Soling Sunwell Plateau

90 Human Warrior
NDZ
hi all

having a go at soloing Sunwell Plateau except I immediately got a very nasty surprise and ran face first into a huge problem and was completely unable to get past the first trash pack due to the Sunwell Slayers and there hugely Overpowered slaying shot how in the the hell is a level 70 mob able to one shot a lv90 player there is no way that should be even remotely possible

now from reading up why i got killed about 10 times in a row within a 2 min period i gather the problem has to do with the mechanics that slaying shot uses in that it's a percentage based attack meaning that no matter what level you are and no matter how much health you have they will always be able to 1 shot you because the damage this dot does will just scale up with your health which essentially makes soling Sunwell terrace impossible if you cant heal or monumentally difficult if you are a class that has decent self healing like paladins or blood DKs it's ironic that these trash mobs are more dangerous then the actually raid bosses them selves clearly this needs fixing

evidently it's another of thoughts unintended consequence of opening up old content and clearly that skill was never mean to be able to do the sort of damage it's doing so surely there should be a cap on the maximum damage that ability can do limiting it to its intended level of damage which realistically shouldn't be more than about 50k to 100K tops i would think

so i would like to request that you fix this oversight along with the Valithria Dreamwalker encounter in ICC
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
they're perfectly soloable, just focus them down. you have die by the sword to negate it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
You can't solo the first boss in SWP anyway?
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
I solo'd the Slayers (and all the trash up to the first boss) at 88 with my warrior. Focus them down.

The first boss can be skipped by using a Lesser Invisibility Potion, or hug the wall and you can walk passed him.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Or just run past on your mount they give up the chase when you arive at first boss.

27/12/2012 03:27Posted by Bethrezen
so i would like to request that you fix this oversight along with the Valithria Dreamwalker encounter in ICC

That not an oversight.

Rather have them "fix" the rediculous RNG on razorgore with wich adds spawn where the eggs start and how many add go for him or for you, cause sometimes it 10 whipes not even close and the week after it first time with him having 50% hp left.
Edited by Turtleshell on 27/12/2012 12:31 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
you cant solo first boss, requires 2 players anyways, and brutalus can also be a problem without either high dps or good selfheals
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Just finished Sunwell Plateau solo. Had to skip first boss since it keeps resetting during second phase, but other bosses were quite doable.
Reply Quote
duno how but i soloed all bosses in swp with all trash this week with disc dps
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
To the OP - I also had issues with the Slayers but found that ignoring all of the other adds and simply focusing the Slayers was enough. You'll die every time on every pull, but once the Slayers are down you can rezz and take out the rest of the pack.

I've only done Sunwell once and solo'd all bosses. I just tank and spanked the first boss. Maybe I was lucky?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
To everyone saying you can't solo first boss - that's true, but you can easily skip straight to Brutallus by running around the first boss.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Yeah, focus them down and you're done, but you're right, they do hit hard, and fighting through them often results in a death or two. Quite a long way short of one-shot kill though, IIRC. To be honest, I never bother... I just run through and then use some method to leave combat once I'm up the ramp.

The third boss (felmyst) is likely to wipe you from time to time if you get caught in the breath mist.

The fifth (the Naaru) can get a bit hectic if you don't keep on top of the adds.
Edited by Drbosnovich on 08/04/2013 01:09 BST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue

Yea, no, you didn't. First boss is _NOT_ soloable. No matter how you look at it.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
08/04/2013 01:01Posted by Kaldemos
To everyone saying you can't solo first boss - that's true

First boss is _NOT_ soloable. No matter how you look at it.

Please, check your facts.
The game changes and information that were true some patches ago aren't true anymore.

Nowadays, Kalecgos is easily soloable. Once he reached 1hp he no longer bugs but instead send you into a portal.
I haven't tried it with a pet, though. If you're sent into a portal before Kalecgos reach 1hp I don't know if he resets or not.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/04/2013 01:45Posted by Schnuffel

Yea, no, you didn't. First boss is _NOT_ soloable. No matter how you look at it.

It is now - SWP has gone trough the similar fixes to allow soloing as many other old raids have. You get ported, yes. But kalec will wait for your return patiently.
Edited by Azryel on 08/04/2013 02:26 BST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
If you're already failing at the trash with 500 ilvl gear you should just give up right now.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
If you're already failing at the trash with 500 ilvl gear you should just give up right now.

Those slayers attack do a % based of your max hp even with 2m hp you can die of them.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter

Evidently coming from someone who's never tried it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

I was boosting my twink friend lvl 70 yesterday on my blood dk. We were going to skip the first boss, but, somehow we got it pulled. We made a quick plan that he'd stay out and try to tank Kalecgos while I went inside. But, he got teleported inside instead of me and died quite fast. I was just going to die but it took way too long, so I just started dpsing the boss. He reached 1% and I automatically got teleported to the guy inside Kalecgos. He was beserking and hit like a truck, but I got him killed, got teleported out and got some epics for my friend ;)

So, it is soloable.
Edited by Neandy on 08/04/2013 11:09 BST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Those slayers attack do a % based of your max hp even with 2m hp you can die of them.

Show me someone who is wasting time on trash when you can mount run to second boss...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
08/04/2013 17:51Posted by Shirei

Show me someone who is wasting time on trash when you can mount run to second boss...

Those, who want to boost their L70 friends, they might clear few trashes as when kaleg is killed too fast he doesn't port your twink friend and you need to move him closer to some of the later bosses.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]