MoP advertisement is unjust

90 Troll Shaman
I'm sure many would agree with me that MoP is one of the best expansions. There are plenty of things to do and you get a lot of enjoyment out of it but many of the great things that MoP had to offer were not in the adverts to pull players in.

So why is it that Blizzard is pushing all their advertisement mostly on one aspect of the game?
Until I played MoP myself, I thought it would be all about Pandas too.

I recently found out that the Anglers daily offers you mounts that can travel on water. Brilliant! I always asked for that. A raft for fishing? Man that's amazing. Tillers! Do I need to even say anything about Tillers? The Mantid? Who knew I would be doing quests for them, I just thought I would be doing all Panda dailies. The Yaungol? What Tauren tribe were they originally? Why aren't they joining like the Taunka? Great lore connected to WoW and not all just "fillers". Let's not forget recruiting Hozen/Jinyu to fight in a battle.

Blizzard should have promoted a few of those things like they did pet battles and scenarios. Let people know it's not all about Pandas.
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Hunter
I agree with you about the content of the advertising. A friend of mine the other day on skype says to me "omg, they've aired the MoP advert five times in the last 20 minutes and I am getting sick of it" (and YES this friend DOES play this game btw).

I would want to see some expanding advertising that tells the "story" of the continent with short films of sorts. As you said an advert for the Yaungol, Hozen and Virmen and and insight on why they're the "pests" of the continent, and yes an advert for the Anglers and Tillers, but also an advert about the Klaxxi as they are a major thing with the Heart of Fear raid plus a movie to watch that tells the story of why the Empress became corrupted (I do not feel the quest lines and the raid explains sufficiently why she became this way).

And we had a preview grand tour of the whole continent, so why is this not done in any advert (yet!). When I saw it at Blizzcon 2011, they said "this is just a preview, there's a more detailed movie to come later". Unless I fell asleep during watching Blizzcon 2011, I never saw such a movie, not there or ever after (if there's a long proper movie other than the preview moview on YouTube I must have missed that too).
Reply Quote
Community
20/12/2012 14:53Posted by Kurdshaman
recently found out that the Anglers daily offers you mounts that can travel on water. Brilliant! I always asked for that. A raft for fishing? Man that's amazing. Tillers! Do I need to even say anything about Tillers?

Thanks for your feedback; I do understand your point, although “unjust” might be too strong a word to describe this.
When I started playing the game I was also pleasantly surprised to find out about many unexpected things that I probably ended up enjoying more than the stuff where we focus most of our advertising on.

This game is vast, and in the end different things appeal to different people, we try to focus our advertising on the most distinguishable features of MoP but we’re always open to hear suggestions from players on how to improve everything that we do, not just our games. So thanks again for your feedback, we really do appreciate it!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Personally, I feel we need to see a few gnomes in WoW promotions ^^ Maybe I've missed them, but I can't recall ever seeing any!
Reply Quote
12 Pandaren Monk
20/12/2012 16:41Posted by Twijfelkont
Personally, I feel we need to see a few gnomes in WoW promotions ^^ Maybe I've missed them, but I can't recall ever seeing any!

Are you kidding? The gnome commercial was the most hilarious one ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3En1M4SNn98

Can't look at gnomes anymore without thinking Verne.. or vice versa.

That whole series was awesome. I don't need to be shown how supposedly epic a game is. I want to see that it might be fun, and humor is a damn good way to get this across.

But unfortunately, it has been left to the community to add the humor to it, like in this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljfsx_OwF6o

And even criticism can be wrapped up in a wonderful format:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhDFsGLjOlk
Edited by Porters on 20/12/2012 17:43 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
I miss the fun sort of stuff they used to bring out. Blizz needs to do some war reporting adverts from the outset of propeganda of Horde view of it and Alliance view of it.

Then at the end of each different version of the advert it could be. "Choose a side."

Bit like how that video was done with news from Outland way back. Love to see something updated like that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
20/12/2012 15:10Posted by Keshayra
an advert about the Klaxxi as they are a major thing with the Heart of Fear raid plus a movie to watch that tells the story of why the Empress became corrupted (I do not feel the quest lines and the raid explains sufficiently why she became this way).

+1 for this. I loved the Klaxxi questlines at Dread Wastes and their dailies are the only ones I really enjoy doing, but I'd also like to know more about how the Empress ended up being corrupted.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Not sure what the problem is tbf. Anyone should be able to figure out that a WoW expansion does not focus entirely on the new playable race. Pandaren are to be seen in Pandaria, but that's no different from TBC and the Draenei and Belf.

However, I wouldn't mind them showing commercials with in-game phootage instead of that infernal cinematic...it's awesome, but it doesn't show the game as it is when you play.
Reply Quote
12 Pandaren Monk
20/12/2012 18:26Posted by Rorcanna
However, I wouldn't mind them showing commercials with in-game phootage instead of that infernal cinematic...it's awesome, but it doesn't show the game as it is when you play.

Exactly. It's nothing more than "just another one of those commercials". It tries to put WoW up with new games with state-of-the-art realistic graphics and whatnot, trying to make it appear just as epic despite it's age. The result is a commercial that is just about as entertaining as those for female hygiene products.

Why not advertise the aging comic-like graphics as one of the strenghts of WoW? Why not just focus on the fact that millions of others are playing it? Why not point out all the things you can actually do in this virtual world?

Besides, instead of spending millions on advertising to reel in new players, you'd be much better off repackaging everything.

There really shouldn't be anything more on the retail shelves other than WoW - including everything up until Cataclysm, and MoP.

This business of having to buy a battlechest, Cataclysm, and MoP in order to play MoP is just plain wrong. Even if the total price is comparable to what you'd be spending on a recent game, it's still a bunch of stuff to buy. Not to mention that I probably don't even want to know how many kids will be heartbroken because their parents bought a copy of MoP for Christmas and forgot at least one of the other packs that might be required to play. And then there is the subscription too...
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
If they had the advert of a skirmish between the horde and alliance on Karasang and the Pandaren trying to stop the Sha that is being caused by the war. That would be much more appealing.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
I came for the Pandas, I stayed for the farming (of carrots, mostly) and the wibbly dragons.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]