Randomly suspended for "BG Exploit"?

(Locked)

90 Human Warrior
I was farming honor for 2 days (obviously with breaks and sleep) without any exploit or bot and I get suspended last night for using an exploit but I have no idea what it is about.

Account Name: WOW3
Type of Violation: PvP Arena/Battleground Exploitation
Details of Incident: Exploitation of PvP Battlegrounds and the honor system
Consequences for Account: Account suspended for 3 hours

Greetings,

This account has recently been identified as being involved in actions deemed inappropriate for World of Warcraft.

This may include, but is not limited to the following:
* Use of add-ons, "mods", external hardware, or any unapproved third party software to automate gameplay.
* Abuse of game mechanics or "bugs".
* Any behaviour that has been found to be outside the intent of the game.

This action has been taken in accordance with the World of Warcraft Terms of Use and our game policies.

Any further inappropriate behaviour could result in penalties ranging from a temporary suspension to account closure, and may also include the loss of any rewards the exploitive character has received.

For any disputes of this action or further information on Exploitive Activity, please visit the Exploitative Activity FAQ and contact page here:

To maintain the integrity of our investigation methods, we will be unable to disclose the specifics of our investigation methods. Thank you for your time and for understanding our position in this matter.

Regards,

Customer Services
Blizzard Entertainment Europe

Is there a bug that I don't know about? I only started playing again recently. :(
60 Draenei Death Knight
Something tells me this is a scam, what is the e-mail address? That this message is using?
because Blizzard will ban you and then send you a e-mail.

Has the account been banned yet?
Edited by Rhysééta on 21/12/2012 14:34 GMT
90 Tauren Paladin
Something tells me this is a scam, what is the e-mail address? That this message is using?

That is exactly what happened, he got a 3 hour suspension.

Looks like a very standard account penalty e-mail to me, even includes the account name, though it's one of the post-battle.net account names.
60 Draenei Death Knight
Yes, but Is that after the e-mail or before?
90 Tauren Paladin
21/12/2012 14:40Posted by Rhysééta
Yes, but Is that after the e-mail or before?

Unknown, but there is nothing in his post to suggest otherwise, he didn't say he got banned but could still play or anything like that, just that he doesn't think he did anything wrong.

Back in the day i believe if you had enough report AFK votes against you, you would eventually get a short ban like this, even if you did clear the AFK tag every time you got it.
90 Human Warrior
This happens if you don't cast any spells in battlegrounds.
90 Tauren Paladin
21/12/2012 15:46Posted by Glorious
This happens if you don't cast any spells in battlegrounds.

Poor rogues and warriors :(
90 Human Warrior

This is not a scam. The account was banned, yes.

I simply asked them to tell me what I did exactly so I could avoid doing it again. I did not ask for the suspension to be removed in any way and this is what reply I received.

Thank you for your follow-up email regarding your WoW account. This was issued a 3-hour suspension and may have had Honor-related items removed after a Blizzard Entertainment investigation produced evidence indicating the account had participated in activities designed to gain an unfair advantage in the World of Warcraft Honor system. Upon further review, we have determined that our original findings were accurate and the action was in line with our current policies.

Please take a moment to review the World of Warcraft Terms of Use (http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/about/termsofuse.html). You may not use or exploit errors in design to obtain a competitive advantage over other players. This includes activities such as automating play to prevent a character from being removed from a Battleground due to non-participation.

Please review our in-game penalties policy (http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/account-penalties) for more information on account actions.

Regards,
Game Master Stysamia
Blizzard Entertainment

I haven't been AFKing throughout the BGs. Maybe I was AFK for up to 1 minute but I never AFK'd without playing at all which was really difficult considering BGs are filled with bots these days. I might have missed it but nothing was removed. Would be nice to get a human respond instead of a copy/paste message. :(
90 Tauren Paladin
21/12/2012 16:54Posted by Zeus
I haven't been AFKing throughout the BGs. Maybe I was AFK for up to 1 minute but I never AFK'd without playing at all which was really difficult considering BGs are filled with bots these days. I might have missed it but nothing was removed. Would be nice to get a human respond instead of a copy/paste message. :(

It was a human response, there's just nothing else to tell you, so there's no point in writing the exact same thing, but with possible typos and other grammatical errors.

They will not go into any further detail about your suspensions, you can appeal it, and they will investigate the ban again, but they will not be any more specific than they already have been.
90 Human Warrior
21/12/2012 17:37Posted by Fiskerdin

It was a human response, there's just nothing else to tell you, so there's no point in writing the exact same thing, but with possible typos and other grammatical errors.

They will not go into any further detail about your suspensions, you can appeal it, and they will investigate the ban again, but they will not be any more specific than they already have been.

So how can I avoid doing whatever I did?
90 Tauren Paladin
21/12/2012 17:46Posted by Zeus
So how can I avoid doing whatever I did?

You can't.

But if it is due to what i suggested earlier, making sure you don't get reported for AFK'ing is a good idea, so that means you'll probably want to stick with the group, and be as active as you possibly can.
90 Gnome Rogue
Meanwhile, Bots are going strong, and innocent players are getting banned.

Thumbs up, Blizzard. You sure know how to keep your customers.
90 Tauren Paladin
Meanwhile, Bots are going strong, and innocent players are getting banned.

Thumbs up, Blizzard. You sure know how to keep your customers.

That's alright, if we're to go by the assumptions in your post, then noone is ever cheating or in any way violating the rules.

I thought that would make you happy :(
90 Worgen Druid
Wait so you get a 3 hour ban for botting if the email stands correct.. no wonder theres so many..
90 Gnome Rogue
21/12/2012 18:19Posted by Fiskerdin
That's alright, if we're to go by the assumptions in your post, then noone is ever cheating or in any way violating the rules.

I never said that, now did I.
21/12/2012 18:23Posted by Sam
Wait so you get a 3 hour ban for botting if the email stands correct.. no wonder theres so many..

I like your gear. ._.
90 Tauren Paladin
21/12/2012 18:43Posted by Schnuffel

I never said that, now did I.

Sure you did, otherwise who do you think will admit to cheating if saying the opposite proves you're innocent?
90 Human Warrior

I did not bot so don't even start this. If I really botted I wouldn't make a big deal out of it and be happy that I got away with a 3 hour ban and not do it again.
There is no need to be arrogant simply because you did never receive a ban for nothing. There have been many cases where Blizzard has banned for no reason at all and did not bother commenting on the reason in detail. Try to be objective instead of cheering for Blizzard for every ban assuming that everyone around you is botting their hearts out.

And please don't start an argument here about the bots. Yeah it is completely unfair that I get a ban for no reason at all. I have played this game since start of TBC and know very well what exploiting or cheating is in this game so refrain from stating that 'we all' except of course you violate the terms.

I haven't entered any BG anymore since I have no idea what banned me and I don't want to give Blizzard a reason to temporary close my account since I know how well their customer service communications.

And Fiskerdin, it isn't the players who have to prove that they are innocent, it is Blizzard who has to prove they are guilty, otherwise it doesn't really make any sense does it? That's ignoring the fact that most of the time 'guilty' WoW players don't make a thread saying they got banned for no reason and believe me, I know many.

Nonetheless using third party software gives a permanent ban without any warnings which means I could not have gotten banned for botting. This leaves me to the conclusion that Blizzard bans anyone who gets reported without any evidence or they apparently started banning players who don't participate in the BG like their life depends on it. I guess we will never know.
90 Gnome Rogue
21/12/2012 18:46Posted by Fiskerdin
Sure you did, otherwise who do you think will admit to cheating if saying the opposite proves you're innocent?

What?
90 Pandaren Monk

Penalty volcano. No one in his serious mind would permaban a possible botter outright, particularly considering that there are false positives.

Edit: grammar
Edited by Szechuan on 21/12/2012 19:42 GMT
90 Draenei Paladin
Not sure if you were aware this shouldn't be discussed on the forums

This category includes:
- Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM)
- Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums
(Quoted From: http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct#discipline)

Any action taken against accounts is between the account holder and Blizzard and shouldn't really be discussed on the forums, you are risking a further suspension if they pick up on it.

As it has been said, if you are not happy with it you can appeal it, but it seems you have already and they have upheld the reasons for it - I can understand that you are unsure as to why, but they wouldn't apply a suspension for nothing.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]