Hierlooms why not!?

90 Worgen Death Knight
24/12/2012 23:24Posted by Falere
Baby Blizzard Bear or Murkimus the Gladiator, for examples, used to be given out to every character you ever made, whilst they were character bound.

The issue with that is that Heirlooms have to be bought, and you pay for one item, not one on all your characters. I believe.

It would seem... wrong to have Heirlooms mailed to your characters. I dunno. It irks me, that does, yet I can't find sufficient justification why.
Reply Quote
So, why not just make it like an achivement - buy accesss to a certain heirloom, and unlock it on all your characters - making them able to buy the heirlooms from a certain vendor for free, but only if you unlocked the heirloom - seems to fix the problem.

Can't be much of a difference from making the replica grand marshal gear only able to be bought if you have certain achivement.
Edited by Saithy on 25/12/2012 00:01 GMT
Reply Quote
- World of Warcraft
90 Gnome Mage
24/12/2012 20:25Posted by Panamat
What puzzles me is that email has been cross-server since it was invented. To have this problem they must have written their own code for in game email rather than porting what's publicly available. Who reinvents the wheel?

What email are you talking about ?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
24/12/2012 23:47Posted by Kithoras
Baby Blizzard Bear or Murkimus the Gladiator, for examples, used to be given out to every character you ever made, whilst they were character bound.

The issue with that is that Heirlooms have to be bought, and you pay for one item, not one on all your characters. I believe.

It would seem... wrong to have Heirlooms mailed to your characters. I dunno. It irks me, that does, yet I can't find sufficient justification why.

I know a reason or two;

1: there are like 60-70 heirlooms now, they would all be posted on every char you create, aswell as duplictes of them incase you bought more than one of them (trinkets for example).

It would clog up your mailbox, hundereds of items theoretically if you have things double or even quadruple and it would cost a damn lot of time to delete everyone of those you can't use.

2(although fixable by removing the vendorprice): it is open for goldfarming abuse by creating a char, sell the heirlooms that return gold, send the gold away, delete the char, rinse and repeat.
Reply Quote
They wouldn't "have to" clog up your mailbox. Gear and weapons vendors already filter items appropriate to your class, it should be a simple matter to take the same rules and apply them to what heirlooms are automatically sent to new alts.
Edited by Panamat on 25/12/2012 00:34 GMT
Reply Quote
24/12/2012 16:23Posted by Draztal
Regarding the ability to send heirlooms cross-realms, please be aware that it's highly unlikely it'll be implemented during Mists of Pandaria

zomg bring new expansion now!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
25/12/2012 00:32Posted by Panamat
They wouldn't "have to" clog up your mailbox. Gear and weapons vendors already filter items appropriate to your class, it should be a simple matter to take the same rules and apply them to what heirlooms are automatically sent to new alts.

If it would work, which I doubt since you can't just copy-paste when it comes to different software commands, it still is filtering.
Filtering means making it temporary invisible, not removing it from the list altogether.
Your mailbox would still be clogged up except you wouldn't see it at first sight.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
25/12/2012 01:05Posted by Sabroan
Regarding the ability to send heirlooms cross-realms, please be aware that it's highly unlikely it'll be implemented during Mists of Pandaria

zomg bring new expansion now!

Only for the CMs to repeat the same in next expansion because Blizzard either can't or doesn't want to get it working?
Just like in every expansion since WotLK?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
^ Because 85 to 90 is current content.

Regarding the ability to send heirlooms cross-realms, please be aware that it's highly unlikely it'll be implemented during Mists of Pandaria as there're numerous technical hurdles that need to be overcome first in order to happen.

You have to understand that to us players that want this feature, it really feels like "it's highly unlikely it'll be implemented ever because we like making money from paid character transfers".

Bull We had 1-80 in Wotlk, 80-85 in cata, so why not 85-90 in this expansion.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
^ Because 85 to 90 is current content.

You have to understand that to us players that want this feature, it really feels like "it's highly unlikely it'll be implemented ever because we like making money from paid character transfers".

Bull We had 1-80 in Wotlk, 80-85 in cata, so why not 85-90 in this expansion.

I don't know, perhaps because Blizzard doesn't want to speed up our leveling from 85 to 90?
Edited by Alenya on 25/12/2012 01:50 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
So, why not just make it like an achivement - buy accesss to a certain heirloom, and unlock it on all your characters - making them able to buy the heirlooms from a certain vendor for free, but only if you unlocked the heirloom - seems to fix the problem.

Can't be much of a difference from making the replica grand marshal gear only able to be bought if you have certain achivement.

This is a good alternative. Tabards work this way also.
Reply Quote
24/12/2012 15:56Posted by Jonní
Basically, it's because of technical issues

LOL i think its so funny when people pretend to know what there on about .
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Ok so hierlooms(think thats how you spell it)can not be sent to other servers now the idea behinde these is to help people lv new chars faster right so why cant you send these to other realms,seriously blizz most ppl would like to be able to send them to other realms.This is a small issue that would make a massive difference to alot of people:)

So, in case we can put this topic to rest (as Shammoz pointed out on his post, it's a recurring topic that comes up every. single. day.)...

Regarding the ability to send heirlooms cross-realms, please be aware that it's highly unlikely it'll be implemented during Mists of Pandaria as there're numerous technical hurdles that need to be overcome first in order to happen.

leme give u an easy fix blue poster !

put an achievement for each piece of heirloom you get, this achievement is account-share to all characters, anyone with this achievement can access to free heirloom in any realm
Edited by Calpyso on 25/12/2012 04:46 GMT
Reply Quote
9 Draenei Mage
[quote]So, in case we can put this topic to rest......[/qoute]

NO YOU CAN'T, BECAUSE WE WILL KEEP ON ASKING (UNTIL YOU ANSWER)

[QUOTE]Regarding the ability to send heirlooms cross-realms, please be aware that it's highly unlikely it'll be implemented during Mists of Pandaria as there're numerous technical hurdles that need to be overcome first in order to happen.[/QUOTE]

LIAR! & you lot promised that BOA would mean "Bind On Account" full stop.! No matter which faction got the gear...Yes?...PLAYERS WOULD LIKE ANSWERS ASAP!

RE:- shamoz? & the other mvp's oh yes...of course...I'll Ignore him as she is no doubt your sock puppet/mouth piece until, UNTIL PROVED OTHERWISE!
Edited by Spacehopper on 25/12/2012 05:05 GMT
Reply Quote
Why not just rename anything that is "Bind to Account" to "Bind to Realm"

This will fix any confusion as it can only stay on that realm.

and when you get over the hurdles to make them Realm Transfferable.
Change it back to "Bind to Account"
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
This problem is not because of world of warcraft but battle.net. Wow use the battle net engine to send mail and the limitation of sending heirlooms stems from this. They are working on it and are slowly making progress. Scince WoLK they have already implemented CRZ, account wide pets, account wide mounts and you can send heirlooms cross faction that was not possible back then. One have to understand though that this is a very low priority and the devs will rather spend time completing the content for patch 5.2 and beyond than adding a feature that may introduce a lot of new bugs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
24/12/2012 15:56Posted by Jonní
Basically, it's because of technical issues. It's not that they won't allow it, but because they can't. Even if mailing across servers was implemented, how many would complain? It's not a question of "how few", but how many will find it a buggy inconvinience and immediately state "duhuh blizz brok it so i hav 2 pay 4 relm transfurzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz".

If they can do it with mounts and pets they can do the exact same thing with heirlooms. Make the ones you buy from a vendor learnable like a spell that can then be used on your whole account to summon the heirloom on any character.

They just don't want to because they don't like the idea of missing out on money from people transfering characters with heirlooms.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman

So, in case we can put this topic to rest (as Shammoz pointed out on his post, it's a recurring topic that comes up every. single. day.)...

Make heirlooms instead into bind on pick up tokens you buy that can be consumed just like the reputation tokens from the MoP quarter masters (and some other previous content). The token then gives you the ability to conjurer a piece of gear that acts as a soul bound item for that character and lasts for a set period, 24-48 hours. Being soul bound people couldn't trade it, and being conjured it would disappear when people logged off.

To keep the idea of some effort to have access to heirlooms across all realms you could put a limit on the conjurations or the amount of time they lasted in the account-heirloom tab, for example 6 months.

You already have this method accessible with mounts and pets across realms now. It shouldn't be overly difficult to set up a similar system like this with heirlooms.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
After reading the forums the last couple of days this sums everything up quite nice.

1. All this ganking happening with CRZ makes me loose interest in playing WoW.
2. LUL LOL ROFL Why did you roll on a PVP server you stupid moron. It's a hard worl out there. LOL. IMBA IMBA.
3. Ok sorry about that, I would like to move my chars to a PVE Realm then can you help me?
4. Pay up for a charactertransfer stupid!
5. Well I cant afford €20 for every char that I have.
6. Duh level new toons you jerk! You are not forced to anything!!!
7. Ok Im considering that but could I at least send my BOA Heirlooms, that I've worked hard for, there to help me level all these new chars?
8. LOL LULSEC ROFL! No you can't and you are free to do what you want. LOLSEC!
9. GOTO 1
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
Give looms a different currency to be bought with. make the currency available to accounts that have a level 90 only. When said account creates a level 1. That level 1 has that amount of said currency avaiblable to him to buy the looms from a vendor in the starting area.

Edited by Lucíen on 25/12/2012 10:24 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]