Hierlooms why not!?

What is so hard to make 1 additional bank bag space, that would be shared across all characters, regardless of realm?

The only special rule would be that only heirloom items can be "traded" (taken out of this bag slot) among character regardless of realm.

This slot could also be used for transferring any non soulbound item on the same realm of the same faction. Quite like how in-game mail is used.

As I understand thus could be not that hard to implement as items are already "characters/faction bound" even those, who are not "soulbound".

----------------------------------------------

Where are the news regarding "redesigning" initial, hard coded 16 slot bag on characters? Not that long ago, developers removed the "keyring slot" to make room for improved an bigger backpack of 16 slots?

Where is our improved and bigger backpack? There are 28 slot bags in the game yet we, players are still having a 16 slot backpack, which was designed 7 years ago?
Edited by Nihyla on 26/12/2012 13:33 GMT
Reply Quote
16 Draenei Monk
24/12/2012 16:23Posted by Draztal
Ok so hierlooms(think thats how you spell it)can not be sent to other servers now the idea behinde these is to help people lv new chars faster right so why cant you send these to other realms,seriously blizz most ppl would like to be able to send them to other realms.This is a small issue that would make a massive difference to alot of people:)

So, in case we can put this topic to rest (as Shammoz pointed out on his post, it's a recurring topic that comes up every. single. day.)...

Regarding the ability to send heirlooms cross-realms, please be aware that it's highly unlikely it'll be implemented during Mists of Pandaria as there're numerous technical hurdles that need to be overcome first in order to happen.

Smells untrue. If you were able to do it for the pets and mounts you'd have no problems implementing that for looms too. So no, I do not believe you.

If this company spent working half the time it spends on making excuses we'd all be a much happier family.
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Shaman
Another example of Blizzard lying to us the real reason they wont do it is simple. They make money of Transfers dont forget Blizzard's motto " $%@ the customer lets make some money"
Reply Quote
I thought of a way blizzard could maybe deal with the xrealm herilooms. Its a system already in place.

Free character transfers!
Requirements.
Character MUST be level 1.
Character MUST have no more then 1 gold currency.
Character can ONLY have ilvl1 items and a hearthstone in bags.
Character MUST not be in a Guild.
Account can only do this free transfer once per 30 days.

How it would work:
Player sends items to newly created level 1.
Player logs out.
Player logs into battle.net and select Free character transfer.
Select the level 1 character, it does it checks, select the new realm.
Character is then transfer within the 3 working day window (normally less then 1 hour).
Player logs into wow, and selects the new realm, where they transfered, and send the items to the correct character.

The end!

----

Or they could just give us an Bound to account bank slot... that is shared with all characters on the account, but can only contain herilooms etc.
Edited by Sickíe on 26/12/2012 16:27 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
26/12/2012 14:07Posted by Aelira
Smells untrue. If you were able to do it for the pets and mounts you'd have no problems implementing that for looms too. So no, I do not believe you.

They want Heirlooms to be mailed cross real, they don't want to add a heirloom bank like for pets and mounts. They would have to change the mailing system in order to support this. And yes, they could totally do this, however, it's something that would only be used for heirlooms as of right now. Question is, how much time would it take to implement and how many people would actually use it.

Blizzard has a massive wish list and todo list, and on those list there are things that are worth implementing and those that aren't. Player housing for example is something people would love to see and even Blizzard expressed interest, but, it's not much of a gameplay element and it would take a lot of effort to implement. It would probably mean less time on new cities or dungeons. Thus it is something we haven't seen yet.

It's all about resources (time and manpower) and how and where you spend them.

Cross realm mailing of heirlooms is possible to do, just not worth it at this point in time. We will probably see it in the future when we might have cross realm guilds for example and mailing to your guildies on another realm makes sense.

26/12/2012 14:07Posted by Aelira
If this company spent working half the time it spends on making excuses we'd all be a much happier family.

CM's don't work on the game, they aren't developers.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Yes!Blizz responed!woop!Its goood to knwo thay have a reason and that its one there honest about gratz on that blizz.HOWEVER with the amount of cash blizzz get every day you would think thayed get of there assses and fix it after all if it makes the customers happy its worth it
:)
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
something that would help is an account wide bank so you can get anything you want for any char on any realm, that would be relatively simple to implement as it wouldnt need to go through any mailing system.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I wrote a ticket to gm last year to ask him is it possible to transfer looms cross servers. He said that engineers had worked to do so. I've asked this year and i got exacly the same answer.
I think it's high time to made not only promise.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Sadly, too much money is made from transfers, and they'd like to keep it that way. They'll want to avoid losing money in any way shape or form, i.e removing the motivation for people to level new characters on new realms without the extra % of XP gain.

QQ. :-(
Reply Quote
90 Troll Death Knight
Hope this gets fixed sometime soon but it probely will not aw well blizz must ve busy with patch 5.2 then again is it that big of a problem to fix.Blizz just do it will ya!
Reply Quote
48 Human Priest
Mail them all to new characters in a container. Take out the ones you need, then stick the bag with the rest in the bank when you reach the city at level 5.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
You know, on the front page there is the "latest blizzard posts"?

The blue reply on this thread does not even show there.... So they are totaly dumping this conversation... -.-
Edited by Shadelash on 26/12/2012 23:27 GMT
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Human Death Knight
26/12/2012 23:26Posted by Shadelash
The blue reply on this thread does not even show there.

It could be because Draztal was only repeating what we already know; they want to do it but it's difficult to find the time to do so. Or he could simply have not tagged it by accident (shock, horror).
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
....yeah right....
Reply Quote
88 Dwarf Shaman
Yes!Blizz responed!woop!Its goood to knwo thay have a reason and that its one there honest about gratz on that blizz.HOWEVER with the amount of cash blizzz get every day you would think thayed get of there assses and fix it after all if it makes the customers happy its worth it
:)

Not sure what you are talking about Blizzard are not being honest at all they are lying threw their teeth, the real reason they don't do it is b'cos they like to $%@~ over their customers and prefer money to a happy client base
Reply Quote
there is only one reason why there is no x-realm loom transfer. you know it , i know it and they know it too. Paid character transfer rate would drop like a brick if they change it. There are a lot of people i personally know that transfer chars just to get their looms across new servers Anyone who believes otherwise about this issue probably still believes santa is real too.
Edited by Deadpixel on 27/12/2012 15:48 GMT
Reply Quote
btw the same "technical issues" has been around for like 3 years now. You could have reprogram wow from ground up within that time imo
Reply Quote
85 Undead Warlock
I will revive this topic because I'm sick of this "issue" with heirlooms. Come on, it's so damn EZ for you to make blizz. The only obstacle I can think of is if people could send heirlooms cross realms you would've lost $ from paid character transfer. That sucks for you. It really do. But come on, on WOTLK trailer you promised new dances. WHERE THE HELL ARE MY DANCES?! That's it. You let me down only two times. Heirlooms and dances (on which I don't care, but it also was promise you couldn't keep...).

Profits of XR heirlooms:
more movement between realms = better A:H ratio on them (just in theory)
less dead realms (also theory)

Why? Because it would be easy to switch realms with friends who can play (3 ppl on DF with heirlooms makes leveling really fast and fun if those 3 ppl know how to play)

Happy new year!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Only thing heirlooms are good for is for ganking/griefing untwinked players in bg's.

So a very big NO

If you need heirlooms for leveling you are pussy.

Really did you ever die leveling when pulling les than 4 mobs?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
24/12/2012 16:23Posted by Draztal
Regarding the ability to send heirlooms cross-realms, please be aware that it's highly unlikely it'll be implemented during Mists of Pandaria as there're numerous technical hurdles that need to be overcome first in order to happen

mounts can be account bound.. make something to place the heirloom gear in like mounts so they can be account bound too.... ://
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]