Heirloom cost !

90 Night Elf Rogue
There's no must about it :) I was just highlighting an alternative suggestion someone made to get more JP.

Why is it that lvl 85s can earn more JP per hour than a 90 can? The 85 heroics still grant excellent rewards when doing them as 85s. Isn't this somewhat wrong? Should not increasing your level give you an advantage rather than a disadvantage?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
19/12/2012 17:50Posted by Takralus
Yup, that's one way to do it. We're also having excess Valor Points (over the weekly cap) turn into Justice Points in 5.2, which will also help. We would've liked this for 5.1 but it didn't quite make it.

To be fair.. who would really like to turn their valor (limited supply per week) into justice (unlimited supply per week) when we have item upgrade system? I thought that this is a system that is designed as a "valor dump" (unless it won't work in 5.2 which would be really disappointing).

As for straight JP and heirloom cost.. Ye it's a bit tedious to grind those.. But to be fair JP is so useless that if you have max lv char - you already should be capped on those which is 1-2 pieces already. And only a bit of heirlooms are bought with JPs (especially weapons are). A week grind should be enough to get weapon + chest + shoulder, rest can be bought with gold and that's more than enough to level a char.
Though a cost reduction or an earn rate increase so that lv 90 would earn as much as lv 85 would be realy nice.
Edited by Demo on 20/12/2012 12:38 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Yep JP is worthless, add some more items to spend it on instead.
Reply Quote
Community
20/12/2012 12:14Posted by Aneyi
Why is it that lvl 85s can earn more JP per hour than a 90 can? The 85 heroics still grant excellent rewards when doing them as 85s. Isn't this somewhat wrong? Should not increasing your level give you an advantage rather than a disadvantage?

Looking at the gear you can get for Justice Points, and knowing that people can hop into heroics at level 90 which rewards better gear than JPs are exchanged for, it makes sense that you don't get or need heaps of JPs once you're level 90.

Having said that, we've acknowledged that parts of the JP system wasn't ideal at the start of MoP. The JP gear would be more useful pre-90, while some people at level cap have mentioned they were sometimes finding JPs stacking up with nothing to spend them on. We'll make tweaks along the way to improve things as needed, based on feedback and monitoring of course. Converting excess VP to JP in 5.2 for those of you who need the points is a nice start.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I liked it better when we got Justice points faster, I for one like certain looks I have set up looking at all the gear and gear combos possible through icy veins and wowhead item comparison viewer (and am sometimes afraid of getting too late because I then fear they may be removed from the game by the time I am able to get them which in turn would ruin any point of continuing), I am very particular about looks.

Now I have been busy via battlegrounds and quite honestly it is too slow, lose 375 honor for only 250 justice points makes me have to do a lot of bg's to get some gear I need for the look I want, longer because for some reason I 8 out of 10 times end up in losing bg's.
Unlike you however I do not come to like pvp as for some reason I just do not get good at it at all and usually am killed in a matter of 2 seconds making me feel everything is pointless which in turn makes me feel a lot of frustration.
I just really do not like it.

Valor, well, I have nothing at endgame yet, plus that that stuff is needed for better gear and you only get a bit of valort from what I understand.
Reply Quote
I prefer the other solution.. just drop the prices.

Heirlooms are an important part of the game. They make it more attractive to start alts. Getting an alt to 90 without heirlooms is not attractive to most of the players out there. I certainly wouldn't do it. So why make heirlooms so time consuming to acquire? Right now you probably have players running around in heirloom gear that isn't even meant for their class (one of my alts included!) because the idea of getting enough tokens for the gear that's meant for the class they're considering playing is just too much of a grind. And sometimes you don't find out your alt is a character you want to push past level 20 until you play it. Even less reason to invest lots of time in getting heirlooms.

Heirlooms should be a fun way of saying "Congratulations for getting max level. Now go start some alts and enjoy a boost in XP". Right now they're just an over priced luxury.

Heres another idea.. only have one head piece, one main hand, one chest piece etc.. and have the stats adjust to the class you're playing. So once you acquire one set of heirloom gear, you're good to go on any alt you decide to start.
Edited by Collected on 20/12/2012 15:01 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
[quote="61601133392"]
Having said that, we've acknowledged that parts of the JP system wasn't ideal at the start of MoP. The JP gear would be more useful pre-90, while some people at level cap have mentioned they were sometimes finding JPs stacking up with nothing to spend them on. We'll make tweaks along the way to improve things as needed, based on feedback and monitoring of course. Converting excess VP to JP in 5.2 for those of you who need the points is a nice start.

How about coverting JP to VP? like 1k JP turn into 100 VP?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Takralus running for president?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The system is completely fine now. Stop saying it takes too long. Now we have stuff to keep us occupied, and busy :-)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
20/12/2012 12:54Posted by Takralus
Looking at the gear you can get for Justice Points, and knowing that people can hop into heroics at level 90 which rewards better gear than JPs are exchanged for, it makes sense that you don't get or need heaps of JPs once you're level 90.

I was referring to the ability to obtain heirloom gear. Not gear for your level. Why should a lvl 85 have an advantage over a lvl 90 when it comes obtaining heirloom gear? Doesn't make much sense to me. I get more JP doing one random heroic on my 85 warrior than I get doing 3 dungeons @ 90. Had hell grinding jp for a chest heirloom for my shaman am gonna level now.
Edited by Aneyi on 20/12/2012 16:35 GMT
Reply Quote
It is not fine when player can get Valor Points easier, faster and even as solo with dailies.

It is just ludicrous to accept that player can get VP as solo through dailies, yet for Justice Points which is "lower currency" can only be gained in "group content" either with Scenarios or 5m heroics!

Every daily which gives 5 Valor Points SHOULD also give 10 Justice Points!
Reply Quote

Sure, then why are rare upgrades of 462 ilevel so costly in terms of Justice Points anyway?

Player at lvl. 90 need to down 43 bosses just to upgrade 1, one, ONE item of rare quality. If I take that instance have 4 bosses player needs to complete 11 of them.

Unless player still need to gear up to 456/462 rares this slow accumulation of JP become very quickly quite tiresome and actually forces player to mindless grind them.

At the other hand I very much doubt it that player actually would "farm" heroics when he finaly reached 460 limit for LFR, where he will still feel mindless grind for LFR epics with that stupid RNG of personal loot system, where he will be constantly bombarded with the same piece of purple for weeks / months.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I do a crapload of BG's, convert HP to JP and voila...Heirlooms acquired
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
20/12/2012 23:08Posted by Kuurzon
I do a crapload of BG's, convert HP to JP and voila...Heirlooms acquired

Makes sense to do PvP for a PvE currency.. Not.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
Spend gold on dark moon fair quests and buy tbem there
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
yeah but im getting gear for my alts that i mainly PvE....so it makes sense for me...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
20/12/2012 12:54Posted by Takralus

Hypothetically speaking: Ok what if we are pretty much stuck at LFR level trying to move into normal MSV but are really out of luck for epics and need to upgrade our dungeon blues.

I have no problem with the price being 1,500, but 42( w/ bonus) per boss seems a bit extreme. Can't you at least make it so that it can be done in two steps like VP ones, with each step costing 300 JP or double the JP earned from doing heroics and reward the player with JP for doing content.

There was a resource glut in the beginning of MoP due to JP blindless grinded from heroics bought gear that was weaker from heroics drops giving us almost no incentive to spend it in short notice. However, the item upgrade option introduced is a game-changer regarding what we can do with JP. However, the acquicisition rate should not be this steep.

Finally, with a minimum of 2 hours of play doing the content of same-type I would like to feel having accomplished something, be it a considerably big step towards something greater or a smaller item upgrade.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I have to agree with what has been said regarding upgrading via Justic Points. This is my alt character which I enjoy playing but I do not really have time to do dailies on both her and my main so I tend to ignore them on this character. This means getting to the 470 ilvl required to get to the next tier of raiding is rather difficult especially considering the epic grind that is getting justice points.

If you could use justice points to upgrade item to effectively ignore reputation on alternative characters in order to get into all tiers of raiding it might prevent some whinging. I personally don't mind the LFR system or the random personal roles all I do mind is that I'm missing out on 3 raids at the moment because they are not accessible without MSV gear, reputation gear or upgraded heroic gear. And with 165 odd heroic bosses to kill just to upgrade blue gear that is quite a feet of grinding.

One of my main annoyances with the community in WoW nowadays is that everyone expects everything easy. Obviously players that didn't have to spend ages just to grind the mats for 1(!) flask in vanilla just expect everything given to them. But JP upgrades are a clear stepping stone, not the end of gear progression on an alternative character (which I'd see as LFR gear because I don't raid anymore) and therefore should not need such epic grinding.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Wow, you people sure love to make things more complicated than they need to be...cross-realm heirlooms won't work, but I can ride my mounts and have the same pet summoned across 2 accounts at the same time.JP earnings are T.O.O L.O.W, but you will make the extra earnings come from a place many people rarely visit...the Valor Point capped room. I'm getting annoyed by how pure and simple LOGIC is being ignored, and weird solutions making people feel annoyed or even frustrated are being planned instead...Double the JP earned from dungeons, reduce the cost on some JP items from vendors (anything pre-Cata for example, INCLUDING heirlooms) and don't friggin' make it so that pve-players would get JP faster from doing PVP...Me? I want old JP sets on my alts, but as much as I love playing this game I will NOT be capping VP on my main, then cap it on my alts in order to get JP for them in the fastest way...don't you see how much frustration you are building with making it this way? Appearantly not...most alt-unfriendly expansion ever I'd say. Weird feeling to get punished for wanting to play the game in many different ways eh?

Well said but what do you expect from blues posting its not like they take any notice .In there view the game is perfect and if we dont like it stop playing thats how they come across.The "we are right ,you are wrong " complex.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
I collected my JP's from converting PvP honor points. It just seemed like a quicker way to collect them for some reason.

Yup, that's one way to do it. We're also having excess Valor Points (over the weekly cap) turn into Justice Points in 5.2, which will also help. We would've liked this for 5.1 but it didn't quite make it.

Ah great was wondering what i should do when i finally reach my VP cap, about that VP cap since cost on high end gear (purchase and upgrades) are so high atm how about making us LFR\LFG peeps able to increase the cap on VP's ?

Cross-Realm Looms are actually easier than you might think, its just how you go about making the solution. For example it is registerd what Looms you have since there account bound. So lets look at it a diff way, change the vendor to reflect what you own already and drop the cost of looms down to 0 once you already have bought that loom on another character. This already solves the problem to start with, but if you are worried about the amount of looms than being spread you can always do the following to prevent that. Simply make a warning mssg when buying looms on a second realm, saying "Once you buy this item, it will be removed from you other character to even out the number of bought items on your account". And there you go a Cross-Realm Loom Void vendor if you will ;)

This would have to mean any doubles across accounts would have to be refunded to players, or at least saved so they wont lose them. And would also have to go with a few rules to prevent bugs\sploits most likely, like having to have the loom in you bag and not on your characters item slots etc.
Edited by Bufudk on 24/12/2012 16:13 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]