Please allow players

90 Draenei Shaman
Bump for Justice and freedom from the Mandrax Mogadon sucking DEVS visions of the future of this game.

Just do it you useless Buzzard DEV's – you opened the door to free us from the unimaginative crud of your vision of how it should all look, so go the whole hog and let us put together our concept of what we think we should look like.

Yes the joke will be on you because you will realise that you wasted a lot of money on what you thought looked cool.. which was really just load gay nonsense.

It's a game and in theory your meant to deliver to us (gasp).. entertainment.

If you look at the dailies.. you delivered the biggest pile of boring monotonous rubbish I think I've ever encountered. If it wasn't for pet battles, I'd be gone.

Lets face it.. some of the art work on the grey and white gear is streets ahead of the epics.
Just take one look at the various shoulder pad models.. embarrassing.

Don't even look at my head gear.. wtf is that all about.. I look like a donkey with his head shove up the back end of a tin can.

I still have Stitches' Femur on one of my toons in the faint hope that I can see myself beating somebody over the head with it.

Now if I could only get a DEV to sit there an test it.. come Ghost Crawler.. your time has arrived.
Reply Quote
39 Undead Rogue
12/12/2012 21:24Posted by Odacon
It's a game and in theory your meant to deliver to us (gasp).. entertainment.

Which they do, they just don't let players have free rein over what can and can't be done in a game they have created ;)
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 17:50Posted by Jen
There are plenty of ways to look silly without a bunch of flowers. You only need to get any random combination of TBC gear to do that.

This so much. It's ok for my female characters to walk around with something that looks like it only consists of two plate dots covering their boobs but it's not ok to transmog a weapon to a pan because it'd look "silly"?
Edited by Draperdon on 12/12/2012 21:33 GMT
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 17:50Posted by Jen

If I want to log in as a GM and destroy Stormwind on every realm, then why shouldn't Blizzard let me? Yes, it's a game.

I fail to see how destroying a major city compares to something as cosmetic as transmogging.

12/12/2012 16:53Posted by Doomsinger
I would not enjoy the game if my PvP opponent was a male human in a dress dual-wielding bunches of flowers. In fact, that would make me quit my subscription instantly.

There are plenty of ways to look silly without a bunch of flowers. You only need to get any random combination of TBC gear to do that.

Lets not forget the t11 priest shoulders that looked like something part of a novelty bathroom. Or the "banana" paladin tier set. Probably the worst plate gear in the game with that weird shell-fish looking one (from SSC I think) coming in on a close second. Some of the shields look truly awful and look -nothing- like shields. Many very strongly resemble doors, coffin lids, or are just some vastly disagreeable combination of sticks, skulls and glowing nonsense.

And what about things that can transform players like noggenfogger's elixir, blingtron and the many many clickes out there? You think those all make players blend in to the world?

There are already plenty of ways to look like an idiot but most players choose not to. Probably because most players want to look cool. When Transmogging was first introduced many players QQed because they were convinced everyone would try to look as silly as possible. Right now you seem like that sort of player.

And guess what? They were proven wrong.

This

and

12/12/2012 20:34Posted by Ravinna
If blizzard don't want people to look silly, they really really need to take a second look on 99% of all the shoulder pieces in game.

This. The Devs do know Rob Liefeld is nowadays recognized as the awful, awful artist he is/was, right?

http://www.progressiveboink.com/2012/4/21/2960508/worst-rob-liefeld-drawings

Also, the White Gear sets 'Vanilla' Vendors sell look a lot more like real armor than pretty much all the GWAR-ish Tier crapola that passes for armor (including such luminaries like pieces of treebark, smoldering facemasks and what not) and let's not even get started about all the 'Plate-kini' nonsense and out-of-place Heirlooms ('Heirlooms and rags' look oh-so realistic).

Besides, if certain pieces of gear are deemed 'too silly' perhaps they shouldn't have been introduced in the first place, and frankly only the very insecure would lament being hit in PvP by a rockhard fish etc.

A childish game filled with Kung Fu Panda's, rediculously oversized weaponary, Dragons with horrible overbites, and garish Garrosh as Warchief has bigger stylistic issues than a couple of fish, one would say.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
They should never do this. many grey items are 'fun' items and are in no way suitable for transmog. We would see way too many people outfitted with fishes as weapons, pots and pans, wearing nothing but a thong, or whatever funky 'fun' item that is out there.

There is plenty transmog gear out there, choose from that.

So what if your tank looks like they are only wearing a thong, what difference does it make or do you pay that much attention to what all others in a raid are wearing?
You called?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
@ the little dead dude .. Corripio.

They are not delivering entertainment. They are delivering the same old formulaic crud of kill this and that 10 x 10 times over and over again. It's boring. That is why raiding was invented.

Give us death by fry pan.. or fish and cut flowers.

Give us BFG you useless DEV's .. anything. How bout a Lazar shark mounted gun turret on top of the houses to blast vermin.. anything to break the drudgery of your intellectual laziness on how to kill stuff.

The point being, that we are able to keep ourselves amused with our own stupidity with items that already exist.

We the users just want to unlock the full potential and killing power of theses seemingly harmless objects.
Reply Quote
75 Worgen Hunter
12/12/2012 11:40Posted by Azalina
Blizzard, please allow players to use grey items for transmog, yes thats right, i did say Grey gear.

Also the AHs are full of enough crap as it is. People would start putting "great" transmog greys in...
Reply Quote
I would not enjoy the game if my PvP opponent was a male human in a dress dual-wielding bunches of flowers. In fact, that would make me quit my subscription instantly.

That would make you quit the game? Just... wow. /facepalm

I'm not interested in Transmog in the slightest. But if players want more items they can choose from I fail to see the downside. Everything I read in blue or green writing in this thread so far does not make a compelling argument at all.

If I remember correctly Blizzard told us pretty often "more options are good". Yeah, right. You demonstrated time and again how much you value giving the players options. In WoW and in D3.
Edited by Osseric on 12/12/2012 23:34 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Okay addressing a point that went missed here both by the Blue and whatever the green text guy is.

THE OP SAID GRAY GEAR.
Gear.
As in, the things you wear. He did NOT say flowers (NO gray flowers btw, only common), off-hands, loincloths (which btw are Uncommon and NOT gray.). He said gear. And i wholeheartedly agree.

Did you know that the ONLY Ironforge guard replica helm available to Alliance in-game is a Gray? Or that the ONLY hot-pink hat in-game is a Gray? Same goes with many, many other items that suit a transmog set. You have a lovely full set, and then one damn piece is a gray and you can't mog it.

No one mentioned fish. No one mentioned flowers. And no one certainly mentioned thongs, even though the most revealing pieces are already transmoggable.

If you did not intend for Whites and Grays to be something desirable, then why are there full outfits of them? Every city or starting zone has a vendor that sells a full-awesome looking- set that you will probably never use unless you're on a RP server. So why not? Why not allow gray gear?

Also note, the gray gear pieces sometimes look better than what you'd wear if you quested in Outland. Much better.

So, if you can allow us to look like clowns if we wanted by doing 3 zones in Outland, why not allow us to look decent with a few grays?

What the Blue said "This." to was probably the most unrelated post ever. No Gray quality *gear* piece is a fun item. Name one if that's the case. You know what I can name? Full sets consisting of entirely Gray items. Tarnished, Frost-rimmed, etc. None of those have fun, they have aesthetics that you can't get anywhere else. And alas, you can't use them. But sure, you can use the bird-bath shoulders from the priest T11.

My two copper for the point being missed.
Reply Quote
57 Undead Warlock
12/12/2012 16:53Posted by Doomsinger
If players want to look silly why not let them? Seriously...it's a game.

If I want to log in as a GM and destroy Stormwind on every realm, then why shouldn't Blizzard let me?

Yep, transmogging a grey hat is just like wiping out a city on every realm.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
f I want to log in as a GM and destroy Stormwind on every realm, then why shouldn't Blizzard let me? Yes, it's a game. I would not enjoy the game if my PvP opponent was a male human in a dress dual-wielding bunches of flowers. In fact, that would make me quit my subscription instantly.

It might be a game, but it's also a multiplayer one. While it may not be perfect, a good rule of thumb is where the actions of one player interfere with the enjoyment which others derive from the game, then those actions are crossing a line that should not be crossed.

You'd "instantly" quit your subscription if your opponent in PvP was wearing a dress and dual-wielding flowers? Is that not a slight overreaction?

Could you explain how a person dual-wielding flowers has a detrimental effect on your "enjoyment of the game"?

Your comment about crossing a line is entirely correct, but you would be the one crossing the line in this scenario. You want to limit the choices of another player's clothing to ones that YOU deem suitable. Who decides when this "line" is crossed?

You seem to believe that your warrior opponent in PvP should only dual-wield huge bloodthirsty axes, not flowers - because that fits into YOUR worldview of what an enemy should be carrying.

People should be able to dress how they like. Any effort to limit that is interfering with THEIR enjoyment of the game.

And as someone else pointed out, your comparison with destroying an entire city is completely baseless.

I'm disappointed that an MVP post appears to be nothing more than a knee-jerk reaction to something you don't personally like.
Reply Quote
11 Dwarf Rogue
f I want to log in as a GM and destroy Stormwind on every realm, then why shouldn't Blizzard let me? Yes, it's a game. I would not enjoy the game if my PvP opponent was a male human in a dress dual-wielding bunches of flowers. In fact, that would make me quit my subscription instantly.

It might be a game, but it's also a multiplayer one. While it may not be perfect, a good rule of thumb is where the actions of one player interfere with the enjoyment which others derive from the game, then those actions are crossing a line that should not be crossed.

You'd "instantly" quit your subscription if your opponent in PvP was wearing a dress and dual-wielding flowers? Is that not a slight overreaction?

Could you explain how a person dual-wielding flowers has a detrimental effect on your "enjoyment of the game"?

Your comment about crossing a line is entirely correct, but you would be the one crossing the line in this scenario. You want to limit the choices of another player's clothing to ones that YOU deem suitable. Who decides when this "line" is crossed?

You seem to believe that your warrior opponent in PvP should only dual-wield huge bloodthirsty axes, not flowers - because that fits into YOUR worldview of what an enemy should be carrying.

People should be able to dress how they like. Any effort to limit that is interfering with THEIR enjoyment of the game.

And as someone else pointed out, your comparison with destroying an entire city is completely baseless.

I'm disappointed that an MVP post appears to be nothing more than a knee-jerk reaction to something you don't personally like.

Not to mention he entirely missed the point of the thread. Flowers weren't demanded, gear was.

And for technical reasons:
Flowers,fish,pans = OFF-HANDS.
Not Axes, maces, swords.
Even if they were transmoggable (and some flowers are FYI), they cannot replace a weapon.
Making the post even more baseless since they just blindly followed the 'NO U' posts without even reading what the OP asked.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
At least then please Blizzard, give horde clothies a chance to get these kind of sandals for transmog as well:

Kurkenstoks
http://www.wowhead.com/item=24112

now horde can only use white gear sandels which (as you know) can't be transmoged.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Okay addressing a point that went missed here both by the Blue and whatever the green text guy is.

THE OP SAID GRAY GEAR.
Gear.
As in, the things you wear. He did NOT say flowers (NO gray flowers btw, only common), off-hands, loincloths (which btw are Uncommon and NOT gray.). He said gear. And i wholeheartedly agree.

Did you know that the ONLY Ironforge guard replica helm available to Alliance in-game is a Gray? Or that the ONLY hot-pink hat in-game is a Gray? Same goes with many, many other items that suit a transmog set. You have a lovely full set, and then one damn piece is a gray and you can't mog it.

No one mentioned fish. No one mentioned flowers. And no one certainly mentioned thongs, even though the most revealing pieces are already transmoggable.

If you did not intend for Whites and Grays to be something desirable, then why are there full outfits of them? Every city or starting zone has a vendor that sells a full-awesome looking- set that you will probably never use unless you're on a RP server. So why not? Why not allow gray gear?

Also note, the gray gear pieces sometimes look better than what you'd wear if you quested in Outland. Much better.

So, if you can allow us to look like clowns if we wanted by doing 3 zones in Outland, why not allow us to look decent with a few grays?

What the Blue said "This." to was probably the most unrelated post ever. No Gray quality *gear* piece is a fun item. Name one if that's the case. You know what I can name? Full sets consisting of entirely Gray items. Tarnished, Frost-rimmed, etc. None of those have fun, they have aesthetics that you can't get anywhere else. And alas, you can't use them. But sure, you can use the bird-bath shoulders from the priest T11.

My two copper for the point being missed

this, this so much.

im also very very dissapointed by a blue and some green poster basically saying 'No, cuz my opinion is that noone should look out of place' when its a game we play to have fun (im sorry, but if u take this game and how other ppl look that seriously, then u need some help mate).
imho, alot of the stuff out there we can mog with looks like utter garbage. im yet to find a shield that i like that fits with T13 paladin gear (atm using the titansteel shield wall, which looks nice and all, but doesnt quite fit tbh...), and tbh most shoulders as others have said look lame at best.
similarly with my monk, the starter panda zone gear you get looks fantastic, and was looking forward to using it for my mog (way better than the other Monk tier gear imho) but cant use it... so ive stashed it in the bank for now and sat there with mismatched leather int loom gear -.-
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
This.

Also remember that we have the following note in our transmogrification rules “a select few of these items will be prevented from being used to transmogrify if they are inappropriate“, so if we were to open this up to grey + white items, I’m sure that this blacklist would have to become much larger and I suspect that would create too many exceptions and become confusing to players.
As always, we’ll let you know if anything changes regarding this though.

Like it's not possible to be able to see wich items are bind on pickup and wich are not... or wich items are allowed and wich are not.
A lot of vendor whites look actually quite nice, elegant. And lot of end-content items actually look silly.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
also, agree that a 'is transmoggable' or 'is not transmoggable' icon/indication would be nice on items so we could see at a glance what is and what isnt usable
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Could we not get Items such as the [item="Blood Elf Bandit Mask" /] for transmog...im needing that to complete my 'Rogue of Silvermoon' set, but the can't transmog it...The only other sutibile mask, it terrokks mask, which is from a quest, which shamefully i deleted..:C
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Just let us transmogrify legendaries.
And don't start with "there will be too many legendary transmogrifies around" crap. You still have to get legendary and sometimes that means farming for months if not years. I farmed my bow for 3 years and then I finally got it. Maybe mobs wasn't hard to kill, but it was RNG that make it cruel. So now please let us have our legendaries useful. If not that, then at least let us choose legendary weapon effects or something. It's pointless to farm anything if we cannot use it then rather than just collecting dust in bank. Also some legendaries have the most beautiful models in game and would be waste to not use them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
lol, kinda off topic... altho ironic isnt it that we ask for legendary transmog, blizz says no cuz they 'want to keep the prestige' ... then make the latest legends stupidly easy to get (easier than what getting epics was back in the day). this thread then asks for greys to be mogged, but blizz says no again, cuz 'they just silly' ...

*head explodes*

but seriously... plz, give us both... alot of ppl would love u for it, myself included <3
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
13/12/2012 21:27Posted by Nummy
Just let us transmogrify legendaries.

Pretty sure they just said recently that they are relaxing the restrictions on Transmogrifications and it's very possible legendaries could be on the list of restrictions going down! I can find the link for you later.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]