Please fix LFR lootsystem

90 Human Death Knight
There need to be some changes in the LFR system. I get loot i cant use and right now i have 12 sigils of power. Please make the system a little bit more "intelligent" so we avoid these screw-ups and more people can get gear! :)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
19/12/2012 13:05Posted by Acelius
I get loot i cant use

What do you mean?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Let me re-phrase that, i get loot that would not make sense to equip due to my current gear being better :P i would like a somewhat intelligent lootsystem that ensures that more people are more likely to get gear they can use.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
I prefered the need before greed system, at least if I won something it was useful to me...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
ok.. so in the old system, or any other system

a boss drops loot, you get it

a week later the boss drops the same loot (happens a lot, and is pure RNG
back in the old system you didn't whine about that, and now you do, even though it's exactly the same?

also: why run instances that don't give you upgrades anymore? stop crying about having better gear than what loot drops..

once you are almost fully geared, the chance of getting that 1 item just is smaller.. accept that and move on instead of trolling..
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
stop crying about having better gear than what loot drops..

This is why they should make an intelligent system that would avoid loot being assigned to people who dont need it.

And i run LFR for the valor. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
if been getting like 7 leggings from 3e boss in guards of mogu'san

Never a shield or a ring.

Don't mind that ring dont drop.

But the shield is the only shield ingame for me..............

And i don't like being held by a carrot to keep playing game so canceling my acount as soon it expires next year if dont get shield drop next week.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Im now at 13 sigils of power...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
19/12/2012 13:43Posted by Acelius
Im now at 13 sigils of power...

Good for you. I still have 12 extras after getting my sha gem.

Random loot is random, get used to it. (you should be used to it by now) and if you are running LFR for VP, what's the problem?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I do agree the loot system could be better.

Sure, in the old system the same loot might drop 3 weeks in a row, but not everybody in the raid would have it so *somebody* would get an item they could actually use.

In the new system a lot more items get vendored because the person who got it already has better, while other players in the same raid might have been very happy with the item.

In the end this means it will take longer to gear up than with the old system as more drops get "wasted" than before.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I do agree the loot system could be better.

Sure, in the old system the same loot might drop 3 weeks in a row, but not everybody in the raid would have it so *somebody* would get an item they could actually use.

In the new system a lot more items get vendored because the person who got it already has better, while other players in the same raid might have been very happy with the item.

In the end this means it will take longer to gear up than with the old system as more drops get "wasted" than before.

Actually it won't make a difference.

Under the old system, a boss would drop 4 or 5 items that would be split among 25 people. With the current system, everyone has an individual chance for loot which means that 3 shamans and 4 paladins may very well each get that shield they need.
It is also mathematically possible that all 25 people in the raid get an item from one boss and that the next boss has no loot for anyone.
Edited by Deece on 19/12/2012 14:47 GMT
Reply Quote
Community

Under the old system, a boss would drop 4 or 5 items that would be split among 25 people. With the current system, everyone has an individual chance for loot which means that 3 shamans and 4 paladins may very well each get that shield they need.
It is also mathematically possible that all 25 people in the raid get an item from one boss and that the next boss has no loot for anyone.

Exactly this.

With the old system, you not only had to hope that the item you needed dropped in the first place, you also had to roll against many people to get it. We were hearing a lot of feedback that the need/greed system was being used incorrectly by people that didn't actually need items, but pressed Need anyway. This new system takes that factor out of the equation completely.

Yes, it does mean that you will occasionally get an item you already have—think of this as winning something that no one needed with a Greed roll—but it also means you'll never lose an item you need to someone who doesn't need it, as happened previously.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

Exactly this.

With the old system, you not only had to hope that the item you needed dropped in the first place, you also had to roll against many people to get it. We were hearing a lot of feedback that the need/greed system was being used incorrectly by people that didn't actually need items, but pressed Need anyway. This new system takes that factor out of the equation completely.

Yes, it does mean that you will occasionally get an item you already have—think of this as winning something that no one needed with a Greed roll—but it also means you'll never lose an item you need to someone who doesn't need it, as happened previously.

I really love the new loot system but if I could change something I would give the opportunity to trade an item useless for me to someone who unfortunately did not win anything. Obviously, a player who is not already locked with the boss killed. Players may receive only one item per boss if they are not locked

The old loot system made this a dangerous practice, since many players brought their friends and guildies, who did not need anything, just to have extra roll at the expense of other members of the raid.

Sorry if I wrote something wrong, I'm not very good at english :P
Reply Quote
I do wish people would stop complaining about what is in fact a vastly improved system.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
20/12/2012 04:20Posted by Panamat
I do wish people would stop complaining about what is in fact a vastly improved system.

Agreed. In the old system I can remember weeks of going through the bosses and not getting a drop, or being beaten on a roll by someone who had better gear/was needing for an offspec. Or winning an item and have half the raid beg me in whispers for it. Or having people begging through whispers to need on a item for them to trade. Or people holding the raid to ransom over needing an item they don't need to trade for an item they do need. etc. etc. etc.

Now you get an item or you don't. Simple. People who complain are people who are unlucky on rng, it's unfortunate but that happened on the old system as well.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
20/12/2012 04:20Posted by Panamat

20/12/2012 07:36Posted by Endellion

Agreed. In the old system I can remember weeks of going through the bosses and not getting a drop, or being beaten on a roll by someone who had better gear/was needing for an offspec. Or winning an item and have half the raid beg me in whispers for it. Or having people begging through whispers to need on a item for them to trade. Or people holding the raid to ransom over needing an item they don't need to trade for an item they do need. etc. etc. etc.

Now you get an item or you don't. Simple. People who complain are people who are unlucky on rng, it's unfortunate but that happened on the old system as well.

Agree to both of the above. The new system, whilst indeed annoying if you rarely get a drop (thanks RNG!) is far better than watching people ninja, guild abuse, complain or harass other players for loot in LFR, I think it's a great improvement.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Another +1 support for the current system here.

I'd much rather just have my own personal RNG than be in direct competition with all the other raid members.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Exactly this.

But that item will never drop because off the hidden carrot system in the game, That makes you subscribe for eternity. Because keep getting drops you already have.
No seriously tough plz tweak the system bit more, Because i don't like being held by carrots i'll just start playing another game take break from wow again.
Just like last time when my whole server pretty much died.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Exactly this.

I would agree with this apart from the basis that on the occasions you use your additional coin role and get a duplicate item it blows that argument out of the water.

While the qouted poster states its mathmatically possible for every raider to get an item drop, there is just if not a higher chance that no one gets anything. Thus time syncing more players, the difference in this system is your players can kill a boss and no one knows if loot is awarded!
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue

I dont really care about the mathematical possibilities that "may happen". Truth is that with the old system you got loot drop and probably the item you wanted, if you dont count tier pieces, had probably 1-5 people to roll for it. That already gives you at least 20% chance to get the item you wanted. Later on when people are more geared the chance just increases.

Seeing how im getting loot now, the chance of getting what i want is really really low. The chance to get a single item has been probably lower than 10% for me not even talking about getting what you wanted. Seeing the bag over and over again and getting loot that you didint want instead of something you wanted sucks too.

With my alt dk i run raid finder more in DS and got geared pretty easily in my opinion. Now I just skipped doing it because it feels like a terrible waste of time. Also I hate this loot system at sha of anger. I still havent gotten a single piece of loot even using extra rolls in mop. Some people got 2/4 tier in the first few weeks and almost everyone got something.

I didint mind seeing my items not drop. At least when i saw it drop i knew what my chances are to get it. I hate this new system where this computer gives me a ridiculously low chance to get drops and probably when i do its something i wont need. Im also starting to think its not about "unfair rolling in raid finder". Its about forcing to play people more with lower drop chances andmaking people do dailies to get extra rolls. Its what mop has been all about. Forcing people to do what they dont want to get something they need instead of letting people get it by something they do like to do.
Edited by Wrestlér on 20/12/2012 09:51 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]