LFR...

90 Pandaren Monk
12/12/2012 20:48Posted by Piitz
Its not mandatory, never been and never will, though its a option to gear up.

Piitz I guess the armoury is bugged for you then and should not be showing that you have clear LFR MV at least 8 times as well as the other 2?
Reply Quote
94 Worgen Death Knight
Nowhere in their post did Piitz say they didn't run them.

He/she said it wasn't mandatory and it was an option to gear up. An option they obviously choose to partake of.

Stop trying to be a smartarse and call people out when you obviously didn't read or understand the post in the first place.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
fair enough, but there's 1 thing that still bothers me about mop

why are blizzard trying to force us into the world im prity sure that it was the players choice in wrath and cata to farm the crap out of dungeons for rep, that is THEIR choice nothing to do with blizzard, tho they did make it to easy yo get exalted with them so why didn't they just cap the rep that you can get with it instead of trying to force us into dailies for rep,

also with adding them to dungeons the waiting time to get into 1 would decrease imo because more people will be queuing to do them for the charms/vp/rep

There wasn't any choice in Wrath or Cata, everything was tied into dungeons.., reputation, jp / vp points, items!
As for you're logic about tying these things into dungeon's yet again, you're absolutely right.., it would lower the que-time (most likely not by much, but still some), but it would also lead back to the barren desolate zones of Cataclysm.

In my experience based on everyone I've come across while playing, they would hate to have to sit inside the cities again, and do nothing other then afk waiting on a que to pop.., how anyone can find that sort of "play-style" attractive still baffles me completely!
Edited by Banzhe on 14/12/2012 02:21 GMT
Reply Quote
13/12/2012 23:58Posted by Flavastulta
6) players stop doing dailies coz the don't need anymore rep for anything

You complain for hours that you have to do dailies beyond exalted for the coins. Now you claim this.

You don't want choice, you want the coins for doing dungeons, which you do anyway. Splitting them 45 dungeons / 45 dailies (your suggestion) does not provide choice, but make both mandatory if you want the coins.

Your arguments do not make any sense. You just want the game to be more adjusted to your play style, but that would be agains the developers philosophy for MoP. Thus, it will probably not happen.

I will go to bed now. Have a good night everyone.

i see you didn't read my post that list is not what im claiming , but its the problem that blizzard has using the current system, blizzard only seems to be implementing dailies to get ppl out into the world so naturally once they get the rep they need they will just go back and sit in the cities anyway.

thats where that list came from
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
14/12/2012 08:26Posted by Gridleson
blizzard only seems to be implementing dailies to get ppl out into the world

There is more to it, like progressing the story and progressing your char beyond max level. Using dailies for it also has he desired effect that people stop sitting in the city and queing all day.

once they get the rep they need they will just go back and sit in the cities anyway

Not really, because these quests still give gold, coins, VP, sometimes achievements and to some players maybe even fun.

It seems I fail to see what your point is beyond that you want the charms and maybe reputation to come, in some quantities, from dungeons.
Edited by Flavastulta on 14/12/2012 08:48 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
LFR and Dailies are both mandatory for raiders.

Gimping your raid because you are lazy is not an option for most raiders.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid

You complain for hours that you have to do dailies beyond exalted for the coins. Now you claim this.

You don't want choice, you want the coins for doing dungeons, which you do anyway. Splitting them 45 dungeons / 45 dailies (your suggestion) does not provide choice, but make both mandatory if you want the coins.

Your arguments do not make any sense. You just want the game to be more adjusted to your play style, but that would be agains the developers philosophy for MoP. Thus, it will probably not happen.

I will go to bed now. Have a good night everyone.

i see you didn't read my post that list is not what im claiming , but its the problem that blizzard has using the current system, blizzard only seems to be implementing dailies to get ppl out into the world so naturally once they get the rep they need they will just go back and sit in the cities anyway.

thats where that list came from

So you want to do only one thing (dungeons) for two rewards (Lesser Charms and Valor/rep/anything)? Well, bad news: the devs don't want to give you 2 rewards for one thing, only one. Lesser Charms are the rewards for raiders from dailys; for example I hate raiding, so I have many, many Charms and I can't use them. But I don't start a campaign to get something to do with those useless - at least for me useless - Charms.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
LFR and Dailies are both mandatory for raiders.

Gimping your raid because you are lazy is not an option for most raiders.

When it is your choice of playstyle to hunt for every small upgrade that's fine.

I know, you didn't say it, but usually when somebody comes up with that point (like the opening poster of this thread) he demands that it should not be mandatory for him. There are basicially two possibilities for that.

a) you just remove the thing in question, may it be charms or LFR-loot
b) you hand out those advantages with even lesser effort required for them, practically for free

My concern is that I don't see how people who claim to be "serious" about raiding can honestly demand to a) reduce the size and possibilities of the game or b) get those strong advanteges handed to them freely. Apart from the fact that a minority is asking Blizzard to tailor the game to their individual preferences and schedules without caring about the negative impact that would have for a majority of players.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
It's not mandatory. There's your answer.

And as for "not having time", then don't do it all. Just because there are optional ways for you to progress, that doesn't mean they're all NEEDED. I have yet to stand or fall upon charms, LFR gear (I've gotten 1 piece in all this time, since replaced) or even dailies.

Sometimes I feel that what people are mad about, is that they can't have an easy road towards OUTGEARING content...
Edited by Rorcanna on 14/12/2012 11:58 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
14/12/2012 11:54Posted by Flavastulta
My concern is that I don't see how people who claim to be "serious" about raiding can honestly demand to a) reduce the size and possibilities of the game or b) get those strong advanteges handed to them freely. Apart from the fact that a minority is asking Blizzard to tailor the game to their individual preferences and schedules without caring about the negative impact that would have for a majority of players.

Amen to this.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Maybe you just were so bad they kicked you. twice.
Reply Quote
59 Troll Hunter
14/12/2012 14:22Posted by Calderi
Maybe you just were so bad they kicked you. twice.

Never previously have been kicked from a LFR previously, did some fast relogs tho to sort out addons (less than 30seconds), but they didnt kick me right after that but like 5mins after.

Maybe i showed offline to them or not dont know.

Still, all serious raiders on this Thread agree that LFRs and that 90 lesser charms are mandatory. I mean that wouldnt be bad thing if i did have time for them.

But for now with limited time, being competitive for our raids means that i dont really have time for anything that i feel "fun" (Mainly PvP) outside of raids. Cause 80% of my time spent outside of raids boils down to being LFR queue and doing tedious dailys.

In TBC i remember doing even more grinding for gear, but that was actually fun, cause i then had all the time in the world.

Then came Wotlk with a lot less gear grinding which was super-great! By now I had some limited time, but still enough for the "daily grind" and got time for PvP and alts too.

Now in MoP it feels so overwhelming and time consuming :/ Dont have time for alts, although my shaman healer would be great addition when geared.

Only options i have right now is to quit or get carried by guildies..

And a tip for you guys saying gear isnt MANDATORY, i can improve in my rotation and gameplay.... :) Well, ofcourse serious raiders always have best rotation and such, and simcraft is used to minmax the stat weightings.

So after that, gear comes to be the only factor that matters in the bigger scale really.
Edited by Glitterkirsi on 14/12/2012 15:01 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
So what exactly do you suggest to solve the problem, Glitterkirsi?
Reply Quote
14/12/2012 15:39Posted by Flavastulta
So what exactly do you suggest to solve the problem, Glitterkirsi?

unfortunately only way i see it being not mandatory for raiders is to

remove the teir tokens
remove sha touched weapons and sigils
remove trinkets
blizz makes all crafted gear 483 atleast
valor gear is no longer locked behind rep/dailies
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Yes, right, removing things and handing out other things even more easily.

Seriously, when someone says he is a "serious" and "competetive" raider and then whines about having to take 5, 6 hours a week (realistically) to get LFR-loot and charms, he has NO IDEA what competitive and serious raiding means. In my opinion, just ridiculous QQ of greedy players who want everything without doing something for it.

The game presents so many things at a silver tablet to you and you still complain that you have to grab for it yourself. If you were really that serious and competetive about raiding as you would like to be you wouldn't waste your oh so precious time here complaining that the game offers you too many ways to upgrade your gear.
Reply Quote
59 Troll Hunter
Yes, right, removing things and handing out other things even more easily.

Seriously, when someone says he is a "serious" and "competetive" raider and then whines about having to take 5, 6 hours a week (realistically) to get LFR-loot and charms, he has NO IDEA what competitive and serious raiding means. In my opinion, just ridiculous QQ of greedy players who want everything without doing something for it.

The game presents so many things at a silver tablet to you and you still complain that you have to grab for it yourself. If you were really that serious and competetive about raiding as you would like to be you wouldn't waste your oh so precious time here complaining that the game offers you too many ways to upgrade your gear.

Whats up with you being such an !@# :D Some sand stuck where it shouldnt be?

I dont even cba to explain anything to you, if you havent gotten any clue from my previous posts then dont.

As i said, too timeconsuming to be competitive in heroic modes. I dont really care about upgrades and do i get them or not, i just want to raid. And since heroic modes tend to be balanced around the near top gear.. Well i need it to get the gear.

Im not alone with this in my Guild, theres many of us who have a time consuming work. Wotlk model was much better.

Happy holidays, im off :)
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
14/12/2012 18:03Posted by Glitterkirsi
too timeconsuming to be competitive in heroic modes

i just want to raid

So when we use your logic, there should be fully equipped premade 90s, because you just want to raid, why should you do anything before that?

I dont even cba to explain anything to you

When you come to the forums and complain about anything you must a) give a better solution or b) admit that you are just whining.

Really, when you think you can't be bothered to prepare for heroic raiding you are not a serious raider. Complaining that the hardest PvE-activity requires preparation makes you a wannabe-pro.

When you don't have the time to prepare properly for heroic raiding, then you can't be a serious and competetive raider, is that so hard to understand? And that the game, especially raiding, was too easy during WotLK, is something many hardcore raiders complained about, what do you think why we have heroic mode today?

Imagine a professional soccer player saying "I just want to play games against top teams and earn money for it, but training is too time consuming, you can't seriously ask me to practice 5 times a week! What, everyone practices to be on top? Well, just forbid training, so I can be happy." That is kind of the thing you do, of course in another context.

Edit: Or, to give another example, it's like buying any videogame and saying you just want to play the last level, and because you don't have time or are not willing to play all the other levels before, you ask the developer to remove those levels for everyone.
Edited by Flavastulta on 14/12/2012 19:13 GMT
Reply Quote
96 Gnome Warlock
I dont even cba to explain anything to you

Whats up with you being such an !@# :D Some sand stuck where it shouldnt be?

Ah yes, lets resort to this behaviour when someone else is making a point we dont agree with.
I understand that you feel you need to do LFR/Daily Quest in addition to raiding to maximize your potential in heroic raids, and that this is time consuming. Time that you can't/dont want to spend in this department.

But also agree with mostly everything Flavastulta posted. To you all this seems to feel like an
extra "chore" to do, but for some people its the only content they see (and I dont want to pull
random numbers out of my rear end, but I think its a large part of the playerbase). Expecting
developers to change the game in favour of a niche playerbase, because you can't or aren't
willing to commit the time, is to say at least a bit bigoted.

Still waiting to see a realistic proposition without any feel of superiority or disfavour.

Just my two cents as a former hardcore raider.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Still, all serious raiders on this Thread agree that LFRs and that 90 lesser charms are mandatory. I mean that wouldnt be bad thing if i did have time for them.

This pretty much made me facedesk and add this entire thread, to the tons of other I want the gear but I'm whining that I have to spend "to much time" on a play style I have chosen.

As i said, too timeconsuming to be competitive in heroic modes. I dont really care about upgrades and do i get them or not, i just want to raid. And since heroic modes tend to be balanced around the near top gear.. Well i need it to get the gear.

Im not alone with this in my Guild, theres many of us who have a time consuming work. Wotlk model was much better.

Happy holidays, im off :)

I hope the CM's are laughing as much as the rest of the normal people:-)
Edited by Banzhe on 14/12/2012 19:39 GMT
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Death Knight

Do trust me - my sha HC slapping friends probably spend less time in game as most of the people in this thread....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]