Please allow players

5 Night Elf Rogue
Hello.

Blizzard, please allow players to use grey items for transmog, yes thats right, i did say Grey gear.

I got a few grey items that i like to use for my transmog, but, it says that the gear isnt "allowed".

Please allow this.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
They should never do this. many grey items are 'fun' items and are in no way suitable for transmog. We would see way too many people outfitted with fishes as weapons, pots and pans, wearing nothing but a thong, or whatever funky 'fun' item that is out there.

There is plenty transmog gear out there, choose from that.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid
I think a few rules of transmog are being changed in 5.2, unless that's just off-hand/main-hand/one-hand rules. I'm hoping it'll come into play, if I'm honest, particularly if it's white gear like the Harvest stuff.

Will you be wearing this gear out and about? Like for dungeon runs, questing and the like? If not, you can just equip the pieces of gear when you're not doing anything (just checking auctions, mail, general exploring), like RPers do. Though I do prefer transmogrification by a long shot, and really glad it was added.

They should never do this. many grey items are 'fun' items and are in no way suitable for transmog. We would see way too many people outfitted with fishes as weapons, pots and pans, wearing nothing but a thong, or whatever funky 'fun' item that is out there.There is plenty transmog gear out there, choose from that.

I suppose you have a point there, and to be honest I am somewhat against the idea now this has been brought up. So long as there's limitations (and I mean heavy ones) on grey/white gear, a lot of that nonsense should come to a close.
Edited by Jonní on 12/12/2012 11:51 GMT
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Mage
12/12/2012 11:47Posted by Aenyo
They should never do this. many grey items are 'fun' items and are in no way suitable for transmog. We would see way too many people outfitted with fishes as weapons, pots and pans, wearing nothing but a thong, or whatever funky 'fun' item that is out there.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/draenor/Magickevin/advanced

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/boulderfist/Articas/simple

Because these don't look silly at all.

Personally I have some white and grey items that actually look very cool, (also my pink set would be on 24/7). I see no problem with it and while it could look silly... you can get silly looking gear as it is at the moment anyway.
Edited by Eolien on 12/12/2012 11:51 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
thong

Beach Party Thong

:D
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid
12/12/2012 11:49Posted by Eolien

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/boulderfist/Articas/simple

Because these don't look silly at all.

Personally I have some white and grey items that actually look very cool, (also my pink set would be on 24/7). I see no problem with it and while it could look silly... you can get silly looking gear as it is at the moment anyway.

Silly, but the Sin'dorei deserves credit for such a hilarious look.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Mage
12/12/2012 11:53Posted by Jonní
Silly, but the Sin'dorei deserves credit for such a hilarious look.

I'm kind of jealous of it to be honest...
Reply Quote
5 Night Elf Rogue

So we should all just walk around in T gear?

In real life you dont judge people for what or how they dress and why shouldnt people be allowed to dress how they like in WoW?

I cant see why this would hurt anyone, you see lots of people running around "naked" in WoW and thats just fine?

So we are not allowed to have the fun we like in WoW, but, only the fun people like you want...

:/
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Rogue
I want this.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid

So we should all just walk around in T gear?

In real life you dont judge people for what or how they dress and why shouldnt people be allowed to dress how they like in WoW?

I cant see why this would hurt anyone, you see lots of people running around "naked" in WoW and thats just fine?

So we are not allowed to have the fun we like in WoW, but, only the fun people like you want...

:/

Actually yes, people do judge by what they dress. I used to be a Metalhead, but now I'm very much into Scissor Sisters, Queen and Strauss. Yet I still wear either a bomber jacket or a trench coat, all black and have my hair long. I still wear studded leather boots and gloves. I often get remarks about "same gender relationships" (because even the "slang" or the original word will just get censored) and being a mosher.

Yes, people run around in their undergarments but they won't benefit in the slightest from it. Plus, it's seen as a taboo, an unwritten rule that makes people unhappy if it's broken. The point is, it shouldn't be done, because some get offended (not me, but I've seen some who have complained about it to Hell and back) or it ruins the immersion. However having a transmog set to your liking / uniform is OK, because no matter how it looks (like Eolin had shown with the Sin'dorei Martian), it's at least considerate and not offensive.

It's up to players to take responsibility for how they look. Running around semi-naked is deemed an unimmersive thing, and I can only imagine it annoys the Hell out of RPers making progress with what they're doing, and taking it seriously
Reply Quote
91 Human Warlock
I want to use my hat for transmogging.
Reply Quote
i want the foam sword toy :D
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 11:49Posted by Eolien

My hero!

Now I got the sudden urge to make my transmogs look funny instead of serious.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Refusing to level an alt of mine with this item of gear: Ceremonial Leather Loincloth hehehe :D

Trying to find a good top to go with it, so if anyone knows of one, let me know... :)
Reply Quote
Community
12/12/2012 11:49Posted by Jonní
They should never do this. many grey items are 'fun' items and are in no way suitable for transmog. We would see way too many people outfitted with fishes as weapons, pots and pans, wearing nothing but a thong, or whatever funky 'fun' item that is out there.There is plenty transmog gear out there, choose from that.

This.

It's true that transmog already opened some doors to some very silly outfits by allowing green items to be used, so one could argue that we could simply extend this to white and grey items and let the silliness go wild in Azeroth and Outland. But I don’t think that’s what devs had in mind when they added transmogrification though.

It was supposed to encourage players to hold onto items with sentimental or aesthetic value. Now, I’m not saying that silly outfits are bad, sometimes I can’t stop laughing at some of them, it’s great fun, but allowing grey and white items to be suitable for transmogrification would probably be a bit over-the-top.
Personally I feel that transmogrification brought some coolness and freedom to the game but at a certain cost, everything seems a bit chaotic now. I actually somewhat miss the possibility of recognizing someone’s progress and gear by just looking at them, but oh well, I’m getting nostalgic here :’)

Also remember that we have the following note in our transmogrification rules “a select few of these items will be prevented from being used to transmogrify if they are inappropriate“, so if we were to open this up to grey + white items, I’m sure that this blacklist would have to become much larger and I suspect that would create too many exceptions and become confusing to players.
As always, we’ll let you know if anything changes regarding this though.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If players want to look silly why not let them? Seriously...it's a game.
Reply Quote
23 Gnome Warlock
I want to use my hat for transmogging

I have been intending to get that hat and use a red cape with it but I have
not yet found the time to put this wild idea into action.
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Human Death Knight
12/12/2012 16:38Posted by Jen
If players want to look silly why not let them? Seriously...it's a game.

If I want to log in as a GM and destroy Stormwind on every realm, then why shouldn't Blizzard let me? Yes, it's a game. I would not enjoy the game if my PvP opponent was a male human in a dress dual-wielding bunches of flowers. In fact, that would make me quit my subscription instantly.

It might be a game, but it's also a multiplayer one. While it may not be perfect, a good rule of thumb is where the actions of one player interfere with the enjoyment which others derive from the game, then those actions are crossing a line that should not be crossed.
Edited by Doomsinger on 12/12/2012 17:04 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]