Brawler's Guild - Retribution Guide

90 Dwarf Paladin
The Brawler's Guild

We should not be talking about the Brawler's Guild.

So we all want to head up the the VIP lounge to flaunt our brawler's guild skills to our friends and guildmates, but unfortunately it isn't that simple. We actually have to do work to get there! This Guide Will take you through the first ~7 Ranks of the Brawler's Guild, Earning you [The Second Rule of Brawler's Guild] and an invite for a friend.

A couple things to keep in mind. It will take lots of time. Be prepared to wait.

You only get one invite at level 7! It is not unlimited.

Fight Tips:

- Keep CC at your finger tips! (Blinding Light, Fist of Justice,(Turn Evil))
- The Enrage timer on every boss is 2 minutes (Except Proboskus, which is 1 minute)
- Buy Potion of Brawler's Might from the vendor at the Brawler's Guild
- If you're going for a 1+ hour brawl session, bring a Flask of Winter's Bite with you
- Get yourself either some Black Pepper Ribs and Shrimp, Eternal Blossom Fish or Charbroiled Tiger Steak
- Switch your talents depending on the fight (Will be explained on each fight)

Cooldowns

- ALWAYS have your Inquisition up before doing any offensive cooldowns, this will significantly increase your DPS.

- Combine Guardian of the Ancient Kings with Avenging Wrath, Execution Sentence and a Potion of Brawler's Might, If you have the talent "Sanctified Wrath" you can pop Guardian of the Ancient Kings & Avenging Wrath at the same time, if you don't have it, you pop Guardian of the Ancient Kings then wait 10 seconds untill you pop Avenging Wrath and a Potion.

- Blinding Light and Fist of Justice should be used on bosses where you need some CC

- Divine Protection and Devotion Aura both decrease your magic damage taken, so should be used in heavy magic damage fights.

- Divine Shield and Lay on Hands both are incredibly useful, They're not needed on every fight but if you're close to death you can use Lay on Hands to get all of your health back and finish the boss off

Glyphs & Talents
- Talents is most of the time standard, though it will be swapped on bosses where it's needed, which will be shown at the boss guide
- Glyphs aren't that important; I used Glyph of Templar's Verdict, Glyph of Word of Glory and Glyph of Avenging Wrath

The Fights: Rank 1

Fight 1 - Bruce

Talents: Persuit of Justice, Fist of Justice, Sacred Shield, Unbreakable Spirit, Sanctified Wrath, Execution Sentence

Strategy: Bruce is perhaps the most easy boss in Brawler's Guild (obviously). He will cast a spell called Chomp Chomp Chomp every ~5 seconds after cast which deals damage to anyone in FRONT of him. Which means you can just walk left, right or right through him to avoid this. This boss should be easily killed within few seconds in your burst.

Health: 1,580,970

Fight 2 - Vian the Volatile

Talents: Persuit of Justice, Fist of Justice, Sacred Shield, Unbreakable Spirit, Sanctified Wrath, Execution Sentence

Strategy: Vian is a Fire Mage Mogu. He has has 3 main abilitys called Fire Line, Lava burst & Volatile Flames. Fire Line will release a fire line to the position your standing now, you can and should easily dodge it by stepping left or right. Volatile Flames summons a Fire Orb which will move around the room randomly and hit targets that come in contact with it, you can also easily dodge this if you see it coming at you. Last is Lava Burst which deals minimum damage and can interrupted, so if you can interrupt it. He has low health so you also should be able to kill this one fairly quickly with your burst cooldowns.

Health: 2,192,281

Fight 3 - Goredome

Talents: Long arm of the Law, Fist of Justice, Sacred Shield, Unbreakable Spirit, Sanctified Wrath, Execution Sentence

Strategy: Goredome will place a red marker on the field and charge for that area. Move out of the field before he reaches it or he will one shot you. The spell is called "Lumbering Charge" so if you either see the spell being cast or a red mark on the floor, move away immediately, Also has very low health so can be killed in a cooldown burst.

Health: 1,686,368

Fight 4 - Dungeon Master Vishas

Talents: Long arm of the Law, Fist of Justice, Sacred Shield, Unbreakable Spirit, Sanctified Wrath, Execution Sentence

Strategy: This boss has only 2 abilitys: "Heated Pokers" & "Naughty Secrets". Naughty Secrets is a debuff which will increase your shadow damage taken by 100%, don't worry about this buff since he will be dead long before this actually becomes bad. Heated Pokers is a spell that if cast will give him a buff which makes his attacks deal a extra 50k fire damage. So the idea is to stun or blind him whenever he wants to do this. Just use your burst cooldowns, nuke him down and when he casts Heated Pokers you stun him, if he's alive to do it a second time you cast the blind, and if you missed one you just kite him untill his buff dissapears. Also, very low health.

Health: 1,686,368

I will update this guide further untill rank 7 STARTING TOMORROW IF people are interested, just wanted to see if people are actually interested in a guide like this, cause i know i was searching for one when i was fighting some bosses.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
Reserved
Reply Quote
66 Tauren Death Knight
looks like a cool guide i will use it when my paladin main is geared enough
Reply Quote
31 Tauren Paladin
What do you think of Holy avenger vs Sanctified Wrath?
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
90 Worgen Druid
Someone needs to make a guide for a crappy moonkin like me in mostly-healer-gear. :< I am hitting brick walls due to lack of DPS!

Good guide btw! +1
Edited by Danellos on 22/12/2012 13:27 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
22/12/2012 13:16Posted by James
What do you think of Holy avenger vs Sanctified Wrath?

Sanctified Wrath is the best for long fights where you can burst;
Holy avenger is good for fights with a limited time for burst, for example The Dark Summoner.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Priest
YjI2ZmFiMTE5ZDAzYzVjM2JiZTgyMDAyNDI2MWQyMTNiYmU3MDQ1MA==
Edited by Molekh on 24/12/2012 12:31 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
hue
Edited by Retribution on 24/12/2012 12:31 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]