Patch 5.5 Introducing the Stock House
The Stock House (TM) is an alternative way to sell your goods. Money Incorporate owned by dwarfes and gnomes setup a brand new experience.
Good sellers and customers can place their orders on the Stock House. Every hour a qualified Stock House Price Master will set a price that will allow most goods to sell.
Sellers: will give their goods to a Stock House employee and will tell them a money range they will sell their goods for.
Buyers: will tell a Stock House employee the amount of good they intend to buy and their price range as well.
So we might have
Seller A: 30 units of Ore at least 15.99 G
Seller B: 20 units of Ore at least 18.00 G
Seller C: 12 units of Ore at least 19.00 G
Buyer A: 10 units of Ore at most 9.00 G
Buyer B: 10 units of Ore at most 16.00 G
Buyer C: 10 units of Ore at most 20.00 G
Buyer D: 10 units of Ore at most 20.00 G
The price gone would set the price to 15.99 and would transact 30 units of ore Between Seller A and Buyer B,C,D.
- buyers demands could be visible
- if there is no match between sellers and buyers and no transaction can take place an average could be displayed and tell players that it was not possible to meet that demand - that could result in the respective parties to change their pricing
- since the bids are not visible there is no undercutting. Only the sell price is visible - and is connected to the most goods sellable
- it could be possible that the Stock house sells goods cross realm for a higher fee - Enabling good overflowing realms to release some goods to good starving realms
(and too many goods lead to lower prices - where a lack of goods leads to devaluation - thus the transaction would even out these disparities)
- Stock house pricing might need to be throttled to only 4 times a day to the lack of goods and the impossibility to make a proper pricing
- putting items on the stock house could be done with some delay - e.g. only takes place in the next and not current pricing
- the amount of time a bit / order has might need to be extended from 48 hours to 7 days - Some wares are too rare or certain offers must wait for desperate people
- current undercutters cannot control the Stock House as easily as they can the Auction house as only the final price is visible - unable to looks for competitors and cancel and repost their wares
- wares cannot be acquired in an instant like the buyout method on the auction house - especially impatient people will want to stick with the auction house