Hierlooms why not!?

'Bind to Account' is, just like 'Bind on Pickup' and 'Bind on Equip', a limitation to the tradeability of an Item. Otherwise the Item follows the usual restrictions on trading and mailing of Items. As we can't mail e.g. Craftables to other Realms, we can't mail BoA Items, either.

Though ever since Wrath this has been confusing players, so, as suggested back then, removing the 'BoA' tag and replacing it with 'Heirloom' would possibly have prevented at least part of the recurrence of this topic.

The suggestions to make Heirlooms buyable by each character, a scroll down menu etc. would prevent Heirlooms from being Enchanted, and as the primary purpose of current-style Heirlooms is allowing wellfare twinking to stomp newcomers into the curb - while kicking out real Twinks that require real effort - all suggestions that would prevent Heirlooms from being Enchanted are 'causing technical difficulties' and other blah-di-blah.

That's all there is to it.

Besides being logical deduction from what actually happened over the years (e.g. Enchant Cloak- Stealth gets an enormous buff right when the Heirloom Cloaks are introduced) , it's one of the few explanations that actually makes sense. Heirloom Shields are now in the books (coincedentally after they massively upped a certain Shield Enchantment), something that isn't needed by any stretch of the imagination with the trivial tuning of the game - unless you want to encourage wellfare twinking and stomping newcomers.

Tinfoily? We're talking about the same people who e.g. introduced CRZ for gankfests.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

You have to understand that to us players that want this feature, it really feels like "it's highly unlikely it'll be implemented ever because we like making money from paid character transfers".

Pretty much :/
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
24/12/2012 17:37Posted by Kezuma

Bind on Account = usable by all characters on the account. Just because you can't mail it to characters on other realms doesn't mean they can't use it on your account. Also, this would also apply if you have a character from your second WoW account that is on the same realm and you can mail the item to him.

it means u cant use them to their fully potential on your account simple as that they should rename then to binds of half of account, and idd they said we wont make them work in Cata not they moved on and they wont make them work on MoP next expansion the same disgusting money machine activision

Yes! It's all one big conspiracy! Muahahaha
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Well I don't think there is a conspiracy, that's just a silly remark.

But it is obvious that Blizzard don't want to make *looms truly BOA and accessible on all toons. Because they sure have the knowledge to implement this should they want to.

As for the true reason I guess there are several but the main one has to do with dwindling number of players on many realms in EU and the US.

Making heirlooms accessible on every toon would make it easier for players to move to new realms with a for them "better" population and at the same time draining the other realms (the very reason they want lower the cost for realm transfers).

To try and remedy the dying servers Blizzard went with the CRZ "solution", an effort that brought more problems than anything else. They have on the other hand invested a lot of development resources to CRZ so they will not seek other ways very soon.

I would bet money on that blizzard in a foreseeable future wont:
Merge dying realms
Make heirlooms available on every server
Edited by Kíma on 25/12/2012 11:55 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Human Rogue
25/12/2012 11:51Posted by Kíma
To try and remedy the dying servers Blizzard went with the CRZ "solution", an effort that brought more problems than anything else. They have on the other hand invested a lot of development resources to CRZ so they will not seek other ways very soon

I'm sure they have invested... maybe millions. In saying that i'm preeeeetttty sure Blizzard can afford to invest in other big projects involving wow without it making a dent in their cash flow. I'm no expert though, I could be wrong.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
25/12/2012 14:37Posted by Lucíen
I'm sure they have invested... maybe millions. In saying that i'm preeeeetttty sure Blizzard can afford to invest in other big projects involving wow without it making a dent in their cash flow. I'm no expert though, I could be wrong.

It's not only about the almighty buck. It's a lot of prestige when it comes to high level review and design board decisions. And when big software projects (which this is) decides on a course of action it takes a lot to change that.

And the bottom line of what I said is that I don't think they will do anything to make heirlooms truly accesible on every toon cause that would interfere with their "solution" to realms loosing players and popular realms getting overcrowded.
Edited by Kíma on 25/12/2012 15:53 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
Reading some of these posts rly makes me wonder do ppl honestly believe, that Blizz (Activision) is ever going to implement a "Heirloom Journal"?

Of course not, if I would be the guy in the drivers seat neither would I. They have a company, and they have to make profit, I know that. We are the paying customers and we are !@#$%ing when things are not going to our liking.
They keep ignoring us until they notice that S¤/T, we should have listened to ppl earlier. This lack of realm merging (it honestly would not need to be merging) is driving players out of WoW, I just cannot understand why it is no damn hard to see?

So I suggest instead of Heirloom Journal or realm merges give selected low ppl realms the chance to FCM away from there to another Low Populated realm, The ones who love ghost towns or the chance that they would have to rename their favourite toon could stay, but then the ones of us who are in need of community around them would be able to get one.
Reply Quote
24/12/2012 15:47Posted by Shammoz
This has been posted every day for the last 3 days.

Because it's not FIXED FOR 3 YEARS
Bind on Account - For every single CHARACTER on ACCOUNT.

So don't post bull!@#$ and make our liefs easier ...
Reply Quote
85 Troll Hunter
I'm ok with the fact that they won't make heirlooms truly BOA, but every single time this question is popped, the same answer is given: "bla bla technical difficulties bla bla". Now, I'm no developer/programmer or w/e...but it's a laughable insult directed at our puny minds. I mean how the hell can this be harder than adding transmog, for example? At least stop mentioning this "technical difficulties" bs. Please.
Edited by Vanatroll on 25/12/2012 19:19 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
25/12/2012 19:13Posted by Vanatroll
I'm ok with the fact that they won't make heirlooms truly BOA, but every single time this question is popped, the same answer is given: "bla bla technical difficulties bla bla". Now, I'm no developer/programmer or w/e...but it's a laughable insult directed at our puny minds. I mean how the hell can this be harder than adding transmog, for example? At least stop mentioning this "technical difficulties" bs. Please.

I agree wholeheartedly with you. I (and many others) really want this feature and it isn't difficult to implement. But as I posted before they probably wont and MVP will continue to give ridiculous answers on the subject.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Ok, so this technical hurdle is a bunch of BS, why? Well, only since you guys were able to make mounts and pets accountwide?

The same thing could be done via heirlooms by putting them into a nice tidy own "spellbook" or what you would be willing to call it. The only fact why you are not implementing this is the same reason, that you do not give anymore Free Charter Migrations or why you are not doing any realm merges, that would lose you a bunch of cash, since then ppl would not pay for charter transfer...

It is just so obvious to that it hurst my eyes.... -.-

And I know this post will be deleted TOO like the previous ones I have written on this topic....

^
Edited by Flúidz on 25/12/2012 20:51 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
24/12/2012 16:23Posted by Draztal
Ok so hierlooms(think thats how you spell it)can not be sent to other servers now the idea behinde these is to help people lv new chars faster right so why cant you send these to other realms,seriously blizz most ppl would like to be able to send them to other realms.This is a small issue that would make a massive difference to alot of people:)

So, in case we can put this topic to rest (as Shammoz pointed out on his post, it's a recurring topic that comes up every. single. day.)...

Regarding the ability to send heirlooms cross-realms, please be aware that it's highly unlikely it'll be implemented during Mists of Pandaria as there're numerous technical hurdles that need to be overcome first in order to happen.

why not via Battlenet? When you buy your first heirloom, it shows under your Battlenet. And when you create new character on new server, you just go to your account under Battlenet, select your server -> character -> heirloom (of course, you MUST own this heirloom with another character) -> click "Send" .
Is it hard to make like this?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
It's a very poor excuse from Blizzard. It keeps being sent to the "future expansion" bin. As others mentioned there's already xrealm zones, so why on Earth can't you make a special Xrealm/battle.net account mail box in Tanaris or something (where they have the cross faction AH).

I know you like me to transfer chars full of BoA's away from my main server at 15 euro, every now and then to make money, Blizzard, but come on. Solve this problem please.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
There are two ideas that I had for this problem, I'm sure someone must have thought of them also.

The first is account flagging when you purchase the heirloom for the first time. We then place a vendor in the starting areas that sell the heirloom for 1c. Off you can't purchase the items you haven't purchased with hp/JP. The heirlooms could be sold for 1c when your account is flagged.

The second would be to change the heirloom system to something that working like the title or mount system. Heirloom items are treated as usable items which when taught go in to a tab on the character screen. So all you would need to do is drag the needed item in to the character slots. I like this idea more as it would be great for duel specs and save a ton of bag space.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
The technology to do this does exist, it's just bundled into the expensive character realm-change service.

Suggestion - allow us to make a 'postman' alt who cannot be levelled and has a duration of a week. He comes with maximised bag space, and can be used once only to transfer across realms bearing heirlooms, items, materials and gold.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Solution for Blizzard

Just how we have a tab for mounts that are shared on account, create a tab only for heirlooms that can be shared too .

^ Is that hard? I don't know programming ... just wondering if we have mounts on account why cant we have heirlooms?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
5 or 6 slots in your main storage that is for 'Bind on account' items!
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Druid
of course they can do it but they want our money so they will not. It is better to milk us than to give us something useful
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
A lot of you have ideas to make heirlooms truly BOA but as some of us has stated here it is not because of lack of a technical solution that we won't see this. It's a lack of interest from Blizzards side and as a Blue poster stated earlier they want this subject laid to rest.It is starting to get embarrassing for them i guess.

I do challenge Blizzard to prove me wrong though cause no one would be happier than me if this became a reality.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
why not via Battlenet? When you buy your first heirloom, it shows under your Battlenet. And when you create new character on new server, you just go to your account under Battlenet, select your server -> character -> heirloom (of course, you MUST own this heirloom with another character) -> click "Send" .
Is it hard to make like this?

there are many ways to do it. Simple when you create a new character blizzard mail you the heirlooms you have on your account. Technically you will have the same heirloom 2-3-4 times but doesn't matter you cannot make gold by selling it..they could have also make a new tab on character panel where there is the heirlooms and you check/uncheck what you wanna use. Or simple when you take a heirloom it is unlocked for your account and you can buy it from the vendor in all servers for free or for a small gold fee (to avoid people take thousands for fun or troll).

There 1000000 ways to fix this but lets be honest...as far as server transfer cost money heirlooms will NEVER be able to share through server and will ALWAYS have ridicculus high JP price. In other games server transfer is free, not only for pay to play games but also to buy to play games...

the way Blizzard treat the customers is a lesson that can be taught in schools of how greedy a company can be
Edited by Elbereth on 26/12/2012 13:19 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]