Need a better way to get justice points

90 Blood Elf Hunter
17/12/2012 18:08Posted by Blaithe
I'm thinking of more casual players, who often don't cap their Valor points, playing generally at the slower pace

Omg so people that dont cap VP very week is a casual player have every hear of something call work and school that most stupied thing have hear in year.

Honest JP have become the VP ingame that mean it is hard to get JP then VP blizzard have made big misstake for in both Lich king and Cata it was easy to JP which should be by now it other way around and that sucks on way to get JP now is HC or Scenarios.

Honest blizzard why do you guys even have blue gear selling for JP when you hard get any JP form PvE as OP say in this post only way to obtain JP now days is through PvP other you add JP to normal dungeon in MoP so we can obtain some while we are lvl up or just simple remove JP all toagther for as it now it is just stupied.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I have always seen Justice Points as the "casual" currency, Valor is for getting the upgrades when you're facing bad luck in LFR and dungeons, but JPs are for boosting your iLvl in order to get to heroics faster.
The system as it is right now, is way too grindy. Killing over 20 bosses for one piece of heirlooms, is !@#$ing boring. The dungeons are fun, but you're making us over do them. Especially, when the rewards for doing them feel so insigificant.
I just hit level 90 on this character, managed to somehow get valor capped and doing dungeons right now feels like a waste of time, as I get 29g for queueing for them. And the dailies still give me valor points, I don't get to use at all, because I'm valor capped.

From suggestions I've got from other players, I should level up a new character and stop xp gain at level 84-85, and do Cata dungeons over and over, because that would be a better and faster way of earning JPs, and that just feels so wrong for an MMO. JPs are supposed to be relevant at level 90, but why is it faster to get them at level 85 than at 90?
The rate of JPs shouldn't change at all between 85 and 90. Definitely not get worse.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
Why not add a 10 Justice Points reward to doing the dailies aswell?

It would make the dailies a bit more interesting for people who need to upgrade their blues, and still want to do dailies for rep-based epic gear, without making it mandatory, and very time consuming, to do both dailies and perhaps 5 HC's a day to get blue upgraded?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
17/12/2012 16:32Posted by Taepsilum
There are some changes planned for 5.2, for example, we would like to make Valor points convert to Justice as long as you’re Valor capped.

I'd say this is an excellent start. It's very easy to cap the weekly valour gain within a few days so having those extra gains for the remainder of the week convert to JP rather than just disappear would be welcome.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
There are some changes planned for 5.2, for example, we would like to make Valor points convert to Justice as long as you’re Valor capped.

MY CHRISTMAS WISH IS GRANTED! <3

you boy, take this shiny penny and buy the biggest turkey you can find!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
17/12/2012 16:39Posted by Rivianwolf
Can we have Justice/Honor trade goods back?

this. or at least something to vent JP on since any serious raider cares little to none about JP.
Edited by Linked on 18/12/2012 09:40 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
Nimyla: I get the feeling that you have read my post as "bashing" the casual/not hardcore players - which wasn't my intent whatsoever, sorry if it seemed like that.
(heck, I am one myself, why would I do it?)

What I meant was just stating a fact that we usually don't cap our VPs and such, so alternate way to get JPs would be useful for us.

I think that, suggested earlier, dailies giving 10 JPs next to 5 VPs is a good idea, maybe coupled with lowering the JP cost of level 90 blue gear and its upgrades, as well as blue 5 man HC drops. (And heirlooms? Though that would probably require the adjustment of JPs earned by characters capped at level 85.)
Edited by Blaithe on 18/12/2012 12:57 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
This would be useless change. You have to make Justice points account wide or at least add some stuff vendors. If its intended in case one gets capped Valor Points on alts? Makes totally no sense at all, most players barely cap mains.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

If you are getting capped on VP, probably because you don't need to spend them anywhere, you're not in a position where you need JP for anything at all.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
So, you need to farm a 1000 weekly Vp cap on an alt just to be able to start farming Jp at a decent pace. Sounds like a nice way to spend 2 days worth of playtime for alot of people (not me i'll get it in a day)

While your at it, fix Jp vendors that give 458 gear for 1750 or 2200 Jp.
Seriously, by the time you ever have that amount of Jp you won't need any of the gear they sell.
Now even less when you can spend it on upgrades.

Someone didn't think all of this Jp crap trough.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well ...i would like for the dailies to give JP after you are VP capped.It doesn't really take that much if you do a few rep grind with dailies and a couple of dungeons a day.I'm usually VP capped 3 days after reset so it feels kind of a waste to do them till the next reset (both dailies and DG).
Another thing to note is ...why we can't get something else to spend the lesser charms on ?
I have almost 600 lesser charms and can use only 90 a week.Just doing the dailies a few days and you are full of them again.Converting them in something else or giving us more things to buy with it wouldn't be bad.

P.S. making JP account wide as someone suggested would be nice too.
Edited by Arnis on 18/12/2012 19:29 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Dear Blizzard,
all I want for christmas is the same thing for conquest and honor. Arena games giving us 180 honor per win sounds marvellous! We don't like playing bg's with and against undergeared players! PLSSSSSSSSSS.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Dear Blizzard,
all I want for christmas is the same thing for conquest and honor. Arena games giving us 180 honor per win sounds marvellous! We don't like playing bg's with and against undergeared players! PLSSSSSSSSSS.

Agree, I would love the same VP cap as there is for QP.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
This has actually really annoyed me. Before I eventually got MoP, running dungeons for JP was easy and I could easily obtain transmog sets that I wanted. Bearing in mind I only decided to go for one set that I liked, I have now come accross other sets I hadn't noticed before which require QUITE a lot of JP.

I do PvP yes, but I run those because I enjoy the competition. It's enjoyable, I don't like the idea of running PvP just to trade in HP for JP, that's madness. I'm not a hardcore gamer, and all blizzard seem to be doing lately is ruining aspects of the game that more CASUAL gamers like. Trade in system once VP are capped? Waste of time, do something useful.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Personally, would like to see JP & Honour being available acct wide, in order to help gear alts.

My own view is that the availability of VP in the game via LFG, LFR, Scenarios & dailies, kind of negates the OPs comment regards upgrading 463 ->471.
That said, RNG can be a beach regards weapon drops, is the only use I found in the upgrade system for JP gear.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
For me Jp's are for my transmogging and it is way too difficult to obtain them these days, for instance, if your after a tier set for wotlk, cata etc, you get the token then it costs 2200jps for the normal piece, and the cost of old sets via justice and honor points are way too high.

I like the idea of account bount JPs, dont think that will happen tho, bring back jps after vp cap on dungeons and allow normal mop dungeons as a random that also gives Jp's also the idea i read about dailies giving jp's sounds great aswell.

there are some great sets available but the costs are ridiculus compared with how you can actually earn the points in the first place
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I for one am very angry about Blizzard not making Heirlooms account wide, as opposed to "server wide".
I have a full collection of heirlooms on a low-pop server which I could send over to my low level guys on a normal server. But no, Blizzard likes me spending more time with their game, so it is not happening any time soon.
Time sink is the keyword in this philosophy.

I like leveling, but these days leveling has become more like raiding - everyone else runs in Heirlooms and if you are not, you lose (at dps on recount, in pvp, everywhere). So it makes no sense to level in quest gear unless all you do is quest on a PvE server (but then, why play this at all).

Edit:
BTW I am doing random BGs to get honor and sell those for JP for my heirlooms. I need 2xagility maces and 1xtrinket, and I will be set. But it means 10000 HP more:)
Edited by Gediminas on 21/02/2013 16:13 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
what blizz should do is when u hit your VP'S CAP any daily's you do you are giving JP's and gives u some think to farm when your max rep and caped VP'S
I think Taepsilum just said that as long as you capped the excess of VP will be converted to JP
Reply Quote
52 Pandaren Monk
I personally think we should be able to buy JP with gold
(around a 1:25 ratio (10 gold = 250 JP))
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I personally think we should be able to buy JP with gold
(around a 1:25 ratio (10 gold = 250 JP))
What would be the point in that? you may as well remove JP from the game and simply have the items available in exchange for gold.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]