New race models!

(Locked)

90 Orc Shaman
Any news? :)

Please let them be ready for patch 5.2, pretty please!

Can you perhaps say how it's going? Dwarven models were done before MoP release (if I remember correctly), how is it going with other race models?

"I'm so excited, I just can't hide" uhntissuhntiss
90 Goblin Shaman
They said the dwarves were almost ready at that time, and we have no reference as to how long it takes Blizz to make a new model, so it's impossible to guess.

With the limited news about progress, I wouldn't get your hopes up for any time soon. :P
90 Troll Hunter
I'd say mid of 2013
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid
No news this week, just like the last time someone asked, and the time before that, and the time before that....

As Soxxy said, the Dwarves are the closest to being completed. That doesn't mean that they're done and they've been promised to be out by.... yesterday. They're keeping it nice and quiet, and I'm glad of that, because whenever news is blurted out it tends to go poorly as there's a rush. And when something is rushed, it's almost-always a shoddy job.

Like codename: Titan, they're playing their cards close to their chest. Let sleeping dogs lie, because these ones will bite you in the backside if you rouse them from their slumber too early.
90 Night Elf Hunter
I hope not soon. I don't want half-arsed models to look at.

I wish the model creators took their time and did every model to perfection, even the Horde ones. So, I'm guessing 2013 autumn or 2014. :)
28 Worgen Druid
New race models? I didn't expect blizz to make them so soon after just releasing this expansion.

I'm so excited nvliuehviu
90 Human Mage
18/12/2012 15:06Posted by Illusions
I don't want half-arsed models to look at

On a purely practical note, any character with only half an !@#$ would have great difficulty in standing up.

M.
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
18/12/2012 15:04Posted by Jonní
No news this week, just like the last time someone asked, and the time before that, and the time before that....

Or in other words: Please shut up about this annoying topic already !
Actually... the development team is working on new character models for the vanilla races. Unfortunately, we don't have an estimate yet on when they'll be available.
80 Draenei Shaman
18/12/2012 16:33Posted by Draztal
Actually... the development team is working on new character models for the vanilla races. Unfortunately, we don't have an estimate yet on when they'll be available.

Draztal is going through the forums, releasing information left and right O.o
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
90 Worgen Druid

I can't wait to see what the next iteration of the Kaldorei models is going to be! I hope they'll finally return to the amazon-like statures they had back in Warcraft III, unlike World of Warcraft.
Edited by Danellos on 18/12/2012 16:43 GMT
90 Night Elf Death Knight
18/12/2012 16:36Posted by Coilana

Because people keep being impatience, how else would you shut up the same people asking the same thing over and over again?
90 Gnome Mage
Actually... the development team is working on new character models for the vanilla races.

Are the races of TBC included in this?

18/12/2012 16:42Posted by Izzyfurious

Because people keep being impatience, how else would you shut up the same people asking the same thing over and over again?

That's impossible. It won't be long until another "New race models" thread appears.
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
90 Worgen Druid
18/12/2012 16:47Posted by Kris
That's impossible. It won't be long until another "New race models" thread appears.

I'll give it another year before we start getting "OMG Worgen/Goblins need updates" as well.
90 Draenei Shaman
18/12/2012 16:50Posted by Danellos

I'll give it another year before we start getting "OMG Worgen/Goblins need updates" as well.

Hey, I've said Worgen need updates for years, that clearly haven't happened...

Or just not being walking glitches.
90 Night Elf Druid
"Were working on it"*

*Next expansion
3 Human Hunter

Well at least they're working on them. I hope the new models will be fantastic, I expect nothing less from Blizzard. Oh and don't nerf orc shoulders please :D It drove me crazy when you did it last time!
Edited by Militia on 18/12/2012 17:15 GMT
90 Troll Druid
Next expansion
calling it
90 Tauren Paladin
18/12/2012 16:36Posted by Coilana

Quickly now, ask if he's single and interested in male cows!
69 Draenei Shaman

Some time ago in a dev Q&A ,Blizz said that the TBC races will also be updated,but probably done last since they are newer then the vanilla ones. So its safe to assume that TBC races will also be included in this update ,right ?
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]