Tabard rep from dungeons NOW!

100 Blood Elf Death Knight
18/12/2012 14:47Posted by Draztal
I really don't want to do dailies for coins either, why can't we just get them from HC's as well?

Actually, not from heroics, but the developers are planning to let you have a chante to earn Lesser Charms of Good Fortune through Pet Battles. Basically, if you win, you'll have a chance of receiving charms based on your pet level.

And if a player is below level 90, they'll get experience equal to defeating a yellow creature.

Of all the things to get a blue post on ... still, it's nice to hear that lesser charms are being expanded upon, so there will be other ways to earn it. It's always nice to have some variety.

I'm guessing they will slowly evolve into an extra reward you might earn by all the content you can't do just by sitting in the main city.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Interesting that these changes surface about when - as I predicted in my guild chat ages ago - bag for tanks/healers in random dungeons seems to almost never fall off.

I wish however, I understood the vitrious response of some of people to the proposal to pep pet battling.

Average high level battle takes usually some 12-15 turns, and that means quite sizeable time. Definitely more time, than I'd need to get my unleveled alt to jade forest and squash a random mob with 2 spells. I keep hearing from people they'd like to play with pets more, but feel quilty when they have alts stuck in Orgrimmar since Panda launch day... I don't see small chance for a charm and a wee bit of experience as any real competition to "traditional" leveling - it would be still tremendously more effective to go quest, run randoms, or even go somewhere and grind random mobs like mad. So why the rage? The change just adds more variety...

That said, I have to agree with many of you who say Blizz was fast asleep in some planning sessions. This of course extends to pets - eg. rewards from doing pet dailies are *soulbound*. What sense do soulbound *vanity* items make when they relate to an activity that is *account bound*? I completely don't see why all those pet biscuits, bandages, upgrade stones et caetera can't be freely mailed between alts... when archaeology artifacts can (and archaeology is *not* account wide... whereas it could...).
Edited by Thootem on 18/12/2012 20:34 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
title says it all.

I really dont want to do dailies every day.

I guess you might like this... The developers are currently planning to include bonus reputation that can be earned via scenarios and dungeons. It doesn't necessarily mean it'll be through tabards and in the exact same way as back in the days, but sounds close enough to what you want!

16/12/2012 12:51Posted by Elathin
I really don't want to do dailies for coins either, why can't we just get them from HC's as well?

Actually, not from heroics, but the developers are planning to let you have a chante to earn Lesser Charms of Good Fortune through Pet Battles. Basically, if you win, you'll have a chance of receiving charms based on your pet level.

And if a player is below level 90, they'll get experience equal to defeating a yellow creature.

And if some of us find pet battles tedious and stupid? Where do we get our free charms from?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Haha, seems like Blizzard realized that daily chores being the only way to gain rep was a bad idea after all.

Don't you people who equate hating dailies with laziness look silly now.

Others methods having the same rate of gaining rep as dailies must be a very hard concept to grasp for most of the people in this thread. You spend exactly the same amount of time (or 'effort' (lol)) but you'll be able to do it in your own time instead of having daily chores to do.

What is a wonderful idea and what should be implemented for all future factions is the myriad of story quests the 5.1 dailies have. Having a few story quests after the dailies each day instead of only the same old boring dailies is a brilliant idea. It makes you want to do the dailies instead of it feeling like one big grind.
Edited by Elviryn on 18/12/2012 21:50 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
Dailies are invalid now, I am exalted with all factions except for the Pandaren, which does require champion-tabard.
Valor gear should not be valuable to you anymore, and dailies shouldn't cap your valor.

Of course this only accounts to you if you did grind every day for the first month and a few weeks, have a functioning raiding guild and you're dedicated to min/maxing.
If you didn't, then what do you complain about again? You didn't burn the content out as soon as possible, good for you. You should be happy, as I won't return to those dailies again before I'm going achievement hunting.

Basically, you get to experience the content for longer, while more tedious in the long run.
I burned it out, and now I cringe at the thought of more Golden Lotus dailies, but I sure didn't when I was revered and wanted that last rep.
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Death Knight
18/12/2012 21:47Posted by Elviryn

No we don't because people who do not like doing dailies do not do them nor whine on forums to be able to get rewards free.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
title says it all.

I really dont want to do dailies every day.

I guess you might like this... The developers are currently planning to include bonus reputation that can be earned via scenarios and dungeons. It doesn't necessarily mean it'll be through tabards and in the exact same way as back in the days, but sounds close enough to what you want!

16/12/2012 12:51Posted by Elathin

can u make it so u get a shirt that gives u rep cuz sometimes i dont like the look of the tabards and be reveard with the fraction to use the shirts it would be ten times easyer and atleast people have done the dailys a bit that way
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
Actually, not from heroics, but the developers are planning to let you have a chante to earn Lesser Charms of Good Fortune through Pet Battles

Awesome!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
I spent the first few weeks of MoP doing dailies while queueing for dungeons and got revered with everything easily.

Now I only need to do dailies to get my weekly 3 bonus roll coins which will eventually get me exalted with everywhere.

Getting them from pet battles sounds like an awesome addition, if this was also applied to PVP pet battles I'd love that as it would shorten the queue times dramatically.
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Druid

Soo, instead of having a chance of dropping from a heroic boss, you force players to either do dailies or pet battles?
I can do dailies. Pet battles don't interest me the slightest, as I play WoW to play my characters and not pets. Guess I'll keep doing dailies then >_<
Would've been nice if you got a few in that Treasure bag from scenarios as well.
Edited by Nuvielle on 19/12/2012 05:55 GMT
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Death Knight
Pet battles ... most pointless addition up to date.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
18/12/2012 22:47Posted by Azryel

No we don't because people who do not like doing dailies do not do them nor whine on forums to be able to get rewards free.
Ah, you failed again.

I must repeat myself again.

Additional methods of gaining rep at the same rate of gaining rep through dailies.

Now who wants rewards for free? It's called constructive feedback, lots was offered and Blizzard decided that daily chores being the only way to get rep was not such a good idea after all. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the dailies themselves, I hate the fact that it's daily, it feels like a chore. Getting other methods of gaining rep (again, with the same or lesser rate of rep acquisition) make me able to get the rep in my own time.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
19/12/2012 07:10Posted by Elviryn

Ah, you failed again.

I must repeat myself again.

Additional methods of gaining rep at the same rate of gaining rep through dailies.

Now who wants rewards for free? It's called constructive feedback, lots was offered and Blizzard decided that daily chores being the only way to get rep was not such a good idea after all. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the dailies themselves, I hate the fact that it's daily, it feels like a chore. Getting other methods of gaining rep (again, with the same or lesser rate of rep acquisition) make me able to get the rep in my own time.

Dailies are the best way to obtain rep ever and they should have the monopol on rep.
I don't want to be able to grind rep in one sitting be it farming stupid cenarios or dungeons.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
I always hated dailies. I never understood the concept of doing !@#$ every day in a game.
However, to those who want to do it, cool. keep doing it. you like it, you do it, I don't like it, I don't do it.

The problem is: there is no alternative to it. The same is true for the Molten Front.
See, for example, classic reputations. I honestly didn't do them back then. because it required 40 man (take cenarion rep as an example), and I was a too bad skilled raider to get it to exalted at that time. But in Cata I decided, I grind it up to exalted, because I was able to three-man AQ40 and, for me, this was fun.
Now Molten Front. I did do Molten Front, because I wanted the the crafting recipes. but after 123 badges (I still have those 123), I decided that I don't like the dailies, so I stopped.
But now, with MoP or maybe with the next expansion, I'd like that faction to exalted anyways, because I like reputations to be exalted. But even with 90 (as of now), I'm forced to do the dailies. And this is crap. I may even understand, that when the content is current, they want this to be forced into dailies. But they nerf everything, raids, dungeons, stuff like that, to make it trivial. why don't they do the same for old reps as well?

but to the current discussion about current reps (and you can apply this also to molten front for when it was current): as said before, I don't mind people who like dailies. I like playing for a couple of hours on the weekends (or the holidays), but I don't have time to do dailies PLUS raiding during the week. I come home from work, eat something, raid for 3.5 hours, then go to bed. and on days with no raid scheduled, I like to do something else or play some other game.

So, what I don't like is, that I, as one who simply does not like dailies, I have no alternative way to ever get that reputation. If I want the rep, I am forced to do dailies. I have no choice. and I hate not having a choice. tbh, the old system with "only" tabard was also bad, because some people didn't have the time to run dungeons all day. But switching from you-are-forced-to-do-dungeons to you-are-forced-to-do-dailies is not good either.

so I appreciate, that finally, players will have a choice. they either can do dailies, or they can do whatever the alternative way will be.

The other thing, with the lesser charms... well... I actually started having fun with collecting pets. so this is a welcome change. and I also welcome the "having a choice" factor of this. but... well... dailies are a thing that is pretty much involved into the game. it gets gold, and it increases your gear level over time. same is true for dungeons and raids (at least the gear level improvement part). but pet battles... its only purpose is having fun, and killing time. you as a character don't improve with pet levels (speaking of max level characters). so giving THIS the choice to drop the lesser charms may not be the best choice.
currently, dailies give you rep and lesser charms.
in the future, something else also will give you rep. why not take this something else, and also give it the lesser charms? so you will have the choice, to invest time once (dailies) and get rep AND charms, or you have to invest TWICE to get rep from one, and charms from the other.

this is, again, bad design.
Reply Quote
60 Gnome Warlock
yadda yadda yadda

You should just quit.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
So, what I don't like is, that I, as one who simply does not like dailies, I have no alternative way to ever get that reputation. If I want the rep, I am forced to do dailies. I have no choice. and I hate not having a choice. tbh, the old system with "only" tabard was also bad, because some people didn't have the time to run dungeons all day. But switching from you-are-forced-to-do-dungeons to you-are-forced-to-do-dailies is not good either.
so I appreciate, that finally, players will have a choice. they either can do dailies, or they can do whatever the alternative way will be.

Say they were to tailor the game to you specifically and add a new method of gaining rep. Lets call that X (maybe heroics, scenarios, whatever). Fast forward to a few weeks later on the forums, where a lot of people will whine on the forums. "C'mon blizz! I don't like doing dailies and I don't like X. Why don't you give us other methods of grinding rep? For instance Y." Etc, etc.
With some 10M players, they will never be able to please everyone. Thousands of people will complain, no matter what they do. And the unsatisfied minority will always be more vocal than the satisfied majority, creating the illusion that an issue is more wide spread than it actually is.

And about 'being lazy', that of course does not apply to everyone. But I'm willing to bet that most of the people that are lobbying heavily for rep to return to heroics are running said heroics anyway. So for them it would amount to getting rep at no extra effort. That's lazy in my book.
Edited by Muktahl on 19/12/2012 08:23 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
For me the real problem about the daily quests isn't the reputation.
It is those fu*** lesser charms.
Having to do 45 quests every week for my 3 bonus rolls is just a pain in the !@#.
Which is why I haven't done any in the last 4 weeks i quess...
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Say they were to tailor the game to you specifically and add a new method of gaining rep. Lets call that X (maybe heroics, scenarios, whatever). Fast forward to a few weeks later on the forums, where a lot of people will whine on the forums. "C'mon blizz! I don't like doing dailies and I don't like X. Why don't you give us other methods of grinding rep? For instance Y." Etc, etc.
With some 10M players, they will never be able to please everyone. Thousands of people will complain, no matter what they do. And the unsatisfied minority will always be more vocal than the satisfied majority, creating the illusion that an issue is more wide spread than it actually is.

And about 'being lazy', that of course does not apply to everyone. But I'm willing to bet that most of the people that are lobbying heavily for rep to return to heroics are running said heroics anyway. So for them it would amount to getting rep at no extra effort. That's lazy in my book.

Seems like you didn't get his point. He wants a system that lets people choose whether they want to do X or Y to reach a certain goal.
Before it was Y, now it is X. Seems like it will soon become X or Y, which is absolutely a step into the right direction!
Reply Quote
52 Dwarf Shaman

Seems like you didn't get his point. He wants a system that lets people choose whether they want to do X or Y to reach a certain goal.
Before it was Y, now it is X. Seems like it will soon become X or Y, which is absolutely a step into the right direction!

For some reason, a lot of people in this thread are just too dense to understand this.

Your X and Y thingies are just going to confuse them further. So I am going to try and explain it again. Slowly.

I want apple. I go Tesco to get apple. Or I can go Sainsburys to get apple. I can choose where I want buy apple.

Want me explain more slowly?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Please dont turn MoP into Cata Blizzard.

You've done a fine job with this expansion.
I actually have to put some effort into it, which makes the game so much more enjoyable.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]