Battle.net Authenticators Temporarily Unavailable

Community
From December 17 2012, physical products including Battle.net Authenticators will be temporarily unavailable on the Blizzard Online Store in Europe. This is in preparation for a revamp of the store which will take place during 2013. In the meantime, many items can be found on the US Blizzard Store.

Players wishing to acquire a Battle.net Authenticator have several options. The Battle.net Mobile Authenticator is available for many types of smartphone, and you can find out more about it here. For many people, this is the easiest and cheapest option!

If you prefer to have a physical Battle.net Authenticator, you can get hold of one from several sources including the online retailers and high-street stores listed here.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Well to be fair, we only have 3 days left to live anyway. :D

But "During 2013" is a pretty vague date, considering all physical products will be unavailable for potentially up to a year :o
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid
Does this mean I won't be able to log into the game at all? Or will the game (and the forums) stop requesting an authenticator?

Trust me to be going down to the Midlands for New Years, where it'll be the one time I know I'll be prompted to use the Authenticator.

This gonna be a sticky for others to see too? ^^
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Does this mean I won't be able to log into the game at all? Or will the game (and the forums) stop requesting an authenticator?

Trust me to be going down to the Midlands for New Years, where it'll be the one time I know I'll be prompted to use the Authenticator.

No it means that you cannot order physical products from the european Blizard Store, nothing more, nothing less :)
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid

No it means that you cannot order physical products from the european Blizard Store, nothing more, nothing less :)

Ah super. And a shame really. I hate having to input the authenticator code each time I log in from the exact same location. Ah well.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
18/12/2012 14:17Posted by Jonní
Ah super. And a shame really. I hate having to input the authenticator code each time I log in from the exact same location. Ah well.

Not sure why this is happening for you, pretty sure they changed it to a weekly thing (There is an option to require the code every time you log on however, perhaps it's on for you?)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
The setting for the authenticator can be changed here: https://eu.battle.net/account/management/authenticator.html
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
Mine is set to ask a code on every log in.
I bought it to be more secure after all.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Thanks for the heads up.

Could it still be possible to get this kind of information also emailed to account / physical authenticator owners.

I'm really worried my 3-year old authenticator is gonna run out of battery any moment now :)

Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

It will still ask for a code every time you log in from a different IP, so there's nothing 'more secure' aboutt the option. It's purely a psychological thing.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage

It will still ask for a code every time you log in from a different IP, so there's nothing 'more secure' aboutt the option. It's purely a psychological thing.

Okay.

Hm, what if they crack your IP, is that possible ?
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
Thanks for the heads up.

Could it still be possible to get this kind of information also emailed to account / physical authenticator owners.

I'm really worried my 3-year old authenticator is gonna run out of battery any moment now :)

Thanks.

The function defaulted to off, so if it was on for you, then it was manually changed

Okay.

You don't crack IP's they're just an address, and while yes IP address is one thing they go by, it's not the only thing, they also take into consideration your setup.

It can be "fooled", and unfortunately there is indications that hackers may have moved on to such mechanisms in order to compromise accounts now, in which case you could argue that the level of security has decreased to it's previous state.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

Okay.

You can not "crack" a IP and get past the authenticator in that way unless they can physically connect to your network, i.e standing outside your door with a laptop connecting to your routers wifi. The chances of that happening is "quite" small.

There are ways to fool it still as mentioned above.
Edited by Pandalism on 18/12/2012 17:40 GMT
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
Yeah okay, maybe crack wasn't the correct word.
What I meant was like as if someone could steal your IP address
and use it as their own.
Reply Quote
48 Human Paladin
The link to find where to buy them in stores isn't working for me.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
18/12/2012 19:18Posted by Kadyia
The link to find where to buy them in stores isn't working for me.

I'd guess a lot of gaming and electronica stores might have them.
Not sure though since I never looked for them.
One thing I know is Media Markt has them since I saw them there.
Reply Quote
48 Human Paladin
I have SMS protect on my account, so if my authenticators battery dies I don't have to go through all the hassle of sending blizzard ID.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
If I order something (like the Gryphon cuddly) off the US store, will it cost an arm and a leg to send to the UK or will Blizzard recognise that I am in the EU and the postage will be different? Also, will the loot card work on EU servers for this?
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
So if I want to buy a book, but I live in the Europe region, I have to go to the North America region and buy it from there and it would still come normally to my address? Because I'm having troubles with my christmas present buying and this came up.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
18/12/2012 19:38Posted by Còcò
If I order something (like the Gryphon cuddly) off the US store, will it cost an arm and a leg to send to the UK or will Blizzard recognise that I am in the EU and the postage will be different? Also, will the loot card work on EU servers for this?

Recognizing you are in the EU has little to do within anything, they're shipping from the US so shipping and import fees apply.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]