Valithria dreamwalker Warrior solo question?

90 Human Warrior
NDZ
hi all

ok so having a go at soloing ICC 10 just for the hell of it coz I'm bored and so far its been find despite a few wipes I've manage to make it all the way to Valithria dreamwalker trouble is this fight is impossible i cant heal her for a start and bandages are useless as I can’t 10 seconds quiet to fully apply it not to mention the fact that even if I do I still have to wait for the cool down period by which time the heal gained from the bandage is gone again due to the adds which i simply cant kill em fast enough because there coming from 2 separate directions

funny but I though bliz was meant to have fixed the mechanics of fight like this in 5.1 to make it possible to solo them so long as ya gear is good enough the adds are no threat to me with second wind there’s no way they can kill me but I cant heal Valithria dreamwalker fast enough due to the cool down on the bandages and when ya try entering the portals the encounter bugs and resets so just how the hell do none healing classes like warriors complete this encounter ? and don't say take a friend because that defeats the purpose of doing this solo
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
I doubt this can be done in any way as warrior without any means of exploiting. It's a shame you can't skip the boss, it's annoying when i do my ICC solo's on my DK to log my priest just to clear that boss I agree.
Reply Quote
22/12/2012 22:44Posted by Bethrezen
funny but I though bliz was meant to have fixed the mechanics of fight like this in 5.1 to make it possible to solo them

Not quite.

There have been changes to make some bosses easier to solo by dealing with some of the mechanics which made it impossible.

But, from what they stated earlier, they've done so from the point of view that the group doing such runs will have 3 players. Nor have they changed things so much that all classes can solo all bosses. As such there are still mechanics such as Val which can be impossible to beat.

I don't think changing Vals mechanics would be a good idea, but adding some mechanic whereby a soloer can skip a boss would probably be welcomed by many.

EJL
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
funny but I though bliz was meant to have fixed the mechanics of fight like this in 5.1 to make it possible to solo them so long as ya gear is good enough the adds are no threat to me with second wind there’s no way they can kill me but I cant heal Valithria dreamwalker fast enough due to the cool down on the bandages and when ya try entering the portals the encounter bugs and resets so just how the hell do none healing classes like warriors complete this encounter ? and don't say take a friend because that defeats the purpose of doing this solo

The core mechanic of the entire fight is that she's to be healed up. So..bring a healer or reroll Draenei.

They made some fights that was painful to solo for all classes more soloable, they didn't say that all classes now have an easy time to solo. Afaik, they did nothing to Valithria, as changing without making new mechanics (like, say, it detects what class you are and you gain a healing ability if not ) it would devastate the whole fight. This is the only fight an ms healer will get down faster than you, that doesn't make the fight broken ;P

which i simply cant kill em fast enough because there coming from 2 separate directions
Did you enter a portal to get the dps buff? That said, I have no clue of what happens if there's noone in the top room. Hm. Anyone know? I've never bothered to solo ICC myself, but I wouldn't think the adds would do such a significant amount of damage that it wouldn't be saveable.
Edited by Nuvielle on 23/12/2012 00:38 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
NDZ
maybe just add an nps that would give none healer classes a healing ability would do the trick like they do when questing talk to the nps and they give you a temporary item that grants you a new ability which is needed for the quest after which it vanishes that i think would be the best way because you don't need to meddle with the mechanics its easy to implement and it would at leate make it possible for all classes to solo its would still be difficult because you would still need gear and need to know what ya doing but at least you wouldn't just get stopped dead in ya tracks as i've been right now

Did you enter a portal to get the dps buff? That said, I have no clue of what happens if there's noone in the top room. Hm. Anyone know? I've never bothered to solo ICC myself, but I wouldn't think the adds would do such a significant amount of damage that it wouldn't be saveable.

every time I've tried entering the portal it just buggs and resets probably because I'm not a healing class
Edited by Bethrezen on 23/12/2012 00:46 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Maby a wild guess but have you checked what ability you get as warrior from druid symbiosis? cause there a rare in pandaria that drop a item wich grants you symbiosis for an hour if it a healing ability that might help you out.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
My god man, have you ever heard of punctuation? That right there is impossible to read.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warrior
23/12/2012 02:35Posted by Schnuffel
My god man, have you ever heard of punctuation? That right there is impossible to read.

^
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Maybe just add an npc that would give no-healing classes a healing ability would do the trick, like they do when questing; talk to the npc's and they give you a temporary item that grants you a new ability which is needed for the quest and afterwards it disappears. I think that would be the best way because you don't need to meddle with the mechanics, it's easy to implement and it would at least make it possible for all classes to solo.

It would still be difficult because you would still need gear and need to know what you're doing, but at least you wouldn't just get stopped dead in your tracks as I've been right now.

Fixed for my own comprehension, my god, that's impossible to read. >_<

And I agree, it would be handy. However, it's easier for Blizz to have us go
/2 LF1HealerICC than to introduce new changes to an encounter that's 2 expansions old.

This
every time I've tried entering the portal it just buggs and resets probably because I'm not a healing class

makes me think that someone has to be upstairs at all time or the dragon resets automatically. I doubt it has anything with class to do, it's more that mobs doesn't have anything to target upstairs thus it resets.
Edited by Nuvielle on 25/12/2012 03:53 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
100 stacks of emerald vigor gives you + 1000% healing and dmg done so try bandage or reroll draenei...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
23/12/2012 00:02Posted by Talen
There have been changes to make some bosses easier to solo by dealing with some of the mechanics which made it impossible.

This is only applied to the raids thats now dropping battle pets, and only a very few bosses, go read patch notes
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]