What is tMorph and is it bannable?

(Locked)

28 Worgen Druid
Hi guys,
While in northrend my friend whispered me to try tMorph and saying it's great and that saying it makes his character look like anything. Didn't sound safe to me so i searched it and all i see on forums is they could ban you if they wanted to.
It didn't help, i need a definite answer to if blizzard would definitely ban him if they saw him using it.
I know it isn't permitted to ask it on the forums but i'm pretty concerned for him and also if he could've been hacked by the website.
100 Human Death Knight
Yes it's bannable.

*Edit* You're not allowed to edit any files within the game. :p
Edited by Dustlord on 18/12/2012 13:25 GMT
90 Human Rogue
Just looked it up, looks quite cool. It's a .exe that you run, does that count as editing game files?
100 Human Death Knight
18/12/2012 13:28Posted by Saikela
Just looked it up, looks quite cool. It's a .exe that you run, does that count as editing game files?

Yes it does.
Edited by Dustlord on 18/12/2012 13:30 GMT
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The only thing you're allowed to edit is soundfiles afaik.
90 Human Rogue
18/12/2012 13:31Posted by Minali
The only thing you're allowed to edit is soundfiles afaik.

Bummer, looks like something cool that allows you to 'test' your new race before you purchase a 20 euro race change for example. Also, why can we edit sound files but not these?
100 Human Death Knight
18/12/2012 13:35Posted by Saikela
Also, why can we edit sound files but not these?

Because you don't really edit them. You can however create a new folder the same as the directory structure inside the MPQ file, and any audio file put in there will automatically override the default. :p
Edited by Dustlord on 18/12/2012 13:41 GMT
90 Dwarf Warlock
Of course it's not allowed. Blizzard can't make a profit from charging outrageous prices for race/faction changes if we could do it for free.
90 Human Rogue
tMorph is the reason why alot of people don't give a !@#$ about old content running
90 Orc Warrior
18/12/2012 13:42Posted by Ketsu
Of course it's not allowed. Blizzard can't make a profit from charging outrageous prices for race/faction changes if we could do it for free.

True
47 Undead Rogue
I dont think it is bannable (spelling) it doesnt change any files... some livestreamers use it and they are not banned .. this just shows YOU how you are morphed.. and yeah.. NOBODY than you can see it..
100 Human Mage
You would, of course, be a grade A idiot to download and run an EXE file on your computer from an unknown or untrusted source on the internet.
100 Goblin Shaman
It's pretty easy to imagine ways to exploit the game through this kind of program, hence why it's not allowed.
90 Dwarf Warlock
18/12/2012 14:48Posted by Myrrimal
You would, of course, be a grade A idiot to download and run an EXE file on your computer from an unknown or untrusted source on the internet.

/tinfoilhat
90 Pandaren Monk
18/12/2012 14:48Posted by Myrrimal
Considering the place its from id doubt they have the intention to give your computer a virus, but would probably eat a forum ban for linking it.

18/12/2012 13:28Posted by Saikela
Yes it does. The file in question is explained in an easy way explained hacking the game to allow race changing commands to be run.
Edited by Pandalism on 18/12/2012 16:52 GMT
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
97 Draenei Shaman
Any application that modify's the game files is not permitted, including this one. Also as said above, running an .exe that is injecting into the world of warcraft game is not only bannable but also extremely risky in terms of PC/Account Security.
90 Night Elf Warrior
IS it more risky than warden ?
90 Tauren Paladin
is it bannable?

Only if they catch you.

And they don't seem to catch people very often.
Quite a lot of people accidentally saying ".race <insert number here>" or ".morph <insert number here>" on /say in Og/Shrine and they're still alive and kicking.

One would imagine that keeping track of people saying .race and similar stuff on chat would be easy and a smart way to ban folks, but I guess not.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
There is no way for blizz to check something like that i know people who have been using that for years. Or atleast they dont really give a s**t about it.
- CS
87 Pandaren Mage
18/12/2012 18:21Posted by Leblance
There is no way for blizz to check something like that i know people who have been using that for years. Or atleast they dont really give a s**t about it.

Actually it is very easy for Blizzard to check for something which actively injects into the game.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]