Hierlooms why not!?

90 Troll Death Knight
Ok so hierlooms(think thats how you spell it)can not be sent to other servers now the idea behinde these is to help people lv new chars faster right so why cant you send these to other realms,seriously blizz most ppl would like to be able to send them to other realms.This is a small issue that would make a massive difference to alot of people:)
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, Diablo III
90 Draenei Shaman
This has been posted every day for the last 3 days.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6160878236 was just last night.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2793450900 answers your question.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
shammoz please get it right its been posted nearly every week since they started doing heirlooms
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Worgen Druid
Basically, it's because of technical issues. It's not that they won't allow it, but because they can't. Even if mailing across servers was implemented, how many would complain? It's not a question of "how few", but how many will find it a buggy inconvinience and immediately state "duhuh blizz brok it so i hav 2 pay 4 relm transfurzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz". This is currently the reputation CRZ has, but hey, that was Blizzard saying "at least we know it's possible", and they're not wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
just make another tab in mount/pet interface called BoA journal.

each BoA item will have 'summon' button just like pet and when you press it this item appears in the inventory.

when you don't need it any longer you just drag it away from the inventory and its gone. but of course it's still in the BoA journal and you can summon it back any time.

i mean what's so hard about it? it's obvious and the tools are already there. enchant/upgrade item has will be like pet level etc...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You can get 3 heirlooms easily by getting to honoured in a level 20 guild with the "working better as a team" guild achievement.

The problem with these is they cost quite a bit of gold and if they became available on every realm you could make them and sell them using your method. This would need to be changed too.
Reply Quote
24/12/2012 15:44Posted by Zullju
Ok so hierlooms(think thats how you spell it)can not be sent to other servers now the idea behinde these is to help people lv new chars faster right so why cant you send these to other realms,seriously blizz most ppl would like to be able to send them to other realms.This is a small issue that would make a massive difference to alot of people:)

So, in case we can put this topic to rest (as Shammoz pointed out on his post, it's a recurring topic that comes up every. single. day.)...

Regarding the ability to send heirlooms cross-realms, please be aware that it's highly unlikely it'll be implemented during Mists of Pandaria as there're numerous technical hurdles that need to be overcome first in order to happen.
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
24/12/2012 15:47Posted by Shammoz
This has been posted every day for the last 3 days.
It's posted so often because it's a legitimate question.

I mean, let's face it. If they're able to bring realms together in CRZ, BGs and Instances and in fact have to put in protection to STOP cross realm trade happening. It's quite hard to see why cross realm mailing is such an unsolvable problem. Especially after so long.

Also, the amount of work that must have been needed to implement CRZ must be many times more than what's needed to implement cross realm mailing.

Yes, I fully expect to be told that because I don't know how the system is constructed I can't comment. The thing is, we all have the right to comment when something just doesn't seem logical.

24/12/2012 16:23Posted by Draztal
Regarding the ability to send heirlooms cross-realms, please be aware that it's highly unlikely it'll be implemented during Mists of Pandaria as there're numerous technical hurdles that need to be overcome first in order to happen.
Here we have another example. I don't quite see how it's possible that loot can be distributed fine between realms, that the systems had to be adjusted to prevent cross realm trading. Yet it's too hard to allow mailing across realms. It just doesn't add up to me I'm afraid.
Edited by Andrai on 24/12/2012 16:31 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Technical issues... for the last 3 years or so? I mean, people have asked for this since heirlooms were first implemented and you still haven't figured it out?

I'd like to think you don't want to do it, probably because of gold farmers, botters or w/e, but that can be easily fixed by only allowing cross-realm mail for BoA stuff.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Make Void Storage - cross realm, fixed. :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
What I actually don't understand is why datamined patch 5.2 heirlooms scale only up to level 85, not 90.
Reply Quote
86 Night Elf Mage
^ Because 85 to 90 is current content.

You have to understand that to us players that want this feature, it really feels like "it's highly unlikely it'll be implemented ever because we like making money from paid character transfers".
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

So, in case we can put this topic to rest (as Shammoz pointed out on his post, it's a recurring topic that comes up every. single. day.)...

can i ask why the hell u called them Binds of Account if u cant use them on your entire account?! u srsly need to think twice before u name or release some things misleading name is all i can say
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
24/12/2012 17:00Posted by Kezuma
can i ask why the hell u called them Binds of Account if u cant use them on your entire account?! u srsly need to think twice before u name or release some things misleading name is all i can say

Bind on Account = usable by all characters on the account. Just because you can't mail it to characters on other realms doesn't mean they can't use it on your account. Also, this would also apply if you have a character from your second WoW account that is on the same realm and you can mail the item to him.
Reply Quote

That's what was said in Cata. And I think Wrath as well. You plan on ever worrying about doing it?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
What he means by this is that "we make lots of money of people transferring with heirlooms to help an alt lvl so we like having lots of money and stuffs."
Edited by Glenroy on 24/12/2012 17:31 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
24/12/2012 17:05Posted by Tonuc

Bind on Account = usable by all characters on the account. Just because you can't mail it to characters on other realms doesn't mean they can't use it on your account. Also, this would also apply if you have a character from your second WoW account that is on the same realm and you can mail the item to him.

it means u cant use them to their fully potential on your account simple as that they should rename then to binds of half of account, and idd they said we wont make them work in Cata not they moved on and they wont make them work on MoP next expansion the same disgusting money machine activision
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
24/12/2012 17:37Posted by Kezuma
disgusting money machine activision

Activision isn't a money machine, the last few quarters they have reported a loss. The one who keeps them afloat is actually Blizzard.
Edited by Tonuc on 24/12/2012 17:44 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Ok, so this technical hurdle is a bunch of BS, why? Well, only since you guys were able to make mounts and pets accountwide?

The same thing could be done via heirlooms by putting them into a nice tidy own "spellbook" or what you would be willing to call it. The only fact why you are not implementing this is the same reason, that you do not give anymore Free Charter Migrations or why you are not doing any realm merges, that would lose you a bunch of cash, since then ppl would not pay for charter transfer...

It is just so obvious to that it hurst my eyes.... -.-

And I know this post will be deleted TOO like the previous ones I have written on this topic....
Edited by Shadelash on 24/12/2012 18:18 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
And I know this post will be deleter TOO like the previous ones I have written on this topic....

They delete threads not posts, theres no witchhunt for you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]