Heirloom cost !

90 Orc Shaman
Now when we are getting alot less JP from Dungeons i se no reason to have theese rediculous high prices on the Heirlooms...! it takes ages to gather them
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Yep, I'm not sure who overlooks these hugely important parts of the game, but they do...the second I saw JP from bosses, I knew it'd become troublesome to gather heirlooms and old vendor gear for mogging on my alts this expansion. It feels like a massive grind of piss-boring dungeons for no reward at all, it's actually faster to do PVP and convert, which is ludacris.

They need to double the amount of JP (at least) from bosses, and perhaps make it possible to send JP between toons. I have 4k JP on this toon just sitting there, which could be put to much better use on my alts.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid
I would've said it's no problem, but I've only recently noticed how my JPs are barely gathering up. They need to be high priced, obviously, especially when they've not even made up for the inflation during Cataclysm. Personally I'm just PvPing and getting Restoration gear, so then I can get bigger bucks, to buy more looms. I'm glad I purchased most of them in the previous expansion while inflation was still around, and the looms were seen as cheap.

At least now they're actually worth something, rather than a well-needed boot up the rear for people having no clue about their new alts.
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Priest
Nah I think they are fine, as you only need to buy heirlooms once ever, and can use it on all the characters you will make.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
While it's not going to fix the JPs issue (only Blizzard can do it, after all), I think that, for now, decent alternative way to obtain heirlooms is Argent Tournament - sure, it takes time to get to Crusader and it's even more dailies to do, but at least they are easily soloable at 90 (formerly group ones, too, and jousting mounts scale with gear past WotLK item levels, I believe), and gets you quite an amount of seals by the time you get there - I think I had a bit over 200 when I have finally achieved it, and managed to buy three heirlooms for it - two armor pieces (chest and shoulders, 60 seals each) and two handed weapon (95 seals).

I have then left the place and never looked back, I admit. :P
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Well mate if you bought Plate looms its kinda hard ro use on a mage etc.. so ur point is meaningless.

the reason why i want this changed is because i got alot ot other heirlooms but none for the one i wanna class i want 2 level. this is the problem

eather increas JP drop or let us trade looms for other looms
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
Oh, I very much agree with you - however, until people at Blizzard decide to change it (if they do so at all), we have to work with what we have, hence the suggested alternative way to get them.

If you'd need even more heirlooms - if I remember my calculations right, after achieving the Crusader title, obtaining 95 seals (the price of most expensive heirlooms, like two handed weapons), takes about a week of dailies, without doing the ToC HC 5 man (since the jousting part is impossible to solo, and nobody wants to run it anymore), without having to rely on other players, groups which can wipe, and such. (if you can afford it, buying 310% flying skill can be handy, as there's some flying around to do - but it's perfectly doable with 280%, or even 150%, though will of course take more time)
Edited by Blaithe on 18/12/2012 13:30 GMT
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid
In two weeks, the Darkmoon Faire is coming round. I'd suggest an alternative similar to Blaithe's (that's a good one, I might consider it), and do the dailies at Darkmoon. Even if you don't get it in the first month, at least you have little chance of spending your tickets on anything else. I might go for the Darkmoon Dancing Bear, myself, but more looms would be vastly appreciated.

Look for alternatives in the meantime, because this system is being looked into for 5.2. That doesn't mean it'll be certain, so I don't want to see threads about "Blizz PROMISED to change the JP system to make it easier to get LOOMS". Plus, how they change it is unknown to the playerbase.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Mage
18/12/2012 12:07Posted by Minya
Nah I think they are fine, as you only need to buy heirlooms once ever, and can use it on all the characters you will make.

If only this were true, I can't use them on alts I want to make (on a different realm). I am at maximum capacity at my home realm but I want to branch out to a different realm , an leveling without heirlooms is a no-go for me.
Reply Quote
55 Night Elf Druid
I collected my JP's from converting PvP honor points. It just seemed like a quicker way to collect them for some reason.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I think they should change it so they can be bought with gold and the required guild rep.
Reply Quote
Community
18/12/2012 16:02Posted by Tamika
I collected my JP's from converting PvP honor points. It just seemed like a quicker way to collect them for some reason.

Yup, that's one way to do it. We're also having excess Valor Points (over the weekly cap) turn into Justice Points in 5.2, which will also help. We would've liked this for 5.1 but it didn't quite make it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I think more people need to realise that heirlooms are a luxury rather than a necessity. I mean, if someone is truly devoted to the idea of creating yet another character then they might as well just grin and bear it. It's not particularly difficult at this point in time, even without heirlooms.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
19/12/2012 18:12Posted by Calthric
I think more people need to realise that heirlooms are a luxury rather than a necessity. I mean, if someone is truly devoted to the idea of creating yet another character then they might as well just grin and bear it. It's not particularly difficult at this point in time, even without heirlooms.

You are right, it is not difficult to level, but I do kind of understand that for people who have played for years and seen it and done it all a dozen or more times before, even with all the nerfed XP, it can be a bit of a chore.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
19/12/2012 17:50Posted by Takralus
Yup, that's one way to do it. We're also having excess Valor Points (over the weekly cap) turn into Justice Points in 5.2, which will also help. We would've liked this for 5.1 but it didn't quite make it.

In all due respect Takralus, why must we PvP to earn Justice Points? Our PvE gear doesn't help the PvP group at all, we die pretty quick with no resilience and no PvP Power. Get PvP gear? Why would I do that when I prefer to PvE?

The lack of Justice Points is rather annoying. There are battle stones for pets to buy costing 1000 JP, there are certain gear upgrades to buy, and more importantly, existing blue gear that needs upgrading which is only done through, yeah you guessed it, the dwindling supply of Justice Points.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Instead of complaining that you can't gain enough JP, why not actually make something to spend it on? Its the most useless currency currently available, honor is almost as worse but at least you can buy some mounts with it.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Hunter
19/12/2012 19:10Posted by Iavana
In all due respect Takralus, why must we PvP to earn Justice Points? Our PvE gear doesn't help the PvP group at all, we die pretty quick with no resilience and no PvP Power. Get PvP gear? Why would I do that when I prefer to PvE?

Would have to agree.

There are battle stones for pets to buy costing 1000 JP

I wouldnt bother with these though, the epic ones seem to drop fairly regulary from battling the master guys.
Reply Quote
Community

There's no must about it :) I was just highlighting an alternative suggestion someone made to get more JP. There are a few ways to go about getting heirlooms, no one is being forced to do anything in particular.

From a strictly personal point of view, when I decide to level a new character and I'd like a new heirloom or two, that becomes my new goal, and I will do whatever I can to get there. I've been known to craft myself a PvP set and get slaughtered in battlegrounds for a while to reach my goal, but I don't mind. It's a refreshing change of scenery after levelling, doing heroics, dailies and LFR for a while, and it's helping me get those valuable points towards my shiny heirloom. I even ended up enjoying PvP a bit once I got the hang of it :P
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Wow, you people sure love to make things more complicated than they need to be...cross-realm heirlooms won't work, but I can ride my mounts and have the same pet summoned across 2 accounts at the same time.

JP earnings are T.O.O L.O.W, but you will make the extra earnings come from a place many people rarely visit...the Valor Point capped room.

I'm getting annoyed by how pure and simple LOGIC is being ignored, and weird solutions making people feel annoyed or even frustrated are being planned instead...

Double the JP earned from dungeons, reduce the cost on some JP items from vendors (anything pre-Cata for example, INCLUDING heirlooms) and don't friggin' make it so that pve-players would get JP faster from doing PVP...

Me? I want old JP sets on my alts, but as much as I love playing this game I will NOT be capping VP on my main, then cap it on my alts in order to get JP for them in the fastest way...don't you see how much frustration you are building with making it this way?

Appearantly not...most alt-unfriendly expansion ever I'd say. Weird feeling to get punished for wanting to play the game in many different ways eh?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]