Need a better way to get justice points

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Since 5.2 we once again have a use for justice points to upgrade blue 463 gear to 471 ilvl with 1500Jp per piece of gear.
It seems currently the fastest way to farm justice points to upgrade PVE gear is by doing PVP.

As it is now each heroic boss gives 35Jp, thats 140Jp from a heroic with 4 bosses, that means you need to farm 11 (4boss) heroics to upgrade 1 piece of gear, this means IF my alt gets lucky in LFR and i want to upgrade 10 blue's i need to do 110 (4boss) heroics.
If you are unlucky and got 16 blue items it takes 176 heroics :'(

They already added the ability for scenario bags to drop Jp, but i was amazed when instead of the random generated blue i got a whopping 30Jp bonus and no item, what a tradeoff.

Please make random heroics give the Jp bonus it use to give after the Vp cap got reached, like it is now farming Jp trough dungeons is stupid, and running around in bg's with blue pve gear isn't gonna win me much games, and will probably anoy the real pvp'ers.

Or do you want pve'ers to bot bg's to get the upgrades? We already have enough of those i think, don't need more.
Edited by Synobia on 16/12/2012 15:32 GMT
Reply Quote
87 Human Mage
I agree, it seems there isn't enough ways to get JP anymore, especialy since while levelling you don't seem to always get bonus JP like you used to do.

Before you come out and say "Who needs JP? VP is more important." remember that also alot of items that can be used for "mogging" require JP to buy.

I have two suggestions:

Allow us the choice whether to get JP or VP from instances (including bonus points after completion). Something you can toggle in the UI would be nice.

Allow us to buy JP with VP from the vendors. maybe a 3:1 ratio to make it worth it, i.e 100 VP buys 300 JP.
Reply Quote
3 Gnome Rogue
farm Arena of Annihilation scenario. You can do it in 5 min (ok maybe a little longer with bad group) and if you select 'specific scenario' rather than random you get 70 JP as a reward instead of any VP. Queue is pretty much instant right now.

The only downside if how repetitive and boring this scenario is if you do it a few times in a row... maybe there are other fast scenarios - then you could check them too so it would be kind of random and maybe less boring.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
Give JP and VP rewards at the end of scenarios and heroics. Those crappy boxes containing 30g arent a big enough incentive to go help other people.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
i agree that if you've capped your valor for the week then heroics should give JP on completion. maybe scenarios and dailies at a push could also get that bonus.

JP accumulation really needs a push atm.
Reply Quote
Community
There are some changes planned for 5.2, for example, we would like to make Valor points convert to Justice as long as you’re Valor capped.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Warlock
Can we have Justice/Honor trade goods back?
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
17/12/2012 16:32Posted by Taepsilum
There are some changes planned for 5.2, for example, we would like to make Valor points convert to Justice as long as you’re Valor capped.

This helps a little, but is not of much use.

As the OP says, it's much faster to do PVP and convert honor points to justice, which is an absurd situation; the amount of JP offered per boss needs to be significantly increased.
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
That's a way after you are justice-capped, but since MoP it is not as easy as before to get justice capped if you are also other things doing.

Instead the best solution would be every time you get a Valor Point, you also get a Justice Point. Naturally you don't get a Valor Point if you get Justice Points (with killing bosses for example).

If this is too complicated to create, an increase of Justice Points from bosses is also a possible solution; 2 times as now is even low, but does not force player to do pvp to get them.
Reply Quote
75 Draenei Mage
This also impacts the heirloom sets (I found it easier to grind darkmoon tickets for my plate chest, for example) and any old 85 purple jp gear, some of which is really nice for transmog, such as the cloaks, and you won't find much that tops the Balespider robe for locks up to 90.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin

That seems pretty pointless since one want to upgrade items with Justice points.. And when is one get capped with VP, so why not use them to upgrade the gear with them?
Aka when i have enough VP, i spend them for epic gear thus JP upgrades are pointless because theres nothing to upgrade right?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue

I hope that's not the only planned new way to obtain them? I'm thinking of more casual players, who often don't cap their Valor points, playing generally at the slower pace, yet still putting effort in their gear, etc. (Note: I'm -not- asking to have everything given on a silver platter, that'd be boring, what would I do afterwards? Just for JPs to be -a bit- easier to obtain for less "hardcore" players as well.)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
what blizz should do is when u hit your VP'S CAP any daily's you do you are giving JP's and gives u some think to farm when your max rep and caped VP'S
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I'm more concerned with JP earnings for old sets for mogging really on alts...the low earnings of JP affects more than just upgrading gear.

And, Mr Blue, that wouldn't help many of us since not everyone caps VP each week...I haven't been able to bring myself to grind VP cap in ages, despite doing dailies for 2 factions each day, raiding and LFR. I play the amount I want (which is a lot) and still can't cap VP. Thinking I'd be able to cap VP to earn JP faster on ALTS, is a dream...

Reduce the cost of old JP vendor items/HP items and/or increase the JP earned from bosses.
Edited by Rorcanna on 17/12/2012 18:42 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
One method I figured out was to get a couple of friends and go to Dalaran -> portal to Caverns of Time -> run all Hour of Twilight Heroics, then fly to Uldum and run all the Heroics there.

I believe each boss is still worth 77 JP with the guild perk, and the instances can be burst through super fast at 90.
In total, we're looking at 9 HoT, 7 HoO, 3 VP and 4 Lost City bosses. 23x77 = 1771 JP each day you do this, or 1610 without guild perks.
The problem, of course, is actually finding people to run them with. :/
Edited by Isseit on 17/12/2012 18:57 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Here's the problem with almost everything you've done wrong in MoP.

It's great that you realise that this is a big problem and want to fix it. But 5.2? We should not need to wait so long for such a needed and simple fix. You've had a very similar system before, it can't possibly be hard to implement it again.

Things like this need to be hotfixed right away, you are ruining the gaming experience for casuals by not fixing this among many other problems. Personally I'm not affected by this in any way but it's ridiculous to not fix this at ONCE.
Reply Quote
Just bring back the JP after the VP are capped in random dungeon.
And increasing the JP per boss/random run wouldn't be bad either, it's way too low if you want to buy heirlooms.
It is way worst than what some people said about farming JP to upgrade items.
Right now the rate that normal people, that don't spend their entire time doing random dungeons, is way too low
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue

Just a quick question, but is it intended that you get more JP if you queue for specific scenarios than if you queued for random?
Specific gives my 84 while random gives me about 20, even if I'm not JP capped.

On that note queueing for specific scenarios gives you quick justice points!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

To be honest this doesn't seem to cut it. I am never at the valour cap and I don't do enough content every day to get anywhere near enough VP for such a convert. I work nights and have family, boyfriend and friend commitments.
The bosses do not award enough Justice Points when you have already earned your maximum VP and I think it's just daft especially since I still own some blue gear that need's an upgrade until I find a replacement. There is a lot of use for Justice Points and it just seems that the time investment to gain them is a tad too high.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
What I find really odd is that you can get Valor points just by running dailies solo, yet for Justice points it is rather mandatory to run group content, either Scenarios or 5m heroics.

Each daily that gives 5 Valor Points should also reward player 10 Justice points!

Another thing is that 1500 JP is just an absurd amount of points for an item upgrade of rare quality.

Lower that amount to the 1/4 or 1/3 of a price of the corresponding item.

I would also like if every non repeatable quest would give player 1 or maybe 2 Justice Points, unless quest is "grey" in terms of difficulty.

It would be nice if those (greater) charms player get by dailies would also allow him to trade them for JP.

Another idea is to give every primary profession a JP "generator" item.

Revered / Exalted Faction's tabards could also help increasing Justice points for doing faction dailies.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]