Charms and repetition of content

91 Pandaren Priest
19/12/2012 16:52Posted by Ríkku
You're not at all forced in the slightest. In fact, all the charms do is give you a bonus roll. It's not mandatory for loot, or for raiding.

It's a mandatory if you want to be a top notch raider,and you know it.

If you are a top notch raider you would have done plenty of dailies for the reputation and will now be swimming in lesser charms. So I don't see what the problem is with these coins for a 'top notch raider'.
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Priest

They aren't mandatory though. You can raid just fine without them. Yes, you won't gear as fast (assuming you get items from them relatively often), but it's not going to impact your character in a negative way, other than *perhaps* missing an upgrade (since you don't even have the guarantee you'll get one through the charms).

You can say that until your face turns blue (pun intended :P)

However, they sure do FEEL mandatory (for "everyone").

I have 3 chars myself who i cannot take to LFR before i farmed 3x90 lesser charms every week, and im betting many many feels the same way. - And it seems even more like a drag when you are done with the rep part, and have to do all the dailies for charms only ...

Tbh i wish you never introduced them, and a big part of the problem is you can use them for weeks without getting anything else than 28g for all your dailies.

I have give it some thought lately, and i think you could fix it by requiring half the amount for the elder charms quest so you can finish them in one day of you do most of them, and then introduce some alternative way to use them. (not connected to lfr loot)

You know that how you FEEL is your problem.
Reply Quote
91 Pandaren Priest
[quote]...
After I was done with the reps I stopped doing the dailies too (except for the one giving an Ironpaw token) and I still have... lets see... 1303 lesser charms saved up. So even if I don't touch another daily until April 2013, I should have enough lesser charms to get my bonus rolls every week.

Well you sure must have done a lot of dailies - i think the most # of lesser charms i have had before turning in that week is about 150, so i dont get how you got that many unless you didnt turn in any for elder charms. And mind you, two nights of farming every week might be acceptable for 1 char, but 3? >.>

If you are so obsessed with getting the best gear possible you would have done more dailies for the reputation rewards already. You clearly didn't so saying dailies/pet battles is mandatory to get lesser charms for you because you NEED to have the best gear possible is one big joke.

I turn them in every week and I had/have around 800 of them while I haven't done that many dailies for more than a month now. Since patch 5.1 I have only done the shieldwall dailies and not even every day.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

If you're a top notch raider, you'll be clearing content quickly enough that your gear is always ahead of the curve from raid drops alone and you wont need charms or even VPs to catch up or ease progression.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
This game is now for two kind of people
-total no lifes, who plays all day
-newcomers (ofcourse wow will be fun for them even on Mists of Dailies rules)

How can the target group be both those who play the most and those who play the least but not all the players in between that? Doesn't make much sense.

If you are a "top notch" raider you should get your gear from normals rather fast (and then HCs) so why do you still need to bonus roll on stuff you don't need?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
20/12/2012 09:42Posted by Drazzil
Well you sure must have done a lot of dailies - i think the most # of lesser charms i have had before turning in that week is about 150, so i dont get how you got that many unless you didnt turn in any for elder charms.

Okay, I started late this expansion (came back to the game early November I think), so there are a few MoP weeks I skipped, but I know many people who didn't and still have a lot more charms than I do.
Today (guess it can vary a bit) I see 16 Golden Lotus, 8 Klaxxi, 5 Shado-Pan, 3 Anglers, 3 August Celestials, 1 Lorewalkers, 7 Cloud Serpent, 7 Tillers and 6 Operation: Shieldwall dailies. That's 50+ dailies, most of them giving 2 charms. No one is saying you have to do them all, but you could if you wanted to. So that would conservatively be ~80 charms a day I guess. Again, if you wanted to. And I don't mind doing dailies in the slightest, so many days I did do all dailies available to me.

But I don't envy anyone who feels they need to do all that simultaneously on multiple characters.
Edited by Muktahl on 20/12/2012 10:34 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

And top notch raiders will do ANYTHING to be top notch, and you know it.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
There's a lot of things in this game that aren't considered mandatory to progress, though effectively end up being perceived, quite rightly, as mandatory by a number of players simply because they greatly ease a particular process.

Still, pet battles being more rewarding isn't necessarily a bad thing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
and yet another silly thread about a player thinking doing dailies etc is mandatory to receive these charms, rofl, nothing about this game is mandatory, u either do the dailies because u like to or u don't, its that simple, i for one don't really use the charms as they only usually give me gold when i roll need, lol and as far as pet battles are concerned, not mandatory either, rofl, many of us just love to do pet battles because we love our little friends, are avid collectors and now have been given a chance to liven up their existance, once again, if u do not like it then don't do it, its that simple, NOTHING IN THIS GAME IS MANDATORY

[quote="62001124414"]It's a mandatory if you want to be a top notch raider,and you know it.[/quote

/facepalm

the charms do not guarantee that u will receive an upgrade, its just a possibility based upon luck, u might have a long face grinding these dailies, end up getting ur charms, enter ur raid and end up with nothing for that week, the next and the next, so whether the charms help u gear up quicker, for those who r lucky, others may not be so lucky, nothing in this game is mandatory
Edited by Roselight on 20/12/2012 10:50 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock

No. It's only mandatory if you think you are a top raider by doing LFR.
Top guilds cleared normal before raid finder even was released, so stop using the "top raider" argument.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight

If you want to be a top notch raider, you should be willing to do everything within your reach to achieve that, inside and outside of raids. Im guessing farming food and herbs to make feasts and flasks is something you expect others to do for you then
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
Shh... wanna know a secret? Listen then... here it come... DAILIES ISN'T MANDATORY!
Shh... wanna know something else? Listen now... okay... PET BATTLES AINT GONNA BE NEITHER!
They are giving you more freaking options how to receive the same currency by doing multiple things... that's improvement, not forcing you to do anything.
And no matter how much you twist and turn it, you'll never be forced to do stuff like dailies.

"But I want to stay competetive so my guild can progress."
Most REAL competetive raiding guilds cleared normal before mogu were released in LFR...
If your guild is number 2046 or 2047 isn't really gonna do the big difference. Christ... just had to let it out
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Shh... wanna know a secret? Listen then... here it come... DAILIES ISN'T MANDATORY!
Shh... wanna know something else? Listen now... okay... PET BATTLES AINT GONNA BE NEITHER!
They are giving you more freaking options how to receive the same currency by doing multiple things... that's improvement, not forcing you to do anything.
And no matter how much you twist and turn it, you'll never be forced to do stuff like dailies.

"But I want to stay competetive so my guild can progress."
Most REAL competetive raiding guilds cleared normal before mogu were released in LFR...
If your guild is number 2046 or 2047 isn't really gonna do the big difference. Christ... just had to let it out

You're right in most circles.

You're wrong in some circles.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
19/12/2012 16:51Posted by Draztal
They aren't mandatory though. You can raid just fine without them. Yes, you won't gear as fast (assuming you get items from them relatively often), but it's not going to impact your character in a negative way, other than *perhaps* missing an upgrade (since you don't even have the guarantee you'll get one through the charms).

There indeed not mandatory and what people are saying about they are "forced" to do them is just BS.
BUT! Just like what the problem was before, you're limiting the choices one can make to gain these items. It's either do loads of dailies or now do pet battles.

What I wonder is, why can you earn an PvE Currency with something that has nothing to do with PvE? Give more choices to obtain them! Even if they are for example really rare it would still be really nice just to earn some of them by doing what you love! I really think this isn't a fix or an extra for some people cause again it's really limited in the way you can get these.

Again, I agree there not mandatory at all but why make it so that only a really small selectiv group will actually like it. I think the way of Cata by earning them with HCs isnt what you guys are planning but why don't make it so that you can earn them everywhere just like the Motes of Harmony? Just make the drop chance really small, people uselly don't care, as long as they have a range of choices they can make and are not limited in the way they would like to earn them.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
WTF, are the charms usable in normal raids? Or are people severely stupid thinking LFR has been farmed by high end raiders?
Reply Quote
93 Human Paladin

You know that how you FEEL is your problem.

Clearly.

However, if 90% of the player base (pulling numbers out of my *** here) feels the same way that is definitly a problem.
Reply Quote
93 Human Paladin
20/12/2012 12:06Posted by Sporck
WTF, are the charms usable in normal raids? Or are people severely stupid thinking LFR has been farmed by high end raiders?

You are correct.

They do not only work in LFR, and LFR is farmed by high-end raiders to gear up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]