LFR...

sorry but i dont see why after getting exalted/revered i should have to continue doing dailies for charms, as for the rep that's simple.

make it boa and require revered to get or cap the rep you get from it at say 3k a day, also cap the lesser charms at something like 180 a week form all other sources, if people want more rep/charms than that they need to do dailies
Edited by Gridleson on 13/12/2012 21:27 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
13/12/2012 21:24Posted by Gridleson
sorry but i dont see why after getting exalted/revered i should have to continue doing dailies for charms

It is because you want them. And if you want them enough to do the dailies, there is no need to give them to you for a thing you would do anyway (PUGing dungeons).

Another Cata-complaint; world is empty and cities are full of people waiting for a LFG.
Edited by Flavastulta on 13/12/2012 21:34 GMT
Reply Quote
13/12/2012 21:32Posted by Flavastulta
sorry but i dont see why after getting exalted/revered i should have to continue doing dailies for charms

It is because you want them. And if you want them enough to do the dailies, there is no need to give them to you for a thing you would do anyway (PUGing dungeons).

Another Cata-complaint; world is empty and cities are full of people waiting for a LFG.

ok let me get this right say i cba doing dailies 1 day this week, ur say i should be penalized by having to do MORE dailies to make up the 90?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Please edit your question to an understandable one (cba?) and I will try to answer it... No grammar/language flame intended, but I really don't understand that.
Reply Quote
13/12/2012 21:47Posted by Flavastulta
Please edit your question to an understandable one (cba?) and I will try to answer it... No grammar/language flame intended, but I really don't understand that.

ok ill try again then

say i cant be bothered 1 day of the week to do dailies

your saying i should be penalized by having to do more dailies to make up the 90 i require

correct?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I don't suggest that anybody should be penalized. I say if you feel you absolutely need the charms, which is only determined by your own choice of playstyle, doing 7 daily quests a day, which take, especially with raid gear, almost no time, is not too much effort, even if they may be boring.

In my opinion, the advantage of these bonus rolls is almost too high for the minimal effort requiered to get them. If you are not willing to do what is needed for them, you don't want or need them enough, which is perfectly fine. But basicially, you ask for the bonus rolls handed to you without additional effort, and things being handed to players without effort is by far the biggest complaint people have since badges of justice or whatever were introduced...
Reply Quote
then why not remove the charms altogether as dailies take no effort either, all I'm asking for is the option to get them else where which require the same amount of effort, but at a cap.

i like doing dailies but i hate doing them every day just for these, it would be much more enjoyable for me|(maybe loads of other people included) if i could say get 45 or so form doing 5 mans per week and the other 45 doing dailies which require the same effort
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
I already see the threads, complaining about having to do dailies AND dungeons now.

I'm not willing to do the math now, but I think if you do every daily hub only twice a week, you will have about 90 charms. Together with the fact that these hubs have quite a good rotation (not always, I know...) this really makes the argument of having to do them every day invalid.

You could remove the charms, and after that, we could remove loot from LFR. Then, we remove buff food, gems, pots and enchants, because those are expensive, making gold farming mandatory for raiding. And then leveling ("please blizz, make leveling not mandatory for raiding!")... Removing anything is usually not the solution of issues players have about something, otherwise the whole game would have been removed already.
Reply Quote
did you pull that last paragraph out of your backside?

how can you ask for extra effort being required to get the charms else where when dailies and dungeons require the same amount of effort to do and obviously you didn't fully read my post about how i think the tabards should work or getting charms from dungeons should work.

i said about removing the charms since you don't want to give charms for something that's equal in time and effort to what the only way of obtaining them is at the moment,

on the topic of your last paragraph gems, pots and flasks are stupidly cheap unless ur on a low populated/dead server. the only enchants that are expensive are the enchants that cost sha crystals.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
LFR isn't mandatory for raiding in any way, shape or form, dailies aren't mandatory either..

To a certain point it is. When you can get a quick upgrade, then you should go for it. But at some point the effort you put into getting that extra piece of gear could be better spent somewhere else.

What you're talking about is a gamble, that isn't making something mandatory more then playing the lottery every week is mandatory.

It really doesn't matter how you flip this coin, if you chose to be "competitive", then you also accept the fact that you will pursue every avenue of gear there potentially is.., and that mean's enduring the monstrocity of LFR.

On the other side, as many including me will testify to, LFR and daily quests isn't mandatory to raid normal or heroic modes as there is always something that you can improve either in terms of your stat-weightings, the spec you're playing on a given fight (Which a lot of people aren't taking advantage of) or the approach taken on a given fight.

I know this probably rubs a lot the wrong way, but in most cases when people are stuck on a boss, it's due to a flawed tactic, poor players being stuck in a set routine, or generally just favoritism for friends in a raid group that shouldn't be there to begin with. (or friends playing together which in itself is fine, but don't whine about something being mandatory when it's a result of lesser performing players)

then why not remove the charms altogether as dailies take no effort either, all I'm asking for is the option to get them else where which require the same amount of effort, but at a cap.

i like doing dailies but i hate doing them every day just for these, it would be much more enjoyable for me|(maybe loads of other people included) if i could say get 45 or so form doing 5 mans per week and the other 45 doing dailies which require the same effort

I believe Blizzard already stated they would do something similar to this in 5.2 (or perhaps it was later), although I personally hope that they will change stance on this topic.., anything that takes players out of the open world and back in the capitols is the wrong move imo, and it would also mean players are double dipping in dungeons then, something they also stated should not / would not happen!
Edited by Banzhe on 13/12/2012 23:03 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Of course this stuff is cheap, the last paragraph is just a number of examples that would pop up on forums if we start walking the road "if it feels mandatory for raiding we will remove it on demand"...

Actually, I wouldn't care if the charms would be split between dungeons and dailies, as I usually do both. But many other people would complain, especially people like the OP. Because you would have to wait for that some time as dps and then be puged together with idiots who kick you for no reason.

It is so frickin easy to get those charms from dailies. Hardly an effort for a great reward you would have killed for during Classic or BC. I really don't see why we should complicate that system by splitting the charms between dungeons and dailies, or provide ways to get them even faster. Anyone would again be sitting in their major city and wait for LFG if you could get those charms as easily from dungeons. That is exactly the thing MoP is designed against. It would definetely suit your needs, because you do the dungeons anyway, but I don't think it is necessary to change the game in that direction.
Edited by Flavastulta on 13/12/2012 23:00 GMT
Reply Quote
fair enough, but there's 1 thing that still bothers me about mop

why are blizzard trying to force us into the world im prity sure that it was the players choice in wrath and cata to farm the crap out of dungeons for rep, that is THEIR choice nothing to do with blizzard, tho they did make it to easy yo get exalted with them so why didn't they just cap the rep that you can get with it instead of trying to force us into dailies for rep,

also with adding them to dungeons the waiting time to get into 1 would decrease imo because more people will be queuing to do them for the charms/vp/rep
Edited by Gridleson on 13/12/2012 23:06 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Regularly run LFR with some of my raid team (10-15 people most times) and we will abuse the "kick" option only when people are being rude.

Someone started swearing over some minor mistake made in the first boss of Terrace of Spring after we got the kill so we kicked him. His 3 friends kicked off saying "how retarded are you to kick the people who know what they are doing!" to which we simply replied "We will still get the kills without some LFR hero trying to act all cool because they know how to kill LFR bosses, so why the hell should we play with someone who is rude?"

TL:DR - Not all guild groups are !@#$%^-s.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
13/12/2012 23:04Posted by Gridleson
why are blizzard trying to force us into the world

Does it seem so absurd to you that developers are of the opinion that people should not hang out in their city and waiting for a queue to pop up? That they think we should be playing the game while we are online insead of waiting 15 minutes after logging in to play the game? That they want their world that took years of development populated beyond everyone doing the quests once?

Again, that was a major concern of the community during Cata. There was nothing to do with your main char but sitting in the city and queing. Why bother doing the few dailies, when you can get rep with a tabard. The same thing would happen again, because people always take the easiest way.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Coins are BONUS. You do not need them. TRy to seek up meaning of word "bonus". NO ONE is forcing you to do dailies.
Reply Quote
that's why i said they should have capped the rep gain from tabards, or stop the rep from being added at a certain point.

so the developers view is that i should be out killing rare mobs, ect?

here's a solution to give some use to the out doors and remove the instance portals and have all raids and dungeons become outdoor raids and dungeons

give us more vp for doing the outdoor version and more bosses like sha,

seems to me that the problem is that the developers have instanced everything that actually matters to the players in this game, ie the dungeons, raids, bg, and arena

the other content is outdoor content anyway
Edited by Gridleson on 13/12/2012 23:41 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Now it's getting ridiculous and polemical.

Even if it were capped, in an instant the world would be empty again. Most people did not like that, because a MMO with a dead world is not fun, so people complained a lot. Blizzard did also not like it, so they added CRZ and forced you to go out into Pandaria for rep and coins. That people complain now about the solution Blizzard found to player's issues about the empty world only shows that people will always complain about anything. You even complain about having to leave your warm hangout for 20 minutes a day for the coins. That is complaining on such a high level that it is kind of ridiculous in itself.
Reply Quote
im sorry but how is capping the rep gained from a tabard in cata making the world dead?

the would be dead regardless of what blizzard dose unless they make all of the content outdoor content so i don't see how im complaining when im just summing up the developers view of they situation they have,

so far its

1) world is empty
2) create dailies for new faction
3) add valor gear to that faction and lock it behind rep
4) players do the dailies (world is filled with people doing the dailies)
5) players hit the rep required to unlock gear ect
6) players stop doing dailies coz the don't need anymore rep for anything
7) see step 1

also im not complaining about leaving i, its about the fact that it's the only method of of obtaining the coins, i prefer choice, if there is no choice then i get annoyed. ill leave if i want to
Edited by Gridleson on 13/12/2012 23:52 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
13/12/2012 23:51Posted by Gridleson
6) players stop doing dailies coz the don't need anymore rep for anything

You complain for hours that you have to do dailies beyond exalted for the coins. Now you claim this.

You don't want choice, you want the coins for doing dungeons, which you do anyway. Splitting them 45 dungeons / 45 dailies (your suggestion) does not provide choice, but make both mandatory if you want the coins.

Your arguments do not make any sense. You just want the game to be more adjusted to your play style, but that would be agains the developers philosophy for MoP. Thus, it will probably not happen.

I will go to bed now. Have a good night everyone.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Although something I am thinking here. I am casual type of raider. And I do not do dailies every day and I never do more than 1-2 factions at time and if I do dalies it's to fill time in queue, my tea or commercial break on tv or waiting raid time to kick in. I still need to do Anglers, the new faction, sometimes I go to farm plant turnips and from the previous steady questing (I never do daily again on faction I am already exalted with except farmers for the cooking token - that's 1 quest ! Or if related quests are quick ones like aoe some rabbits nearby)... and I have ~1000 charms - give or take some. And I do now mainly 5.1 faction...

How come people must do dailies to get coins if they have played as I have - get casually reps up, and take time to get things done without rush. And from alt POV, Doing Golden lotus hubs while in dungeon/LFR queue like 1-2 sessions and you'd have your 3 coins again.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]