/castsequence not resetting

90 Night Elf Druid
I have a very simple macro:

#showtooltip
/castsequence Nature's Swiftness, Healing Touch

Usually it works, however sometimes I notice that after I use it, it gets stuck on Healing Touch, even though the instant cast from Nature's Swiftness already happened. I also noticed that actually casting the 2nd Healing Touch does reset the macro when this happens, but then it's already too late.

Since it's my emergency button, it's used in situations when I can't stay calm and would just smash the button as fast as possible, however it's very inconvenient to be shifting out of Bear Form and starting to cast a Healing Touch while tanking, especially if there just was the need to press a panic button.

Hence the question: Is it possible to force the macro to reset after I cast the 1st Healing Touch, so that I won't get shifted out of Bear Form if I just smash the button?
Reply Quote
18/12/2012 22:31Posted by Sindust
so that I won't get shifted out of Bear Form if I just smash the button?

I'm pretty sure Healing Touch will remove Bear Form regardless, so I'm not sure what you mean.

Anyway, why is it even a castsequence? Does this not work?

#showtooltip
/use Nature's Swiftness
/use Healing Touch
/stopcasting

You can spam it because it will always interrupt your cast immediately unless instant.
Reply Quote
The castsequence should make the button spammable in that way, that the macro should get stuck at the nature's swiftness cooldown until it is ready again. So healing touch is attempted only when nature's swiftness is up. I think there must be a bug involved when it is not working in that way.

Or castsequence does not work well with abilities that do not trigger the global cooldown.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
19/12/2012 02:58Posted by Zhell
I'm pretty sure Healing Touch will remove Bear Form regardless, so I'm not sure what you mean.

Nature's Swiftness makes spells usable in any form, at least that's what the tool tip says.

#showtooltip
/use Nature's Swiftness
/use Healing Touch
/stopcasting

You can spam it because it will always interrupt your cast immediately unless instant.

I'll try that.

------------------------------------

Update:

It's not working, this one always shifts me out of Bear Form.
Edited by Sindust on 19/12/2012 10:06 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

#showtooltip
/use Nature's Swiftness
/use Healing Touch
/stopcasting

No, it doesn't work with NS for some obscure reason. This is what I use:

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=3 Nature's Swiftness, Healing Touch

Never had any trouble with it, but it's a lazy (read copy paste from another macro) solution. U
sing Healing Touch as a reset condition doesn't work, because the space makes the game percieve the reset condition as "Healing". It can be replaced with the spell id though, so you could use the following macro:

#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=id==5185 Nature's Swiftness,Healing Touch
Reply Quote
Community
Update:

It's not working, this one always shifts me out of Bear Form.

Can you try it with the autoUnshift function added?:

#showtooltip
/run SetCVar("autoUnshift",0)
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/cast Healing Touch
/run SetCVar("autoUnshift",1)

Hope it works !
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
#showtooltip

#showtooltip
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/cast Healing Touch

Both solutions seem to work under normal circumstances, however I was unable to reproduce the bug before, it just seems to happen randomly, so I'll just have to use this for a while and see if it ever bugs out like I described. If the bug appears again, I'll write about it here.

In the meantime thanks for the replies. =)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
#showtooltip

Doesn't work, got stuck just like my original macro a few hours ago when we were doing 1st boss in MV hc.

#showtooltip
/cast Nature's Swiftness
/cast Healing Touch

This one seems to be working. Gives an error when I press it the first time, and when I press it the 2nd time, the HT is being used and I'm never shifted out.

Thanks for the help. =)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Here is a better tip:
Forget that talent and use Renewal. It heals for more by default and with Might of Ursoc it heals 250k. Macro those together and you get a bear "lay on hands" button
Edited by Donum on 20/12/2012 08:45 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Here is a better tip:
Forget that talent and use Renewal. It heals for more by default and with Might of Ursoc it heals 250k. Macro those together and you get a bear "lay on hands" button

...And I won't be able to use rebirth while tanking, and the CD will be twice as long. No ty.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Doesn't work, got stuck just like my original macro a few hours ago when we were doing 1st boss in MV hc.

Yep, same happened to me, lost me an arena game:P No idea why it fails at times, but the reset=3 condition has not failed yet. I still don't see why the /cast NS /cast HT macro brings us out of form though...
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
I guess that, when the spells are cast in this quick succession, the server fails to immediately "notice", that Nature's Swiftness is active. :/
Edited by Haymane on 20/12/2012 18:06 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The problem with the reset=3 condition is that it won't protect me from button smashing, I would still have to be careful not to press it a 3rd time. But what Taepsilum suggested works. There is no way I would be shifted out if autounshift is disabled. It still requires me to press it twice when I'm shapeshifted, but so does the /castsequence thing.

I think the reason why /cast ns /cast ht isn't working, is because the game first checks whether we can use the spells in the macro, notices that we would have to shift out for one of the spells, does it for us, and then starts using the spells, instead of checking for every individual spell as they come in the macro. The game just doesn't take into account that the 1st spell will modify the conditions for the 2nd one.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Just a thought: normal and NS-instant Healing Touch might have different IDs or names (like mage's "Pyroblast" and "Pyroblast!", the latter being instant) - if it is so, would it be possible to put the spell's ID in a macro? (or that other name, if we knew it - though combat log still called the spell just Healing Touch...)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]