Tabard rep from dungeons NOW!

90 Draenei Death Knight
It's always amusing to see people confuse not wanting to do dailies with laziness.
I don't like daily chores. I like doing things in my own time.

THIS!

It's not about someone being lazy, it's about not willing to put in the required effort. Which is fine. I would have liked The Insane title, but I was never willing to put in the effort required. I'm sure everyone wouldn't mind getting Ashes of Al'ar, but not everyone is willing to fly over to Netherstorm once a week for a small chance of getting it. It's your time playing the game and you can allocate it as you see fit, but don't complain if certain aspects of the game in your opinion require too much time/effort on your part.

If you want to increase your reputation with certain factions, you have to do quests for those factions. You can do them once a day (emphasis on 'can') to get to exalted the fastest, but if you ignore them for a few days/weeks, it's not like you lose your reputation with them (which would be a fun idea imho, but I can see how many many people would absolutely hate that).
Many people opposed to the current system keep yelling "I can't grind those dailies every day! I have a life! But I want/need the valor gear". Then do it five days a week. No time for that either? Do them thrice a week. No time to do a few dailies three times a week? Then maybe WoW (or any MMORPG) is not the game for you. Or you don't want/need the gear as much as you think you do.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
It's not about laziness or having to do things cause you can, it's because to stay competitive you really have to do all you can in a day to stay up to date.

To get Valor Epics, you have to farm Dailies for rep and VP. Valor Epics give a huge boost towards raid progression by being able to fill slots with items that have a hard time dropping.

By being able to get Rep from Instances we are able to get Valor Gear.
There are people that want to play in a cooperative environment, and dailies aren't a good option then (quite boring if you ask me). I'd prefer to run a few Heroics to get my Valor and Rep with guildies, friends and other people, getting Achievments while doing so.

Having to do dailies to get the coins is one example. You are pretty much forced to do dailies at least a few days a week to get the 3 coins for bonus rolls for loot.
Coins give a huge advantage, and being able to only get them through dailies, once again forces people to farm dailies.

An 'easy'* solution would be to give people 5-10 Lesser Charms per completed Heroic, with a Rep cap for Tabards roughly equal to doing the dailies for that faction.

* I'm not a programmer so idk how easy it is, just throwing in an idea.

Just my 2 cents.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Atleast they could have made the exhalted tabards work like the ones in cata and worlk. Make them accountbound and voila, solution for people complaining they have to grind stupid dailies for the 2nd time.

It's ok to grind the crap out of them for the first char, not so for the 2nd char.
This would keep the faction awareness blizzard wanted to get from dailies but doesn't screw over alts.

*seriously, there's so much wrong stuff in MoP it makes me wonder if they even thought about it.

*Jp vendors selling lower than Hc ilvl gear (useless)
*quests in 463 heroics that give 450 or even 430 ?? rewards (wtf rly?)
*No clear way to farm Jp like in previous expansions
*locking 2 daily hubs behind the crapiest of them all (golden lotus)
** And to top it off, locking Vp rewards behind rep when the upgrade system wasn't released yet (think it was suposed to go hand in hand tho)

Someone was sleeping over at Blizz Hq i think, or maybe the people that use to do this the good way where designing pokémons and farmville.
Edited by Synobia on 18/12/2012 16:08 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Please out of this Cata crap... System is fine as it is, you dont need to do those dailies, when you will realize? If you want mounts then grind. I really would like Blizzard to do a lot more dailies so people would realize "its not possible doing them all today even if im playing 20h/day, ill do those that interest me". You get gear from raids, personally I think its out of place at reputation quartermasters. Still, you dont need it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
18/12/2012 16:12Posted by Atiya
Still, you dont need it.

Oh, but that's where you're wrong. If you want to progress in raiding, you really do need the Valor Gear. The difference in stats is too big to just leave them.

Oh, and don't compare us to the top raiders that raid in blues, even you can't compare to them.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
18/12/2012 15:42Posted by Chayra
Should just add Tabards like back in WotLK/Cata, but with a Daily Rep Cap roughly equal to doing dailies for that faction (and also cap the rep in a way that you can't do Dailies AND farm Rep in instances).

Right, so now you get the same rep from doing dailies as you do from dungeons - but also get heaps of valor and gear / shards?

That doesn't solve the problem of double dipping vast quantities of things from one source, which IS a problem, because the second you start earning vast swaths of character progression from one source, the other sources become pointless.

There's a reason scenarios are so underused, it's not because they don't award VP and / or gear, it's because dungeons award both of that in an abundance and more, heaping even more of a reward into dungeons doesn't solve that, it just means you earn everything bar raid drops from dungeons. Queue Catas "stand in a city spamming LFD".

18/12/2012 16:20Posted by Chayra
Still, you dont need it.

Oh, but that's where you're wrong. If you want to progress in raiding, you really do need the Valor Gear. The difference in stats is too big to just leave them.

Oh, and don't compare us to the top raiders that raid in blues, even you can't compare to them.

Vast majority of cases upgrading your existing gear with VP > buying a mogushan vaults ilevel item from rep unless all you raid is LFR.
Edited by Nagassh on 18/12/2012 16:22 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
18/12/2012 14:56Posted by Muktahl
"Dear Blizzard, I want shiny ilvl 509 epics. But I don't like raiding or playing with other players. I do like to stand in Stormwind and do /dance. Why can't I get my 509 epics by doing /dance?"

This except Silvermoon.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Still, you dont need it.

Without comparing anyone to the top 5 or even top 10 in the world, why is it you need the valor gear to progress?
If it's a dps issue then it is purely because the player in question haven't / isn't doing his / her job and researching and or practising, if you then go on to claim that you raid for fun and not compete, then you're previous statement falls to the ground.
If it's a healing issue, then it's purely down to not using your raids options to mitigate incoming damage, or your guilds tanks / dps simply taking easily avoided damage.., it is also quite possibly that you're just using a wrong approach on a certain encounter!
By far, the biggest contributor to lack of progress is personal mistake, no amount of gear in the world will ever make up for those!

How do I know this?- because everything have been done by a lot more then the top 5 - 10, and a hell of a lot more guilds are progressing perfectly fine even today, and have been doing that since the first time they stepped into Msv, if it wasn't limited due to roster issues.

The only thing that held us back in nearly 2 months was precisely roster issues, having had a turnover of roughly 50 players, absorbing 2 raid teams from other 10m guilds into our 25 where we now have 1 player left of those 2 guilds.
Some simply found PvP more interesting, some couldn't commit to our schedule and was subsequently removed, but the majority simply wasn't able to put out the numbers we wanted despite rocking pretty awesome gear at the time.

I guess you also forgot about the option to upgrade gear via Jp / Vp, or the fact that if there's still upgrades in heroic dungeons and you honestly consider yourself competitive, then you would have had those upgrades by now.
I simply suspect it's because the items available isn't the color you want, just like the daily haters!

Perhaps blizzard is better of simply re-coloring all items to purple, I know that would end a stream of these "complaints".
Edited by Banzhe on 18/12/2012 16:47 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
It's not about laziness or having to do things cause you can, it's because to stay competitive you really have to do all you can in a day to stay up to date.

To get Valor Epics, you have to farm Dailies for rep and VP. Valor Epics give a huge boost towards raid progression by being able to fill slots with items that have a hard time dropping.

This is another fallacy that just gets thrown around. This is only really true for top guilds pushing progression at the start of an expansion. Most 'normal' guilds just gather gear as they work their ways through the various instances at a normal pace. This argument does not apply to you, me, or 99.9% of the other people playing the game. And later in the expansion, everyone has decent gear from the previous tier.

Having to do dailies to get the coins is one example. You are pretty much forced to do dailies at least a few days a week to get the 3 coins for bonus rolls for loot.
Coins give a huge advantage, and being able to only get them through dailies, once again forces people to farm dailies.

I don't know what the actual chance of getting an item is, but it can't be much higher than 10-20% (or I'm just insanely unlucky). So if you are lucky, you will get one item every 2-3 weeks from your coins. Assuming this is even an item you want (the chance of which diminishes every week as you gear up), this means you get a ~13 ilvl upgrade on one item. Averaging everything out, your overall ilvl is increased by ~0.8 every 2-3 weeks. So while still gearing up, on average it will take you three weeks to increase your average ilvl by 1. I wouldn't call that a "huge advantage".

So in conclusion: CONGRATULATIONS, DAILY-HATERS! You can safely stop doing those horrible dailies you hate so much. Rest assured knowing that this will in no way affect your guilds' progression. You will get those nasty bosses down eventually. But if you ever want a little more gear than the abundance of gear that raiding offers, those dailies will always welcome you back with open arms.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock

I don't know what the actual chance of getting an item is, but it can't be much higher than 10-20% (or I'm just insanely unlucky). So if you are lucky, you will get one item every 2-3 weeks from your coins. Assuming this is even an item you want (the chance of which diminishes every week as you gear up), this means you get a ~13 ilvl upgrade on one item. Averaging everything out, your overall ilvl is increased by ~0.8 every 2-3 weeks. So while still gearing up, on average it will take you three weeks to increase your average ilvl by 1. I wouldn't call that a "huge advantage".

So in conclusion: CONGRATULATIONS, DAILY-HATERS! You can safely stop doing those horrible dailies you hate so much. Rest assured knowing that this will in no way affect your guilds' progression. You will get those nasty bosses down eventually. But if you ever want a little more gear than the abundance of gear that raiding offers, those dailies will always welcome you back with open arms.

I'd still consider coins mandatory for anyone taking raiding serious, thing is - if you're taking raiding serious having to do things that aren't super enjoyable outside of raids is nothing new - you should have known you were getting into it when you started.

Farming flasks, food, outside of raid gear (be this through dungeons, rep, coins or crafted), is nothing new to the game. Complaining about having to do dailies to get charms is as silly as complaining about having to raid to get raid gear, pvp to get pvp gear or farm / buy herbs to make flasks.

If you take raiding seriously, man up and do the work that has always been associated with it.

If you don't take raiding seriously, don't do it then - but don't expect to have it handed to you on a plate.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Dear Blizzard,

please don't change the current reputation system.

It's not about someone being lazy, it's about not willing to put in the required effort. Which is fine. I would have liked The Insane title, but I was never willing to put in the effort required. I'm sure everyone wouldn't mind getting Ashes of Al'ar, but not everyone is willing to fly over to Netherstorm once a week for a small chance of getting it. It's your time playing the game and you can allocate it as you see fit, but don't complain if certain aspects of the game in your opinion require too much time/effort on your part.

Many people opposed to the current system keep yelling "I can't grind those dailies every day! I have a life! But I want/need the valor gear". Then do it five days a week. No time for that either? Do them thrice a week. No time to do a few dailies three times a week? Then maybe WoW (or any MMORPG) is not the game for you. Or you don't want/need the gear as much as you think you do.

More or less says it all.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
title says it all.

I really dont want to do dailies every day.

I guess you might like this... The developers are currently planning to include bonus reputation that can be earned via scenarios and dungeons. It doesn't necessarily mean it'll be through tabards and in the exact same way as back in the days, but sounds close enough to what you want!

16/12/2012 12:51Posted by Elathin
I really don't want to do dailies for coins either, why can't we just get them from HC's as well?

Actually, not from heroics, but the developers are planning to let you have a chante to earn Lesser Charms of Good Fortune through Pet Battles. Basically, if you win, you'll have a chance of receiving charms based on your pet level.

And if a player is below level 90, they'll get experience equal to defeating a yellow creature.

you gotta be kidding me!

World of Lazycraft incoming again.
WoW, this comment pisses me off so much right now.
Can't believe you are giving in.
Unbelievable.
But you won't even give us Naxx60 or any other lv60 Dungeon that you removed with cata back.

This is bullocks. I hate you so much right now.

Why spoonfed all the lazy turds out there? Holy moly
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Actually, not from heroics, but the developers are planning to let you have a chante to earn Lesser Charms of Good Fortune through Pet Battles. Basically, if you win, you'll have a chance of receiving charms based on your pet level.

And if a player is below level 90, they'll get experience equal to defeating a yellow creature

This is the most pathetic idea i have heard this year... and this year was mostly plagued by pathetic ideas from Blizzard.

I guess this has to do with the recent interview with a dev who said "at least half of wow players have at least tried pet battles". I did 2 of the quest to see how much it sucks !@# and wasn't suprised at all, which means this counts me as someone who tried it.

Pet battles must be failing really hard to need such a reward to shoe horn people... What is next? Heroic raid gear from pet battles? Pathetic.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
18/12/2012 17:32Posted by Monkylord
Heroic raid gear from pet battles? Pathetic.

Heroic Pet Gear. >_>!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Mage
18/12/2012 18:02Posted by Drakthal
Heroic Pet Gear. >_>!

ooh heroic pet gear.... yes please... Me likes that idea!

tbh most of what i hear from lazy whiners on this subject sounds like Cartman,

"Yes I want more cheesy poofs...!"

Sign of the times
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Pet Battles were supposed to be something that you do because of fun, not because you gain something for your characters.

I was okay with a questline that rewards 3k Gold at the end.
I was okay with people exploiting this.

But this now?
ridiculous.

Oh and the Reputation gain changes...
Why reward lazy people?

And no, the "Dailies are boring" argument doesn't count.
Going to work almost every day is boring too, yet I have to do it if I want the benefit of living a good lifestyle.
Edited by Roothy on 18/12/2012 18:57 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
title says it all.

I really dislike people who have such an entitled attitude. Grow up.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
title says it all.

instead of doing the Dailes that 98% requires killing you wanna run a dungeon as a daily, that also requires killing ,doesn´t make any sense....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'd pick a daily heroic over the quests anytime. Got tired of them after i aoe'd that pack of wolves for golden lotus the 3rd time in a week.

Maybe blizzard noticed half the players just didn't do the dailies they love so much.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
I'd pick a daily heroic over the quests anytime. Got tired of them after i aoe'd that pack of wolves for golden lotus the 3rd time in a week.

Maybe blizzard noticed half the players just didn't do the dailies they love so much.

They couldn't care less about lazy people like you.
All you do is sit afk in the city and cry cry cry.
They should remove the freaking LFD tool already and change it back to the TBC one.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]