Charms and repetition of content

90 Orc Rogue
Q: I really don't want to do dailies for coins either, why can't we just get them from HC's as well?

A: Actually, not from heroics, but the developers are planning to let you have a chance to earn Lesser Charms of Good Fortune through Pet Battles. Basically, if you win, you'll have a chance of receiving charms based on your pet level.

so now we're forced to pet battle?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
/headdesk
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
No. You're not.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Trolling.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
MoX
Lol at "forced to pet battle", that'd be true if the charms were mandatory.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
0/10
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
19/12/2012 13:03Posted by Beldanor
Trolling.

no not trolling, just asking didnt u see "?"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
19/12/2012 13:00Posted by Crimínal
so now we're forced to pet battle?

yes, a blizzard squad team is at your doorstep as we speak. so better start them pet battles!
Edited by Cleoo on 19/12/2012 13:15 GMT
Reply Quote
95 Night Elf Mage
Sorry, OP, I didn't believe this - "they wouldn't do that!" - when I read it, but you're right, and here's the post, for anyone else wondering:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6160876717?page=2#27
Edited by Gráinne on 19/12/2012 13:20 GMT
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
100 Gnome Mage
But... that means if you don't want to do dailies to get them, then you can do pet battles instead. We can hardly expect to get anything from doing anything. People are wanting gear, JP, VP, coins, experience, and reputation all from dungeons.. I'm glad Blizzard is varying it up a bit.

19/12/2012 13:05Posted by Xunda

Also this.
Edited by Eolien on 19/12/2012 13:40 GMT
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid
You're not at all forced in the slightest. In fact, all the charms do is give you a bonus roll. It's not mandatory for loot, or for raiding. It's a bonus, and this wasn't around until Mists of Pandaria, so what you're complaining about I've no idea. This is a system that, in effect, gives you another completely fresh roll of the die. And you get to do this 3 times in a raid, to my knowledge.

Think of it this way: you're in a dungeon, and you have someone that Needs on all the gear. A piece that benefits you drops, and it doesn't benefit the other person. Now, this person is immortal, is in every single party who PuGs and is more important than you. This person wins the roll by 1, BUT if you want the gear, he will do you a deal: IF you win any of his 3 /roll100's, he will hand over the gear. If not, he keeps it.

That is, in essence, what the coins are doing now. They're resetting the numbers out of 200, and the loot is on a certain one, in a similar fashion to Roulette. You throw the ball into the roulette wheel, and if it lands on a loot tile, you get it. If you land elsewhere, it's gold.

There really is nothing else I can say to you except "it's a bonus, what else do you want, jam on it?". If you hate dailies that's your own fault, and you clearly don't want a certain drop of a few Lesser Charms, than a minor chance you'll get some in a pet battle.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
You're not at all forced in the slightest. In fact, all the charms do is give you a bonus roll. It's not mandatory for loot, or for raiding. It's a bonus, and this wasn't around until Mists of Pandaria, so what you're complaining about I've no idea. This is a system that, in effect, gives you another completely fresh roll of the die. And you get to do this 3 times in a raid, to my knowledge.

Think of it this way: you're in a dungeon, and you have someone that Needs on all the gear. A piece that benefits you drops, and it doesn't benefit the other person. Now, this person is immortal, is in every single party who PuGs and is more important than you. This person wins the roll by 1, BUT if you want the gear, he will do you a deal: IF you win any of his 3 /roll100's, he will hand over the gear. If not, he keeps it.

That is, in essence, what the coins are doing now. They're resetting the numbers out of 200, and the loot is on a certain one, in a similar fashion to Roulette. You throw the ball into the roulette wheel, and if it lands on a loot tile, you get it. If you land elsewhere, it's gold.

There really is nothing else I can say to you except "it's a bonus, what else do you want, jam on it?". If you hate dailies that's your own fault, and you clearly don't want a certain drop of a few Lesser Charms, than a minor chance you'll get some in a pet battle.

Ye instead of tuning loot system properly, they created silly charms...... believe it or not, but rolling was the essence of wow, now it is silly crap, couldn't be worse. They could've tuned it easy way i mean old good system, give "Spec Prior" & "you can't get same gear twice" it prevents all rage and it is still fun. Going Sha is pathetic i went it twice and ofc no loot, i heard people doing it from very begining and still no loot, you even see nothing how u lost by how many points it is total nonsense, not to mention LFR, during cata it was way better, damn i would never expect ill say anything good about cata ....

This game is now for two kind of people
-total no lifes, who plays all day
-newcomers (ofcourse wow will be fun for them even on Mists of Dailies rules)

PS: i'm casual from 2 years i got many things up in real life, i log sometimes to do some dungeon, LFR or screw around with friends, in Mists of dailies there is no life for me, i don't have time to farm charms, do milion of dailies, hence going LFR is like pointless in this case. Unfortunately i think i will not renew my subscription, i love this game, but blizz turned it into some crap.
Edited by Bigbud on 19/12/2012 16:15 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
19/12/2012 13:01Posted by Kiqjaq
/headdesk
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Ye instead of tuning loot system properly, they created silly charms...... believe it or not, but rolling was the essence of wow, now it is silly crap, couldn't be worse. They could've tuned it easy way i mean old good system, give "Spec Prior" & "you can't get same gear twice" it prevents all rage and it is still fun. Going Sha is pathetic i went it twice and ofc no loot, i heard people doing it from very begining and still no loot, you even see nothing how u lost by how many points it is total nonsense, not to mention LFR, during cata it was way better, damn i would never expect ill say anything good about cata ....

You know, rather than upping the potential bonus from 28g 50s to make people feel more like they "won" something, they should get nothing and just accept the fact that killing a boss doesn't mean you get something. We need to get back to playing the game as being the reward in and of itself. At what point did it become all about winning the sweets out of the pinata, rather than trying to break it anyway?
Edited by Jessicka on 19/12/2012 16:33 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Exactly i wanted game to me will be just fun, not gold nor rewards, i really thought MoP would have been this way, but they set this expansion for me personally totally bad. Simple example, during wotlk i could just quickly log in, go WG and have super super super fun, then go VoA also good fun. Now days things suck, mechanics is no fun at all to play.
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Monk
19/12/2012 13:05Posted by Xunda

charm are mandatory if you want to be up to par, if you're lucky you get 3 extra items per week
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Monk
You know, rather than upping the potential bonus from 28g 50s to make people feel more like they "won" something, they should get nothing and just accept the fact that killing a boss doesn't mean you get something. We need to get back to playing the game as being the reward in and of itself. At what point did it become all about winning the sweets out of the pinata, rather than trying to break it anyway?

lol this game was always about getting loot, improving your character and making you addicted sorry.

so you kill same boss 10th time get nothing and you go say oh man I'm super excited to kill him 11th time ?
Edited by Ríkku on 19/12/2012 16:49 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Death Knight
What a freaking retarded idea blizz!
Reply Quote
19/12/2012 16:45Posted by Ríkku
charm are mandatory if you want to be up to par, if you're lucky you get 3 extra items per week

They aren't mandatory though. You can raid just fine without them. Yes, you won't gear as fast (assuming you get items from them relatively often), but it's not going to impact your character in a negative way, other than *perhaps* missing an upgrade (since you don't even have the guarantee you'll get one through the charms).
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Monk
19/12/2012 13:41Posted by Jonní
You're not at all forced in the slightest. In fact, all the charms do is give you a bonus roll. It's not mandatory for loot, or for raiding.

It's a mandatory if you want to be a top notch raider,and you know it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]