Tabard rep from dungeons NOW!

90 Orc Hunter
Oh no! Im required to make some effort. Holy crap why not just give it to us so we can complain about having nothing to do!

Dailys are not a requirement. You're not forced to do them every single day. Sure you will get ahead in rep/story development/charms. But it's hardly required to do them every single day.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Confirmed for the Nth time that is not happening, getting exalted with commendations is ridiculously fast (and exalted offers no gear so you don't even need it)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
17/12/2012 07:51Posted by Cloudstalker
Oh no! Im required to make some effort. Holy crap why not just give it to us so we can complain about having nothing to do!

Some effort? Tell me how many level 90s you have.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
It's always amusing to see people confuse not wanting to do dailies with laziness.

Have you ever thought about the possibility of rep tabards giving rep at the same rate as dailies? Hard concept, I know, shouldn't have done all those dailies, they numb your mind, I tell you!

I don't like daily chores. I like doing things in my own time.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
If you don't want to do dailies every day, then don't.
If you don't want to play wow every day, then don't.

If you're not serious about the game or serious about getting the reputition rewards then there are other ways to gear up, besides saving your valor points for item level upgrades is far better now anyways. If you want the mounts / tabards from rep then that's a grind you have to do, I did and it took me what? 10-15min a day? It's not hard and doesn't take long at all!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I'm sure there's plenty of other games or things to do for everyone who don't want to put some time into dailies. I assume that the OP has come to the realization of that dailies aren't required at all as he has ceased to reply to his own thread. Oh, and on his level 1 alt nonetheless.
Did I just get trolled?
Reply Quote
title says it all.

I really dont want to do dailies every day.

I guess you might like this... The developers are currently planning to include bonus reputation that can be earned via scenarios and dungeons. It doesn't necessarily mean it'll be through tabards and in the exact same way as back in the days, but sounds close enough to what you want!

16/12/2012 12:51Posted by Elathin
I really don't want to do dailies for coins either, why can't we just get them from HC's as well?

Actually, not from heroics, but the developers are planning to let you have a chante to earn Lesser Charms of Good Fortune through Pet Battles. Basically, if you win, you'll have a chance of receiving charms based on your pet level.

And if a player is below level 90, they'll get experience equal to defeating a yellow creature.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
"Dear Blizzard, I want shiny ilvl 509 epics. But I don't like raiding or playing with other players. I do like to stand in Stormwind and do /dance. Why can't I get my 509 epics by doing /dance?"
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
18/12/2012 14:47Posted by Draztal
I guess you might like this... The developers are currently planning to include bonus reputation that can be earned via scenarios and dungeons. It doesn't necessarily mean it'll be through tabards and in the exact same way as back in the days, but sounds close enough to what you want!

It'd be fine if the tabard was a BoA reward from exalted. Then alts wouldn't have to run with the dailies as much and there'd still be the progressional effort put in on your first character.
Edited by Nuvielle on 18/12/2012 15:02 GMT
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
18/12/2012 14:56Posted by Muktahl
"Dear Blizzard, I want shiny ilvl 509 epics. But I don't like raiding or playing with other players. I do like to stand in Stormwind and do /dance. Why can't I get my 509 epics by doing /dance?"

Don't compare top end gear with basic ability to spend VP and JP which requires days of grinding rep.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
And then within two days we'll have people complaining about how this game offers no incentives whatsoever to keep them playing because they've already done all there is to do.

No thanks, the current system is fine.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
18/12/2012 14:47Posted by Draztal
Actually, not from heroics, but the developers are planning to let you have a chante to earn Lesser Charms of Good Fortune through Pet Battles. Basically, if you win, you'll have a chance of receiving charms based on your pet level.

Huh, that's pretty cool. Pet battle dailies are the only ones I will do without fail after hitting exalted with everything, nice to be able to get a reward I can use while raiding from them too.

That said - I'm worried about more rewards from dungeons, they were far too lucrative in WOTLK to the point that they were "mandatory" for any raider wanting to max reps, dailies were too slow in comparison and you couldn't double dip VP from them.

Be careful you don't end up "forcing" people into dungeons, I'd much rather be forced to do dailies from a huge range that are completely stress free, since there's no chance at failure, and can be done whenever I want, than being "forced" to run dungeons which by the end of MOP, will be dreadfully stale, and run the risk of getting a bad group that makes the experience even more like pulling teeth than it already is. The huge amount of VP you get from them is already compelling enough, giving rep from them too might not be wise.

Scenarios however, are completely devoid of reward - making the first scenario you do give a 10% rep boost for x amount of time / to x faction for a day would surely make more sense than pumping all of the rewards (VP, gear / shards, and potentially rep) into dungeons.

Don't compare top end gear with basic ability to spend VP and JP which requires days of grinding rep.

Yes, literally days! That's not a huge investment for epic quality gear, klaxxi I believe you can get halfway to revered without even touching a daily, just by completing the quest zone - which takes what, 2 hours without flying, let alone with? A few days of dailies will get you to revered, which then gives you 3 different epics that you can buy - that's over 5k VP, 5 weeks that you won't even have the VP to buy an item from any other faction.

Surely you can get another faction up to honored / revered in those 49 days that you don't even have any VP spare to spend?

Grinding every faction at once to exalted, I can sympathise with - I did it and I can understand it's not everyones cup of tea. But getting one faction up to revered every 5 weeks isn't much to ask.
Edited by Nagassh on 18/12/2012 15:14 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
18/12/2012 15:02Posted by Seriousxoxo
Don't compare top end gear with basic ability to spend VP and JP which requires days of grinding rep

You dont need any rep at all to spend JP and for VP you can upgrade the gear you got with VP and the shieldwall dailies go up fast and you got a ring belt boots and a trinket to chose from there.
It barely even posible to have got all of those by now even if you where vp capped start of 5.1
Reply Quote
Much like the daily for completing a challenge mode dungeon, why not have the faction representatives at the Shrine offer a daily quest each day for killing the end boss of a dungeon? You could offer 1 dungeon daily a day or all factions offering an individual dungeon daily every day.

The rep would be normalised to around 350 rep per quest complete, allowing for a slower progression rate than the intended dailies. The dungeon would get repetitive, if you want to grind the rep solely from THAT dailiy, but rather than it being an alternative to, its a supplement to the dailies if you are getting weary from doing them for an extended period.

And for the dedicated few, it would boost them along nicely if they do the dailies AND the dungeon every day. Instead of completely removing the dungeon rep feature, limit it to stop it from being farmed and exploited for quick and easy rep.

Forcing story and often gear into what can become repetitive content is just as much of a roadblock for people who enjoy those as normal and heroic raiding is to inexperienced players.
Reply Quote
18 Blood Elf Priest
Why not do it like you did in Cataclysm with guild experience and reputation? Make it so that tabards work in dungeons again and the amount of reputation that you gain has a weekly cap. Hell, make it so that the cap is however much reputation you would gain from doing all of those dailies throughout the week.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

It's the same idea. He (the OP) wants something in-game, but is not willing to do what is required to get those items. Whether or not what he wants is BiS gear, just some 489/496's, an achievement or something completely different is irrelevant.

To get reward, you have to put in some effort. I guess every reasonable player can agree on that. But what effort gets you what reward is is decided by the game designers, not by players. And I think anyone who doesn't want to do a few dailies a couple of times a week to get some vendor valor gear can easily enjoy the game just as much without said valor gear.
Edited by Muktahl on 18/12/2012 15:29 GMT
Reply Quote
It's always amusing to see people confuse not wanting to do dailies with laziness.

Have you ever thought about the possibility of rep tabards giving rep at the same rate as dailies? Hard concept, I know, shouldn't have done all those dailies, they numb your mind, I tell you!

THIS!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Should just add Tabards like back in WotLK/Cata, but with a Daily Rep Cap roughly equal to doing dailies for that faction (and also cap the rep in a way that you can't do Dailies AND farm Rep in instances).
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
I really "hate" having to do anything other then raiding, can we not get a chance of getting coins and reputation in raiding also?

I don't understand this shift at all, the only thing I can take away from this is the fact, that once enough players have created enough threads clearly demonstrating that they want what's out there without having to move around to much.., it'll be changed to it.

I mean, look at every single I hate dailies thread created, always the same opener.., why should I have to do them ever single day and all of them?- pro tip, you don't!
What is it that makes players think they must do all of them every single day, other then the associated purple pixels that causes they're mouths to water?

Most of them even come out saying they don't have time to raid etc etc, yet go into details about how they're spending roughly 3-4 hours in game on a daily basis.
What is the point of creating a variety of gameplay options if their all going to be merged into the same sooner or late?- that development time could be spendt releasing more raid content, dungeon content, or simply creating proper balance between classes in PvP and fixing bugs that's still years old.., or the "really big" one, character model upgrading.

What other then lazyness could describe it?
Are you arguing that the gameplay is the same, or that by doing some assignment for certain factions, that it's suddenly extended into dungeon grinding even though that isn't in the associated quest / story lines with said factions?

Other then going straight against everything blizzard have stated so far in the expansion, it also goes completely against the whole concept of getting players back into the world.

I wonder how long it'll take now before raids get the axe, despite having stated they would be staying as released, due to being designed for ilvl 463 and getting progressively nerfed with the gearing options around now.
Edited by Banzhe on 18/12/2012 16:00 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight

THIS!

But most cases it is laziness.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]