Please allow players

100 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 16:35Posted by Taepsilum
They should never do this. many grey items are 'fun' items and are in no way suitable for transmog. We would see way too many people outfitted with fishes as weapons, pots and pans, wearing nothing but a thong, or whatever funky 'fun' item that is out there.There is plenty transmog gear out there, choose from that.

This.

Not.
Sorry, but this reason is really weak, considering a) what items ARE available in green+ quality and b) as you said:
Also remember that we have the following note in our transmogrification rules “a select few of these items will be prevented from being used to transmogrify if they are inappropriate“

As for being confusing: Really? There is a LIST of items not available? Thats new to me. Right now I try if I can use an item and it either works or not.

One white set I'd like to use would be the Sun Cured Items (BE style - e.g. Sun Cured Vest). Really nice set, can be replaced by some green+ items, but especially farming the Bonechewer items is a real pain in the !@#...
Reply Quote
82 Tauren Priest
Let us transmog to christmas hats, even if just for December.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Also remember that we have the following note in our transmogrification rules “a select few of these items will be prevented from being used to transmogrify if they are inappropriate“

how can some items be inappropiate in the 1st place ?! blizzard made all of them u tell me that blizzard made inappropiate looking items and we cant transmog cuz they failed in the 1st place?
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Death Knight
12/12/2012 17:05Posted by Kezuma
how can some items be inappropiate in the 1st place ?! blizzard made all of them u tell me that blizzard made inappropiate looking items and we cant transmog cuz they failed in the 1st place?

Something can be perfectly appropriate for a one-off silly item but not suitable for everyday use.
Reply Quote
so it makes people look silly? everyone wants to look silly, and i remember in vanilla, people equiping full set of twill greys
played TF2 recently? :P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
It's true that transmog already opened some doors to some very silly outfits by allowing green items to be used, so one could argue that we could simply extend this to white and grey items and let the silliness go wild in Azeroth and Outland. But I don’t think that’s what devs had in mind when they added transmogrification though.

It was supposed to encourage players to hold onto items with sentimental or aesthetic value. Now, I’m not saying that silly outfits are bad, sometimes I can’t stop laughing at some of them, it’s great fun, but allowing grey and white items to be suitable for transmogrification would probably be a bit over-the-top.
Personally I feel that transmogrification brought some coolness and freedom to the game but at a certain cost, everything seems a bit chaotic now. I actually somewhat miss the possibility of recognizing someone’s progress and gear by just looking at them, but oh well, I’m getting nostalgic here :’)

Aw :( There goes my "Furious Sweeper of Doom!" look. Plus, you could then so the "Simple old Martial arts Master" trope with the Monk's Trainee's Staff
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
AION transmog > all... running around with santa outfit wins. Need moar only transmog items with no stats.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
12/12/2012 17:07Posted by Doomsinger

Something can be perfectly appropriate for a one-off silly item but not suitable for everyday use.

and how or who decide what is perfectly appropiate use of an item for every day for me? maybe for half of the wow players an item might look good for every day use and 1 person from dev team say hey that is not right to be used every day lets not allow for transmog... Rly how u guys decide what is and what is not right to use?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Also remember that we have the following note in our transmogrification rules “a select few of these items will be prevented from being used to transmogrify if they are inappropriate“, so if we were to open this up to grey + white items, I’m sure that this blacklist would have to become much larger and I suspect that would create too many exceptions and become confusing to players.
As always, we’ll let you know if anything changes regarding this though.

If confusion about transmog availability is an issue would you consider adding a small graphic to tooltips/icons, perhaps similar to how the Armory shows if something has been mogged in that slot (the small pink/ shape in the bottom corner)? Adding that icon would let people know at a glance if an item can be used.

Hell, even if the decision to block white/grey is kept then it would prove useful to filter out the current exceptions.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
If players want to look silly why not let them? Seriously...it's a game.

If I want to log in as a GM and destroy Stormwind on every realm, then why shouldn't Blizzard let me? Yes, it's a game.

I fail to see how destroying a major city compares to something as cosmetic as transmogging.

12/12/2012 16:53Posted by Doomsinger
I would not enjoy the game if my PvP opponent was a male human in a dress dual-wielding bunches of flowers. In fact, that would make me quit my subscription instantly.

There are plenty of ways to look silly without a bunch of flowers. You only need to get any random combination of TBC gear to do that.

Lets not forget the t11 priest shoulders that looked like something part of a novelty bathroom. Or the "banana" paladin tier set. Probably the worst plate gear in the game with that weird shell-fish looking one (from SSC I think) coming in on a close second. Some of the shields look truly awful and look -nothing- like shields. Many very strongly resemble doors, coffin lids, or are just some vastly disagreeable combination of sticks, skulls and glowing nonsense.

And what about things that can transform players like noggenfogger's elixir, blingtron and the many many clickes out there? You think those all make players blend in to the world?

There are already plenty of ways to look like an idiot but most players choose not to. Probably because most players want to look cool. When Transmogging was first introduced many players QQed because they were convinced everyone would try to look as silly as possible. Right now you seem like that sort of player.

And guess what? They were proven wrong.
Edited by Jen on 12/12/2012 17:51 GMT
Reply Quote
41 Dwarf Monk
They should never do this. many grey items are 'fun' items and are in no way suitable for transmog. We would see way too many people outfitted with fishes as weapons, pots and pans, wearing nothing but a thong, or whatever funky 'fun' item that is out there.There is plenty transmog gear out there, choose from that.

This.

It's true that transmog already opened some doors to some very silly outfits by allowing green items to be used, so one could argue that we could simply extend this to white and grey items and let the silliness go wild in Azeroth and Outland. But I don’t think that’s what devs had in mind when they added transmogrification though.

It was supposed to encourage players to hold onto items with sentimental or aesthetic value. Now, I’m not saying that silly outfits are bad, sometimes I can’t stop laughing at some of them, it’s great fun, but allowing grey and white items to be suitable for transmogrification would probably be a bit over-the-top.
Personally I feel that transmogrification brought some coolness and freedom to the game but at a certain cost, everything seems a bit chaotic now. I actually somewhat miss the possibility of recognizing someone’s progress and gear by just looking at them, but oh well, I’m getting nostalgic here :’)

Also remember that we have the following note in our transmogrification rules “a select few of these items will be prevented from being used to transmogrify if they are inappropriate“, so if we were to open this up to grey + white items, I’m sure that this blacklist would have to become much larger and I suspect that would create too many exceptions and become confusing to players.

derp you do block special greens and so why not do same with greys?
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 17:50Posted by Jen
There are plenty of ways to look silly without a bunch of flowers. You only need to get any random combination of TBC gear to do that.

So true. I'm questing in Outland atm and only using quest gear. Just look how ridiculous my character looks!
Still looks better then all the boring grey and brown outfits from Lichking and Cata though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
http://www.wowhead.com/item=90896 this helm should be made green to let people use it for mogging, It´s way to cool to just let it rot in bag/bank or be turned to vendor food. I am of course talking about all armor models of said helm not just the plate one ^^
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/12/2012 18:21Posted by Ímina
http://www.wowhead.com/item=90896 this helm should be made green to let people use it for mogging, It´s way to cool to just let it rot in bag/bank or be turned to vendor food. I am of course talking about all armor models of said helm not just the plate one ^^
It already is moggable. ^^
Reply Quote
97 Human Warrior

It's because we'd be able to make transmog outfits without stupidly large shoulders, isn't it? I'm onto you!
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
If blizzard don't want people to look silly, they really really need to take a second look on 99% of all the shoulder pieces in game.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Atleast upgrade some nice looking grays and commons to uncommons so we can use them for transformers.

Also we need some highres realistic looking armors and weapons and race specific gear (Make them require faction reputation or something). I want to look like that I can hande myself in the field, not tripping over because I look like a christmas tree.
Edited by Raato on 12/12/2012 20:55 GMT
Reply Quote
92 Human Priest
They should never do this. many grey items are 'fun' items and are in no way suitable for transmog. We would see way too many people outfitted with fishes as weapons, pots and pans, wearing nothing but a thong, or whatever funky 'fun' item that is out there.

There is plenty transmog gear out there, choose from that.

So what if your tank looks like they are only wearing a thong, what difference does it make or do you pay that much attention to what all others in a raid are wearing?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]