Verify about Elder Charms

1 Dwarf Warrior
I just want to get a straight answer about the Elder Charms. Since different sites says different things.

Can you do a LFR twice a week and use coins on both kills for loot?

I know about World Boss. But about the LFR people say different things.

Soo would like to know if i wasted 5 coins last week on 1 boss or not. If soo why the hell do you get to choose if you want to use a coin if all you can get is gold anyway
Edited by Vapoobank on 19/12/2012 16:08 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
LFR: Every time you kill a boss you are allowed to use an elder charm, and each time you use one you have the same chance of getting loot. So you could go in, kill Lei Shi and get the staff from a coin roll, and then kill her again and get the shoulders from a coin roll.
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Warrior
Thats what i have thought all the time. Then i had an argue in a LFR today and they said that you cant use a coin because you only get gold if you already killed the boss
Reply Quote
On Raid Finder you can use the coin on bosses you've already killed that week. And every time you'll have the same chance of getting loot.
Edited by Draztal on 19/12/2012 16:29 GMT
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Warrior
Thanks for the fast answer. Now finally i know
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
19/12/2012 16:05Posted by Vapoobank
Can you do a LFR twice a week and use coins on both kills for loot?

What does this mean please? i thought you could only loot a boss once a week?
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Warrior
Well. you have the Elder Coins of Fortune that you can use for extra loot. I wanted to know if you could use them multiple times on same boss in LFR in the same week. Blue told the answer
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
19/12/2012 16:29Posted by Draztal
On Raid Finder you can use the coin on bosses you've already killed that week. And every time you'll have the same chance of getting loot.

I opened a ticket with the same question as OP and the GM told me this was not possible he said it was a bug that people somettimes where allowed to roll again with coins on bosses they killed.
So basicly i wasted a few weeks with 1 roll chance per week instead of spamming it till running out of coins bah :(
Can this be confirmed also lets say i kill boss first time this week have something drop can i still get something else of that boss loot table by running it a few times more and rolling with coins?
Edited by Badhabits on 19/12/2012 19:49 GMT
Reply Quote
6 Dwarf Priest
19/12/2012 19:44Posted by Badhabits

I opened a ticket with the same question as OP and the GM told me this was not possible he said it was a bug that people somettimes where allowed to roll again with coins on bosses they killed.
So basicly i wasted a few weeks with 1 roll chance per week instead of spamming it till running out of coins bah :(
Can this be confirmed also lets say i kill boss first time this week have something drop can i still get something else of that boss loot table by running it a few times more and rolling with coins?
Works for me.
The first kill you can get loot without using the coin and by using the coin. The second run you dont get any loot without the coin but you can use the coin.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
19/12/2012 16:29Posted by Draztal

Does it also count for Sigils of Power and Wisdom for the legendary quest? (as in, do they have a chance to be obtained from a bonus roll, even on consecutive kills of the same boss in LFR?)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Interesting but still slightly confusing...

Technically, this suggests that we could keep going back and killing the same boss over and over in a week and use a coin each and every turn .. which would be awesome for farming that one item that just won't drop, however the blue post doesn't really say if this can or can not happen ... anyone tested this theory?
Reply Quote
1 Dwarf Warrior
Interesting but still slightly confusing...

Technically, this suggests that we could keep going back and killing the same boss over and over in a week and use a coin each and every turn .. which would be awesome for farming that one item that just won't drop, however the blue post doesn't really say if this can or can not happen ... anyone tested this theory?

If you read what he said again. He says that you can run it more then once and still have the same chance of getting an item while using the coin
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
20/12/2012 09:03Posted by Blaithe
Does it also count for Sigils of Power and Wisdom for the legendary quest? (as in, do they have a chance to be obtained from a bonus roll, even on consecutive kills of the same boss in LFR?)

Bonus rolls can only give you items shown in the dungeon journal for that specific boss and for the class and spec you are using. This means it is not possible to get any Sigils through the use of charms.

This has also been the way that loot assigned to wrong specs have been identified in the past, although not all were fixed before people were able to kill the bosses with the wrongly assigned loot.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Wait, what?! So if you have lets say five coins and you need shoulders from Lei Shi. You can kill that boss five times in a row and roll each time in the same week?!
I was under the impression that you can only recive any loot from bosses the first time you kill him per week.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
good to know.. there's a boss outthere that just won't drop loot for me.. this way i can kills/spam him with coins..

is the chimera of fear also a piece of loot won from a roll, or is it obtained from it's corpse like the quest item on Sha of Anger?

and please, Blizzard, can you maybe up the n° of elder coins you get / week to 5 or something?
3 elder coins was ok when there was only 6 or 9 bosses.. but with 16 bosses a week and only 3 coins, it gets a bit hard to choose..
Edited by Moetjekoe on 20/12/2012 14:08 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
20/12/2012 14:06Posted by Moetjekoe
is the chimera of fear also a piece of loot won from a roll, or is it obtained from it's corpse like the quest item on Sha of Anger?

You don't need to be eligible for loot to get the quest item. I thought I couldn't until some guildies told me otherwise, so I ran LFR a second time that reset and got it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
and please, Blizzard, can you maybe up the n° of elder coins you get / week to 5 or something?
3 elder coins was ok when there was only 6 or 9 bosses.. but with 16 bosses a week and only 3 coins, it gets a bit hard to choose..

And this would make choices easier? There are 4.096 ways to spend 3 charms, but 1.048.576 ways to spend 5, on the 16 bosses we currently have available.
By the sound of it you haven't even considered the choice of spending more charms on the same boss, which is the main topic of this thread.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Wait, what?! So if you have lets say five coins and you need shoulders from Lei Shi. You can kill that boss five times in a row and roll each time in the same week?!
I was under the impression that you can only recive any loot from bosses the first time you kill him per week.

Correct, you can run it as many times as you are willing to spend coins to get that piece.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Rogue
I've been talking with a GM like 4 days ago, he told me that you could NOT use a coin on a boss you've already killed in the week. Can we have a confirmation on this one ?

And indeed 3 coins is really short, when you have 16 boss in raid finder, and 16 in normal.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Sigil of Wisdom, Sigil of Power and Chimera of Fear can't be obtained by using Elder Charm of Good Fortune. They are all obtained by looting a boss after your first kill of that boss of that week and on that difficulty level.

If you are capable of killing a boss multiple times a week (such as Sha of Anger, all LFR bosses and Galleon) you can kill them as many times as you want and use a charm each time as long as you have a charm available.

In normal and heroic raids you can't kill a boss more then once a week, so you will not have more then one chance to use your Elder Charm of Good Fortune on that boss.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]