Tabard rep from dungeons NOW!

8 Tauren Shaman
title says it all.

I really dont want to do dailies every day.
Edited by Draztal on 18/12/2012 14:40 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I really don't want to do dailies for coins either, why can't we just get them from HC's as well?
Come to think of it, I don't like having to queue up for LFR either, so can't why can't we just add that loot in a random gift bag at the end of a LFD?
/sarcasm

People complained about the world being empty because everyone just sat in a city and queued for dungeons. Be careful what you wish for.
Reply Quote
8 Tauren Shaman
Everyone that wanted there to be more people "out in the world" are people who had in mind that its fun to gank. And im sure they had fun the first couple of weeks. Now its boring as hell and no one really cares if a alliance or horde are killing mobs right next to you. All to get that rep you know!

And why not just have rep from both dailies and tabard rep?
People play this game enough already.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
title says it all.

I really dont want to do dailies every god damn day.

Dear customer, we heard you, in 10th expansion of WoW you can buy new tabards which you can use on your character and get your "Exalted" status in 1 sec.

Your Blizzard
Reply Quote
8 Tauren Shaman
title says it all.

I really dont want to do dailies every god damn day.

Dear customer, we heard you, in 10th expansion of WoW you can buy new tabards which you can use on your character and get your "Exalted" status in 1 sec.

Your Blizzard

Im guessing you managed to pain yourself all the way to exalted by playing every day, doing the dailies like its your life and bread. And now you dont want others to catch up. Am right, right? right?
Reply Quote
16/12/2012 13:12Posted by Teslacow
Im guessing you managed to pain yourself all the way to exalted by playing every day, doing the dailies like its your life and bread. And now you dont want others to catch up. Am right, right? right?

The bad responses are likely due to your bad reasons for this change. It's literately "I'm too lazy, please change it".

And now those dailies have become even less mandatory. Just get the loot from LFR, and instead of buying loot from vendors, spend the Valor on upgrading your items.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
Yeah, there really is little need for rep if you don't want to run daiiles. No shoulder/head enchants you cannot get elsewhere. VP gear is rarely that stand out that you have to have it. And since a lot of dailies unlock story missions that only really make sense if you run them in order getting all your rep from dungeons would throw the attempts at story telling out of the window.

OP - why do you want the rep? What is it that you want from the quartermasters?
Reply Quote
OP - why do you want the rep? What is it that you want from the quartermasters?

I'm going to take a wild guess and assume mounts. Or maybe 496 purpz for a character that doesn't even do normals. Gotta get dem purpz.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
I'd like grinds that isn't limited by day. I'd like to do the whole neutral > Exalted in 24 hours of consistent playing. Why can't I?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
16/12/2012 16:27Posted by Drakthal
I'd like grinds that isn't limited by day. I'd like to do the whole neutral > Exalted in 24 hours of consistent playing. Why can't I?

I want to do 200k dps, I want to do 200k HPS in enhance spec, I want to be multi glad rating on 10 chars, I want alot of things in this game too so why cant I have it!!!!. Simple answer is, if you give someone what they want they will want more and more and eventually there will be NOTHING to do in the game.
Reply Quote
16/12/2012 16:33Posted by Goregut

I want to do 200k dps, I want to do 200k HPS in enhance spec, I want to be multi glad rating on 10 chars, I want alot of things in this game too so why cant I have it!!!!. Simple answer is, if you give someone what they want they will want more and more and eventually there will be NOTHING to do in the game.

I actually think that sounds like a valid suggestion. It's not that he wants to get more out of each quest, just that he wants more of them.
The Klaxxi is a very good example of how I would have liked every faction to be like. The first time you are there and complete every chain, you are somewhat half way to Revered (meaning halfway between Neutral and Revered) and you would need to do your dailies to get the rest done. Then you get your double rep bonus and can continue the grind towards Exalted.
However, once your alts start that same quest chain, they will be Revered once they are done and would only need to grin rep if you wanted to get the vanity stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Unfortunately dailies feel like something you have to do, despite them being optional. Unfortunately it will take Blizzard a whole expansion to realise this.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
actually think that sounds like a valid suggestion. It's not that he wants to get more out of each quest, just that he wants more of them.
The Klaxxi is a very good example of how I would have liked every faction to be like. The first time you are there and complete every chain, you are somewhat half way to Revered (meaning halfway between Neutral and Revered) and you would need to do your dailies to get the rest done. Then you get your double rep bonus and can continue the grind towards Exalted.
However, once your alts start that same quest chain, they will be Revered once they are done and would only need to grin rep if you wanted to get the vanity stuff.

Yep it is a valid suggestion but I think if blizzard wanted to go back to the TBC type of rep grinding they would have. I however would pref my grind to be spread evenly over the week with whatever amount of dailys you can do rather than spend all my time killing the same mob over and over and over and over, and dont get me started on wpvp, that is a can of worms best left sealed!.
Reply Quote
16/12/2012 18:19Posted by Halaberiel
Unfortunately dailies feel like something you have to do, despite them being optional. Unfortunately it will take Blizzard a whole expansion to realise this.

Thankfully the new upgrade system delays that feeling. For every item you win in LFR, you can spend 2 weeks getting Valor to upgrade it. This will increase the time you have to buy an item from the vendors significantly, although you still might need the rep to fill out all your slots with epics.
16/12/2012 18:33Posted by Goregut
I however would pref my grind to be spread evenly over the week with whatever amount of dailys

That comes down to personal preferences. I usually do the bare minimum of what I need for coins and rep. So the big quest chain would only be for when I'm in need of something to spend Valor on. Thankfully, as mentioned above, there are now less of a hurry.
Edited by Elathin on 16/12/2012 18:37 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
16/12/2012 18:19Posted by Halaberiel

Its all in your head my dear fellow, they're not required UNLESS your guild is pushing heroic modes pre nerfs and expect their raiders to get every advantage they can. If that is the case you should know that raiders are expected on most parts to do things they dont like but the end result is much more tasty.
Reply Quote

Your Blizzard

you DONT have to be exalted as well now with new faction you do not even need to do old factions. isn't that cool ?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
Well the issue is that Golden Lotus, which is required if you want to do the less tedious and less mind-numbingly boring Shado-Pan and August Celestials, only give on average a pitiful 100~ rep per daily, that is ludicrously demoralising to do, it's a pedantic grind to get to revered, only to unlock Shado Pan and August Celestials.

I personally believe what Drakthal said about the grinding have no limit- repeatables instead of strictly daily quests to allow players to choose -how- much -when- they want, it's all about choice. Personally i don't see why we don't have tabards -and- dailies to do, not everyone wants to grind out dungeons for rep, not everyone wants to do dailies, both are grindy, it's just a different way to administer your poison really.

I detest the whole concept of a daily, it turns a game into a simulator, a work simulator where you -MUST- do this or you're hamstringing yourself, personally i would like more quest chains to do as opposed to endless grinding. Shattered Sun was bad enough, and it doesn't seem that Blizzard has really changed the fundamental problem behind daily quests- lack of interest.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Dear customer, no, soz that is called double dipping, you get many benefits by doing one thing.
Come with a better alternative than get back to "the lazy way" NOW!
Thank you...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Priest
17/12/2012 02:05Posted by Lorac
"the lazy way"

Doing it without a daily-style restriction, i.e repeatable grind, is not "lazy" because it puts the same amount of effort in to do it, just paced differently.

Tabards are hardly that "lazy" as you do still need to grind, al a dungeons, of which i doubt you will exceed more than a set of dailies worth of rep by killing mobs there, maybe a little more, if you count a slightly higher boss rep rate- but still, i would rather take the dungeon grind than the daily grind from a personal level, and i can imagine a lot of people would too, as do a lot of people who -enjoy- dailies and don't like dungeons.

Inclusion, not Exclusion of gameplay styles should be Blizzard's philosophy for designing instead of channeling us all into a single tunnel of "Do this, then this, then that"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Why do you need to do dailys? I dont dig.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]