards for daily quests only.

Blizzard doesnt learn. Or lets say, they dont want to.

im afraid so which is sad since im sick of dailies but the 3 extra chances at loot.....
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Of course, if you want to be among the topraiders, every upgrade feels mandatory. But what I do not understand:

People who want to be the best complain that they have to put the most effort in it. You can not be the best without going to the greatest lengths!

If you don't have the time to go for every upgrade you must take more time or accept that you can not be as competetive as you would like to.

If you are not willing to go for every upgrade you must change your mind about that or accept that you are not willing to be among the top raiders.

But it is absolutely unaccpetable to ask Blizzard to make significant changes to the game, that would negatively affect the game for most players, only to be optimized for your schedule or playstyle.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
MAKE LFR NOT MANDATORY FOR RAIDERS FOR !@#$S SAKE

Was doing Terrace, and got votekicked just before last boss.. Seems like some guild that had queued in the random needed the Weapons from Sha, and i was competition so votekick.

Then again queued for 30min and got votekicked once again, there was some 8 ppl from same Guild, guess who were the ones to votekick?

Im so %^-*ing pissed, im stuck with Blue weapons once again, if not some maybe drops from the damn real raids.

Not gonna queue 5 hours a day just for the damn headless chicken fest called LFR.

Were semi HC guild, and i feel like im letting our other raiders down by not trying to upgrade my weapons.. !@#$ ill bench myself if we have a better geared warrior for the job.

ATLEAST make it so that Guild groups cant join in as one.

LFR Is Mandatory for raiders, your choosing to do it no one is putting a gun to your head and telling you to do it are they? and if they are vote kicking you, you must be doing something wrong
Reply Quote
@flavasatulta i don't consider my self 1 off the best not by along shot but im exalted/revered with all bar 1 faction across 5 characters i still need 2 pieces form lfr on my main.

i want the bonus roll to help me but i don't see why getting the charms HAVE to come from dailies alone i don't want to do dailies anymore and until charms come from an additional source dailies will always be mandatory in this expansion
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
And where else should they come from? I do understand people may not like dailies. But I do not understand that people complain that they have to put effort in the possibility to gain three bonus rolls per week. As I said, if you are not willing or not have the time to do the dailies, accept that you can not have the additional rolls. If you want the rolls, just take 2, maybe 3 hours a week for the dailies. Of course Blizzard could make them come from additional sources, maybe LFG-Dungeons or farming mobs, but even then people will ask if they can have them for free, because in LFG there are only idiots and there are too many people farming the mobs.
Reply Quote
59 Troll Hunter
13/12/2012 17:43Posted by Draztal
I just dont have time for all the damn LFRs + new dailys + the actual raiding.

This may sound crazy, but maybe drop some of it? If you're raiding then you probably don't need dailies unless you want to chase the vanity items. And those aren't going away in the future.

Also, as it's been said on this thread, but I'll put it in blue once more: Kicking someone from a LFR raid has no effect on the chance of anyone else getting a drop from the boss. All loot is personal now on the Raid Finder, so by kicking someone you're not increasing the chance you'll get a drop.

I dont do the older ones, only the new ones for 496 trinks.

And for ppl saying dont do HCs if you dont have time.. It shouldnt require so much time :E
In wotlk you just needed competitive people, only the actual Raids took time. (Well the VoA or what raid had to be done once a week, wasnt that bad)

And i dont mean this to sound rude, but the more of a casual guilds usually have players who cant perform even the normal modes properly. Im not saying i never do mistakes, but you get the point

Wotlk raiding was much more fun, i actually had time left for alts and PvP. And OMG the next raid better truly be like Ulduar, that one was epic.
Reply Quote
they should come form heroics/lfr heroics are just as easy as dailies heck for people that dont' have a dps spec/gear heroics are faster

flav, both dailies and heroics require the same amount of effort i just don't understand why i'm forced to doing content that's boring to me now has slow vp gains and gives me no other reward than the charms. where as from heroics i get gold, chance and vendor loot/de and vp more than a set of dailies to get my 13 charms a day
Edited by Gridleson on 13/12/2012 20:45 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
13/12/2012 20:41Posted by Glitterkirsi
Wotlk raiding was much more fun, i actually had time left for alts and PvP.

I would have NEVER thought that, after Cataclysm, after 9 months of DS, there would be any player complaining about too much to do.
Edited by Flavastulta on 13/12/2012 20:56 GMT
Reply Quote
59 Troll Hunter
13/12/2012 20:45Posted by Flavastulta

I would have NEVER thought that, after Cataclysm, after 9 months of DS, there would be any player complaining about too much to do.

Skipped Cata mostly, it was a huge letdown for me raidwise.
Reply Quote

i don't think he means it that way, what i think he means is that there's to much to do on his main for raiding so he feels there no time for alts/pvp
Edited by Gridleson on 13/12/2012 20:52 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
i don't think he means it that way, what i think he means is that there's to much to do on his main for raiding so he feels there no time for alts/pvp

This is somehow what Blizzard intended, as people complained in Cata the only thing to do was playing alts. They may have overdone it, and if that is the case, they will learn from it.

flav, both dailies and heroics require the same amount of effort i just don't understand why i'm forced to doing content that's boring to me now has slow vp gains and gives me no other reward than the charms. where as from heroics i get gold, chance and vendor loot/de and vp more than a set of dailies to get my 13 charms a day

13 charms a day? This is the first Golden Lotus hub and 2 quests from the second hub. You get 140 Gold only as quest rewards. And also have the chance of vendor loot. Plus, it will be done in the 10, 15 minutes you wait as dps for a LFG dungeon. Plus, you can choose from many options and sets of dailies. Yes, you will probably gain more VP with the first dungeon of the day, but if we only talk about lesser charms, a LFG dungeon can never be faster than dailies to get those. As a tank or heal, you can still group with someone around.

WoW always forced you to do content that is boring if you want to max out your performance. Or is farming, killing mobs for meat or doing the same dungeon 20 times always new and exciting?
Edited by Flavastulta on 13/12/2012 20:58 GMT
Reply Quote
13/12/2012 20:57Posted by Flavastulta

This is somehow what Blizzard intended, as people complained in Cata the only thing to do was playing alts.

WoW always forced you to do content that is boring if you want to max out your performance. Or is farming, killing mobs for meat or doing the same dungeon 20 times always new and exciting?

this is a lie in woltk i found dungeons boring and i wasnt forced to do them
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
13/12/2012 20:59Posted by Gridleson

Not everyone finds the same things exciting or boring. Some may hate dungeons, some may hate dailies, somy hate farming mobs, some hate farming herbs, some hate farming for food, but to some degree, you were always "forced" to do most of them for raiding.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
13/12/2012 17:43Posted by Draztal
I just dont have time for all the damn LFRs + new dailys + the actual raiding.

Also, as it's been said on this thread, but I'll put it in blue once more: Kicking someone from a LFR raid has no effect on the chance of anyone else getting a drop from the boss. All loot is personal now on the Raid Finder, so by kicking someone you're not increasing the chance you'll get a drop.

It sounds like they were kicking him to abuse him, not so much to increase their own chances.
Reply Quote

Not everyone finds the same things exciting or boring. Some may hate dungeons, some may hate dailies, somy hate farming mobs, some hate farming herbs, some hate farming for food, but to some degree, you were always "forced" to do most of them for raiding.

then whats wrong with giving us options to do it 1 way or another? the more options the better thats kinda why raiding has 3 modes
Edited by Gridleson on 13/12/2012 21:12 GMT
Reply Quote
70 Tauren Warrior
MAKE LFR NOT MANDATORY FOR RAIDERS FOR !@#$S SAKE

Im so %^-*ing pissed, im stuck with Blue weapons once again, if not some maybe drops from the damn real raids.

!@#$ ill bench myself if we have a better geared warrior for the job.

Code of Conduct

Inappropriate Language

This category includes language and/or links to websites containing such language or images which:

Are a mildly inappropriate reference to human anatomy or bodily functions
Are otherwise considered objectionable
Bypass the Mature Language filter

Am I the only one to notice this or is it just a superfluous rule by now?
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
then whats wrong with give us options to do it 1 way or another?

It is the same thing with rep tabards. If there are two ways for earning rewards and one way is much better than the other, people will feel forced to do the one which gives more/better rewards and will ignore the other option. A matter of balance. Blizzard may not have found the right balance yet. But your argument opens the door to "Blizzard, give me everything I want for doing anything I like".
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]