Charms and repetition of content

90 Human Hunter

so now we're forced to pet battle?

What a stupid response. Considering its just an alternative to the way you can get them now. Don't like petbattles then do the dailies?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue

What a stupid response. Considering its just an alternative to the way you can get them now. Don't like petbattles then do the dailies?

It is an alternative to the way you can get them but...I dont like pet battle etc just waste of time srs. And im so glad im already exalted with some factions so i dont have to do dem dailys anymore.

Yes charms are mandatory if u wanna gear up in raids or use it when at world boss's.

I dont remember getting an item from raids without using Charms.
I've been killing Sha for 3 weeks now.. even im using charms.. still getting gold. can you expalin this to me?
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Blizzard should just place a button with a sign that says "Push me for free Charms". Only way some people will be happy.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
20/12/2012 12:32Posted by Crimínal
Yes charms are mandatory if u wanna gear up in raids or use it when at world boss's.

I feel you're confusing the words 'mandatory' and 'useful'. Coins are mandatory for raid progression in the same way that buying 509 gear from the BMAH for 999,999gc is mandatory. That way being not mandatory.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

I feel you're confusing the words 'mandatory' and 'useful'. Coins are mandatory for raid progression in the same way that buying 509 gear from the BMAH for 999,999gc is mandatory. That way being not mandatory.

On the other hand that point of view depends on accessibility.

Most players dont have access to 999,999g - but if that gear cost 999g i can assure you a great deal of players would feel it was mandatory to buy it to start raiding.
Edited by Drazzil on 20/12/2012 13:29 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
20/12/2012 12:39Posted by Torsdag
Blizzard should just place a button with a sign that says "Push me for free Charms". Only way some people will be happy.

No, All we want is:

Remove dailys.
Give us tabards to get rep
Gain 2 charms every bg/instance u do.
=
profitttt?

Playing a game is for fun. So u forget rl and enjoy the game with friends.
Unfortunately some ppl see it as full time job.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

I'm sorry,whut? Charms are in no way shape or form mandatory.

Definition of Mandatory:
Adjective
Required by law or rules; compulsory: Driving on the left side of the road is mandatory.(in my country anyway :D)

I dont see Blizzards ToS stating anywhere that evey player must get and use Elder Charms of Good Fortune on a weekly basis.Besides you get an extra roll,thats it, and might I add even then the chance is pretty slim of getting gear.I've had 3 charms a week for 4 weeks now and not even one has given me gear.

I think the pet battles idea is quite nice,lets be honest there isnt much of a reward for pet battling atm(that I know of) this will also solve that problem to some degree.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Driving on the left side of the road is mandatory.(in my country anyway :D)

BIZZAROLAND!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I've been killing Sha for 3 weeks now.

You want loot every third/fourth time you run something? Its called random for a reason..
Reply Quote
This game is now for two kind of people
-total no lifes, who plays all day
-newcomers (ofcourse wow will be fun for them even on Mists of Dailies rules)

How can the target group be both those who play the most and those who play the least but not all the players in between that? Doesn't make much sense.

Actually, it is a rather common complaint that MMO designers - and specifically Blizzard - have over the years catered more and more to the so-called hardcore players (in WoW's case, the Raiders and most notably the World First crowd) and the 'casual*' players or more accurately 'people who don't realize they don't like playing MMO's and so welcome every freebie and nerf as a matter of principle' .

For the general trend, I can refer you to Massively:

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/08/14/the-soapbox-the-demise-of-the-core-gamer/

Of course, that article was from before the landmark mission statements and market observations by the makers of EverQuest (SOE) , so one could argue things have shaped up a bit again, at least where the 'talk' part is concerned..

*casual being actually more about being able to set your own pace, without excessive time-gating and Group-requirements etc. mechanics, than anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
Posted by Crimínal

You want loot every third/fourth time you run something? Its called random for a reason..

So what are you saying now? what kind of !!@@!! is this? killing world boss getting gold over and over again is not fun at all.. After very sha kill i see ppl in chat saysing they get an item which they dont even need. and i look at my char..i could have use'd that item.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
So what? Have patience. You will get things eventually. I haven't seen a drop from Sha in like 2 months, doesn't mean I cry about it anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
It is mandatory to buy a loaf of bread from your bakers whenever you walk past remember.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Playing a game is for fun. So u forget rl and enjoy the game with friends.
Unfortunately some ppl see it as full time job.

Full time job?
You get 2 charms per daily, on average.
You need 90 each week, wich means u need to do 45 dailies a week wich is aproximatly 7 dailies a day.
7 dailies take hardly more than 15 min to complete by yourself, probably even less if u are in a group (unless u play healer only specs but even so u can group so it is still very litle time)

So on top of them not being mandatory, if you really want the charms they are quick as hell to get.
Edited by Darknuno on 20/12/2012 14:01 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
20/12/2012 13:48Posted by Torsdag
So what? Have patience. You will get things eventually. I haven't seen a drop from Sha in like 2 months, doesn't mean I cry about it anyways.

nobody is crying
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
19/12/2012 13:00Posted by Crimínal

People been using the word "Forced" way too much lately, you have a choise, no one is forcing anyone to do anything, you can do anything you want.

Just because you can gain from doing something does that mean you are forced to gain that? i myself haven't spent much time at lvl90 except for right after mop release, i haven't at all feel i have been forced to do anything, i lvl, i play with friends, i do heroics now and then, i raid here and there, but i have never ever felt like i was forced to do it.

AMAGAD YOU CAN UPPGRADE GEAR NOW, IAM FORCED TO UPPGRADE! yeah.. if you want the uppgrade, you farm for it, if you want the uppgrade that much that you are willing to farm for it, that is your choise, blizzard did not say that since you now can uppgrade your gear, you have to.

Regardless, on topic, i don't mind a little more reward from pet battles even though i havent really done much of it, i just haven't had any time yet.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
19/12/2012 16:51Posted by Draztal
charm are mandatory if you want to be up to par, if you're lucky you get 3 extra items per week

They aren't mandatory though. You can raid just fine without them. Yes, you won't gear as fast (assuming you get items from them relatively often), but it's not going to impact your character in a negative way, other than *perhaps* missing an upgrade (since you don't even have the guarantee you'll get one through the charms).

i myself have had atleast 9 tokens, and never gotten anything else then gold, i might be unlucky, but just sayin, it's not the end of the world of you don't gather coins, havent made much diffrence to me anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Posted by Crimínal

So what are you saying now? what kind of !!@@!! is this? killing world boss getting gold over and over again is not fun at all..

Statistically you're supposed to get gold off of them. Just be happy there is a small chance of getting an item.

20/12/2012 13:44Posted by Crimínal
After very sha kill i see ppl in chat saysing they get an item which they dont even need. and i look at my char..i could have use'd that item.

I get how that may seem annoying, but you have to remember that them getting an item or not is independent from you not getting an item. The alternative to them getting an item is not you getting that item, it's just them not getting that item. Would you prefer going back to DS LFR where, even if you were the only rogue in the raid, you could (and more often than not, would) lose that great MH to some hunter who had better weapons already anyway?

If you want manual loot distribution, go do normal raids. I think the LFR raid situation is great as it is. An insane step up from the pre-MoP LFR at the very least. And if they added a way to select for what tree you would be able to receive loot before queuing without having to spec that tree I would call it damn near perfect.
Edited by Muktahl on 20/12/2012 14:14 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Rogue
^
true words
Edited by Crimínal on 20/12/2012 14:17 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
No, All I want is:

Fixed it for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]