why do people rp?

(Locked)

- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
The Guinness book of World Records just called...

Biggest Fail Attempt !

0/9000.
79 Tauren Druid
The Guinness book of World Records just called...

Biggest Fail Attempt !

0/9000.

what?

im quite serious, rping is beyond stupid and i dont get why people even think its slightly funny, its annoying and really retarded.
90 Human Paladin
And the biggest load of bull comes from a bull.
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
28/12/2012 03:11Posted by Cowabungo
its annoying and really retarded.

Are we talking about RP or your choice of name ?
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
I know, you're just jealous because you can't do any decent amount of roleplay. :-)
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
Okay I'll bite.

You do realise World of Warcraft is labelled an MMORPG. People enjoy RPing and it's something different that can actually be quite fun. If you have never done it or tried it more than on a level 1... you really can't have that much of an opinion on it.
Edited by Eolien on 28/12/2012 03:19 GMT
79 Tauren Druid
28/12/2012 03:18Posted by Zazkya
I know, you're just jealous because you can't do any decent amount of roleplay. :-)

i wouldnt roleplay even if i was forced, its ridiculous.
29 Night Elf Hunter
28/12/2012 03:11Posted by Cowabungo
im quite serious, rping is beyond stupid and i dont get why people even think its slightly funny, its annoying and really retarded.

Loads of people find playing WoW to be incredibly nerdy and beyond stupid, they don't get why anyone would waste their time playing a computer game when they could be outside having a real life, yet here we are...

I'm sure you're a troll, but in case you're not there's this little thing called different interests.
79 Tauren Druid
Okay I'll bite.

You do realise World of Warcraft is labelled an MMORPG. People enjoy RPing and it's something different that can actually be quite fun. If you have never done it or tried it more than on a level 1... you really can't have that much of an opinion on it.

ofc i dont want to rp, im not a retarded guy who can easily be amuzed by pretending that my character actually is someone, and the concept itself is really stupid.

what i dont understand is why people do it, its not even fun the slightest -_-
79 Tauren Druid
28/12/2012 03:19Posted by Elisheva

Loads of people playing WoW to be incredibly nerdy and beyond stupid,

way to put words into my mouth
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
Continuing this conversation with the OP is like talking to a rock.

(I'm out).
79 Tauren Druid
Continuing this conversation with the OP is like talking to a rock.

(I'm out).

like a wise man once said, talking to a rock is smart, you can learn the truth behind yourself.
29 Night Elf Hunter
It's true, though. Way to skip the point of my post by the way. I answered your question quite clearly: Different. Interests.

Just because YOU don't like it or find it fun, doesn't mean that everyone feels that way.
79 Tauren Druid
It's true, though. Way to skip the point of my post by the way. I answered your question quite clearly: Different. Interests.

Just because YOU don't like it or find it fun, doesn't mean that everyone feels that way.

but its so silly, why do people even do it??
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage

Once again.. because of different of interests. Not everyone likes the same things you do and they like things you may not... that's how life goes and how life always will go.
79 Tauren Druid

Once again.. because of different of interests. Not everyone likes the same things you do and they like things you may not... that's how life goes and how life always will go.

But how can people like rping? thats like liking to take out the trash.
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
28/12/2012 03:30Posted by Eolien
Once again.

28/12/2012 03:24Posted by Zazkya
(I'm out).

Be wise, follow my example.
79 Tauren Druid
28/12/2012 03:36Posted by Zazkya
Once again.

(I'm out).

Be wise, follow my example.

but you are still here
90 Troll Warrior
28/12/2012 03:21Posted by Cowabungo
ofc i dont want to rp, im not a retarded guy who can easily be amuzed by pretending that my character actually is someone, and the concept itself is really stupid.

Think of it like writing a book, most writers enjoy writing, thats why they do it. Tolkien was a lecturer. RP, is creative writing, in a community effort, where other peoples tidbits effect the ongoing story of a characters life, and said story effects other stories, to create an entire universe, each and every RPer is in a million stories, even if its just as the guy at the back of the bar. RP is a story, a story all RPers write, together.

I hope that explains the subject of Role Playing, in an elegant manner, its not just pretending to be a character, its being a part of something bigger.
Edited by Zukraph on 28/12/2012 03:40 GMT
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]