Info for twinks!

70 Night Elf Priest
I have seen a lot of topics asking for help, which class to chose, which level, what gear, if there are any guilds and more. I thought I'd make a thread to try to answer these topics and anything else a twink interested player might wonder. I hope you will find this thread helpful.
Personally I'm a 70 twink as you can see, thus this is the bracket I will focus on, I appreciate tips from people knowledgeable in other brackets, 80s, 19s and 24s for example. I will also include a list of the twink guilds that I know or that writes to me and asks to be included.

If you got questions after reading, add Lebro#2385 on battletag. I'll do my best to answer them.

70 Bracket:

PVE: Every class is stronger now than they were in The Burning Crusade, therefore raids are also easier than before. There is no need to gather the 25 best twinks in the world to down Kil'Jaeden or Illidan. All you need is a nice group that can hold together and follow some tactics.
When it comes to heroics, they will be easy even if you go in Brutal Gladiator gear (Buy full set with offparts for slightly more than 2k honor, I will return to this.) It is only in green gear or blue gear that they will be truly challenging. In my guild, we have a big variety of gear level when it comes to players, we have BiS (Best in Slot) geared players that do 6-7k dps or 30k hp as tank aswell as people with green gear struggling with 2k. With this mix we have downed all raids and heroics.
As raids are so much easier, we sometimes do so called challenge runs. That means that we unequip 50% of our gear and try like that, making it quite hard in some cases. Another way of making it a challenge is doing timed runs, splitting the participants in two groups and see which group is the faster. All classes are viable in pve.

Wotlk Raids:
The exception here is WotLK raids, (70s can enter if a 80+ enters before them.)
For dps:
In these raids spell damage simply isn't viable. Regardless of how much you gem for hitting your chance will be too low. I was forced to level up a hunter in order to do icc with my guild. What you need here as dps is, as mentioned, preferably hunters as they are the best but otherwise a rogue will cut it without losing too much dps. The expertise/hit cap to aim for is 22.5% of each, gem full expertise/hit and get the trinket from Mgt hc. You can however perform decently even if you are fully agility gemmed, at least as hunter.
For tanks:
Stamspam is the way to go! Warrior tanks does quite a lot of dps and is the best choice because of that. No different from 70 raiding except that avoidance matters less.
For healers:
Just like 70 but it's DAMN hard as far as I know.
Look up Ante Amanthes videos on youtube if you want to see some boss fights in ICC or ToC, 8/12 downed at the moment. There is a small guild named Legacy focusing purely on wotlk raids who've downed 10 bosses but I can't seem to find them on youtube.

PVP: The bracket is fairly well balanced, I would say every single class got at least one fully viable specc, in my 1500 bgs I've seen almost every single class/specc top the bg scoreboard, healers in healing and dps in dps of course. The only exception is fury warrior which is just terribly, terribly bad. At first some classes might seem terribly op but I'd say it's more about that they are very easy to play, shadow priest, prot paladin, prot warrior and rogue are the most common examples. I can tell you however that there are very few classes/speccs that have never beaten me in a duel, and none that I've never beaten.

What gear and gems should you use then? Resilience has been nerfed so stamina is the way to go for pvp healers nowadays. You should still use brutal gladiator gear as long as it got the maximal amounts of sockets possible. Spots where brutal is never BiS are the legs, cloaks and weapons from Sunwell, regardless of class. All because of more gem slots. Statswise gloves from sunwell gives 2 more sockets aswell, sometimes Brutal gloves gives a good bonus however, lower cost for an ability or so. Personally I still prefer Sunwell gear here but it depends on the class.
For dps: Go for your main damage stat, (agi, str, int) fully or mainly. Some like to go with some stamina aswell, among hunters stamina is pretty much a must in order not to get slaughtered quickly, a bit the same for warlocks. Most classes uses more damage stat gems than stamina however
For tanks (fc) Obviously stamina.
Edited by Shizana on 26/09/2013 22:34 BST
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Priest
Classes:

Death knight: The key to success here is death siphon, ability that costs 1 death rune, hurts a lot and heals you for 50% more than it hurts. Another important and op ability is blood boil. I believe all speccs are viable for Death knights but currently unholy seems to be the way to go. Personally I like frost the best but I'm far from a dk pro and only do some bgs for fun on my dk. Just make sure you pick death siphon from talent tree and you are good to go! Also get the glyph that makes icy touch dispell a magic effect from your enemy target. Dk isn't the easiest class to do well with but it can beat almost anyone in a duel and perform well anywhere. I got a very good Death knight in my guild called Dannyraise, look him up for the way to go with gear and talents, he probably got the best. A well played dk does THE most dmg in bgs, no doubt.

Druid: Here we have to split the guide into different speccs as they got so many, too many if you ask me.
Balance - Best damage caster at the moment, good selfheals aswell. Only weakness is that you lack a shield as druid so stay alert and be prepared for some quick healing, the talents of choice differs, I've seen different good druids going for completely different abilities.
Feral - Feral is cat dps, it doesn't do any super damage in general but can sometimes surprise you with a 16k ferocious bite, it also got some good selfheals. Fully viable specc!
Guardian - bear tank. Only useful as flag carrier or for defending a base.
Resto - Good healer but not the hardest to kill according to me. Spam stamina gems. They can spread their healing to the entire team, an all ok healer.

Hunter: An awesome dps, what the hunter lacks in survivability (a lot) it almost makes up for in nuke. Specc survival! The aoe damage if you spam multi shot is ridiculous due to "Serpent spread". That means that any target hit by your multi shot will also get serpent sting applied to them. Serpent sting is op like hell and it also does a part of its dot damage instantly. It's so op that it's better to spam serpent sting than arcane shot while solo target dpsing :) Just remember to gem stam if you don't wanna be everyones n1 prey, you'll do great damage anyway.

Mage: Reqs skill to play nowadays. I've seen a fire mage friend of mine do all ok in duels and good in bgs but they are hard, not a class for the faceroller but strong if the player behind is strong. Frost should be the best specc but I hear a lot of mages say fire is funnier. Don't think anyone plays arcane, probably because it's bad.

Monk: Windwalker is all ok, no star dps but not really bad either. Mistweaver are quite good healers, their real strength is an undispellable 45k absorb shield. Before resi nerf they were weak as they couldn't get brutal gear, now they are on more even terms as brutal gear isn't that much better than sunwell for healers.
Brewmaster: If I've met one, I didn't notice, no idea about them sadly.

Paladin: Prot: is very easy to do well with and very good, it's better than ret in every way as far as I know. Go with some stamina and you're tough to kill with a healer. Prot - disc is probably the best arena team currently.
Holy: The easiest healer to kill if you ask me, can still do well despite that of course, they got their bubble after all :D

Priest: Wee, my favorite class.
Disc: The heal specc to go with in pvp, I believe this is still the strongest healer, holy is weaker. Just like all other healers you should gem stamina. It's not impossible to solo you but don't count on many people managing.
Shadow: A good all around hybrid, not the strongest caster when it comes to pure dps anymore however. Excellent as offhealer in bg. If you do it right you'll have healing done at about 50% of your damage done or more, a great help for your team aswell as a good killer. I like to go with full dps stats here because of the defensive cds a priest got, dispersion, bubble, fear and silence for example. If I'm caught without any of these some extra hp wont matter that much most likely. Some extra damage might be the little thing that makes that healer die instead of healing to full at 5% of hp. For arenas it's a different story but I'd advice you to get my gear and specc for bgs at least.

Rogue : Now again very strong, especially in duels. You can kill any low hp player without problems and will do well in most fights. Just don't get caught without a defensive cd to help you get out of trouble, if you can't avoid incoming damage you will die. Just make sure your gear is good, otherwise you pretty much suck as you rely 100% on your nuke.

Shaman:
Resto: Tough kill, good at interrupting casters. Fairly good among healers.
Elemental: Good damage, requires some skill in order to avoid getting chain interrupted and slaughtered however. A fully viable specc. (Yeah, I like the "fully viable" sentence because it's a fully viable sentence and that's why I use it a lot!)
Enhancement: Not that strong, seen a few around in bgs. If you gem some hp you will be ok but you'll never be the star of the bg.
Warlock - If in a group a warlock can be good for dotting everyone and everything up, they got decent damage aswell and played well they can put up a good fight vs almost anything. Still one of the weaker casters. A worse Shadowpriest one could say. I have seen warlocks do very well but most don't.

Warrior:
Prot: Shield slam spam, epic damage. Otherwise quite bad. Shield slam damage is so op that it's still a good specc however.
Arms: Now, in 5.4, buffed to a good bg specc. I play casually on my warrior and can compete with most people, especially if a healer backs me up. Usually top 20% of bg dmg done and I doubt I play it extremely good.
Fury: Beat me in a duel with one of these and I give you 500g! Worst specc in game at the moment and has been for quite long. If you are some kind of 2.5k legit rated 90 you could try it and see if you could get more kills than deaths :)
Edited by Shizana on 26/09/2013 22:47 BST
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Priest
Other info: Brutal Gladiator gear is buyable for slightly over 2k honor, this includes every part, set aswell as weapons and offset. If you want to get the very best gear however, go Sunwell. The weapons there are stronger and most important, there are more SOCKET SLOTS. As you can use 80 epic gems in 70 sockets are important. It is actually fairly common for rogues to get a Karazhan dagger for offhand as it got 3 sockets. For 2h sword users the best wep is from Sunwell, Kil'Jaeden the last boss. All classes should also get their legs from Sunwell because of the 3 sockets sunwell legs gives. Rogues, warriors and monks might be interested in warglaives from Illidan aswell. Not only for the look but for the haste proc bonus if you got both glaives equipped. Most goes with other items however. When it comes to levels, it is possible to be 71-74 in the bracket but frowned upon by most people. Stronger in every way sadly.

Info above might not be correct as gems are nerfed by 50% now (5.4) for 70s when not in bgs. If you do bgs, facts above are correct. Arenas and pve, not so sure.

80-84:
This is the bracket where you will be most OP pvewise,
80s can get 409 ilvl items for most slots and 309 for the others. 409 is gear equal to the best 85 gear in Cataclysm, 309 is better than any Wotlk available. In BGs I assume it balances out, possibly it's more damage dealt as the 309-409 items havn't got resi. Highest resilience item is around 270 ilvl.
84s got more hp than 80s, much more and can get gear up to 450 ilvl however gear scales much better in 80 so I believe 80s might actually be stronger.
http://www.wowhead.com/items=4?filter=qu=3;minle=409;minrl=80;maxrl=84
http://www.wowhead.com/items=2?filter=qu=3;minle=409;minrl=80;maxrl=84
links for all the 409 things available. For more info, read post 10 on page two by Dinkywag, someone who seems knowledgeable in the 80-84s.

20-24: Very quick queues and easy to level up to, heirlooms are very useful. Probably the easiest bracket to twink in even if some items are rare drops that costs a lot of gold on ah. Quite popular.

85-89 don't know much about it but think it's all ok.

60 bracket - Really reqs work to gear your character, even if it's more gold than work now with bmah. A lot of really dedicated twinks but still too few sadly.

Thanks for reading and feel free to ask questions, aswell as give criticism. Just please, stay away from non constructive negative feedback. Spending x hours writing and getting the comment "omg noob" is not fun and it can get you suspended, look up posting rules if you don't believe me.

Guilds, look post below! Feel free to give tips of guilds I can add to the list with some info of their level and what they do.
Edited by Shizana on 26/09/2013 22:50 BST
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Priest
Guilds:

Ante Amanthe - Argent Dawn: Alliance 70 twink guild, all raids downed and guild events many times a week. Contact Shizana, Zitalin or Shinela in game if you want to join. Being 70 or leveling to 70 and behaving well is reqs. Guild also do "challenge mode" raids, meaning that we go with 50% of gear of aswell as speedruns where we try to clear the dungeon/raid as fast as possible, sometimes in two competing groups aswell as MoP elites. http://anteamanthe.guildlaunch.com/
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6169577281? For more info about events and raids.

Born To Survive - Stormscale: Horde guild that is often seen in BGS. Borò is the GM.

Dat Eightyfives Guild - Outland: Alliance twink guild, I do not believe I need to write which level these 85s are twinking at (ops I did it anyway). Talk to Fatál who wrote their recruitment poster.

Deck me out - The Sha'tar: Alliance 60 twink guild, talk with Litlebunny. (Even if it's a gnome.)

Gallium Lore - Ragnaros: Alliance 70 and 80 twink guild, contact Excpl for more info.

TbaggerZ - Darkspear: Horde 20-24 twink guild. Contact GM on Karlski@hotmail.com or whisper an officer ingame.

U MIRIN BRAH - Frostmane: Alliance 70 twink guild, GM is Barracks.

Appreciate info about more guilds!

Obs: This info might be a bit outdated, I suggest you try looking around on forums aswell, guilds come and go. Ante Amanthe is still going and there are a lot of pvp twinks on Stormscale even if I'm not sure about the guild anymore.
Edited by Shizana on 09/11/2013 12:43 GMT
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Priest
Reserved for if more info is needed.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Priest
Reserved for if more info is needed.
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
thanks for that, very good guide :)
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
A great guide made by a great player. New twinks should definately bookmark this tread, so you always can check it later for more updates.
(I will definately add this link to our guild-forum, Shizana)
Edited by Zitalin on 02/01/2013 21:03 GMT
Reply Quote
75 Worgen Hunter
Very nice guide indeed. Have requested a sticky. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Very nice guide man!

+1
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Warrior
Makes me wanna twink again but I know ill get bored within a month >.<
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
k..
Edited by Nodoka on 02/01/2013 05:57 GMT
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
Aw Nodoka stop being a douche!
Reply Quote
60 Human Warlock
Makes me wanna twink again but I know ill get bored within a month >.<

only if you gear up by getting pugged, I earned all this toon's gear with DKP (except for the blue trinket) and I'm still far from BiS so I can't wait for the next AQ run :)
Reply Quote
Community
Some great info here, I'll get this stickied in the relevant forums :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
banana
Edited by Nodoka on 03/01/2013 13:50 GMT
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
02/01/2013 15:49Posted by Nodoka
Pugging dosnt make it boring to be honest, might for some.

I would understand why those who fully focus on PvP would do it, since most exp-locked PvPers have BiS for their level.
When it comes to those who focus on PvE (like myself - on this toon), then i do not see the point in getting boosted to BiS, as it removes the joy when getting items you've been trying to get for a while. Also, why make already-nerfed old content raids easier by being BiS when starting out with the easiest raids in that content.
I highly recommend my guild members not to pug, and i also think other twinks out there should do it the "legit" way - atleast for the experience.
Edited by Zitalin on 02/01/2013 16:11 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Shizana likes turtles
Edited by Nodoka on 03/01/2013 13:50 GMT
Reply Quote
60 Human Warlock
well my case is a bit special

But theres still hella lot to do, bgs, arena, achievements, etc etc.

you gotta understand that the 60-64 bracket has no arenas and BGs don't pop anymore because the 64s destroyed the fun so all I got left are raids, if i get pugged in these were is the fun? Duels in front of the BMAH?
plus I'm more of a PvE'er, it's in no way a reproach to those who pug i just say that it makes gearing up so much more satisfying in the end =D
Reply Quote
70 Night Elf Rogue
Yup. Shizana definately like turtles.
Edited by Zitalin on 03/01/2013 13:53 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]