5.2 mistweaver changes

90 Pandaren Monk
Hello
Just wanted to start by saying that I do like many of the mistweaver changes come 5.2 (Healing Spheres will now heal for 50% of their original value if they expire without being picked up) for example. Also this is about mistweavers in PvE.

However i'm not sure if the changes shown on the WoW insider post are enough. Our main problem, mana, does not seem to be touched on much. With all level 30 abilities having a longer CD (apart from zen sphere)we will need to spend more time needing to get chi for uplift, meaning more mana spent on spinning crane kickand jab. In my opinion mistweavers need a bigger buff (maybe lowering some of the 5.1 nerfs) for us to be good healers again.

Again this is just my opinion and I want to know what other PvE mistweavers think, are these changes enough, how will your play style change or do you even think we are under powered at the moment?

Thanks
Edited by Suiki on 23/12/2012 16:00 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
(PVP perspective)

My toughts about the current 5.2 patch notes:
- Ring of peace: time to decide btw leg sweep vs. ring of peace...wont be easy decision.
- Nimble brew: why windwalker and brewmaster only? I think MW need it much more, to avoid the current CC fest in the game. We wont get it? Bad news...very bad.
- Chi wave: if they fix the bouncing issues...for example...friendly...enemy...enemy dies...rest bounces disappears, then will be good....otherwise we just got a longer cooldown.
- Zen sphere: good changes, hope they will increase the healing a bit too... and I hope its dmg wont affect the paralized target.
- Chi burst: 30 sec cd too much for a pure dmg increase and still need to cast. Around 15 sec will be okay.
- Path of blossoms: Removed. Thanks for the gods!
- Paralysys: good changes, but its still breaks for any kind of dmg...thats means, we cant go with 90% of the current dps classes, because everyone applies automatically at least 1 damaging dot. I hope there will be a glyph, which removes all kind of dots from the paralyzed target, like hunters scatter shot / ice trap glyphs.
- Tigers Lust: Cost no chi. Tier 1 must have talent. Rest will be crap compared with that.
- Touch of Karma: good for WW's, wont affect us.
- Charging ox wave: 30 sec cd is okay, but still dont need a target, and if the cone will be too narrow, it will be pointless to use it in pvp. When the opponent continuously moves, too hard to predict, where to cast this spell. Plus there will be much better options on this talent tier, like Leg Sweep and Ring of Peace. Against this talents, CoW has no chance.
- Dampen Harm: good change, we will see how this works in pvp against the current burst.
- Healing sphere and its bloom effect: will be ok for pve, I dont see too much valuable thing here for pvp, 90% of the times, when the sphere will bloom, we will be on the other side of the arena...so its will be a wasted heal.
- Healing elixirs: bleh, still bad. This talent in the current form has no match against Dampen Harm (new version) or Diffuse Magic (btw if we dont get Nimble brew, then Diffuse Magic why dont breaks cc's?).
- Chi torpedo: +15% dmg...pfff...there is really no better idea from the developers??? Compare that with the fixed new Xuen, and I said everything.
- Life cocoon: Not dispellable. Good. Hope they removes that crappy levitate effect too...very annoying -.-

Rest things are basically WW and BM buffs, so in pvp MW view pointless to discuss.

So my final toughts are...hmm...well...we will see...but I think, I will change to WW till 5.2.
Seems much better overall than the MW "hotfixes"...

But thats my point of view, needs to test the changes on PTR.

PS: Oh...and i forgot, there will be another (~30%) nerf on Enveloping Mist, which still heals for a laughable amount in pvp situations. Bad news...

(sorry for my english, not my basic language)
Edited by Draconid on 23/12/2012 16:44 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Np :)
From what i can tell most of the mana changes and RM -30% are simply tool tip changes, those nerfs are live since 5.1 (and the hotfix after) .

PvP seems a bit better for us yeah :) needed as we kinda sucked in that space, time will tell if we are any good though
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Remember that these are just the patch notes for the PTR so yeah some of these changes are bound to change.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
Reading the title i expected an empty topic :P

On a serious note. The mistweaver changes PvEwise are absolutly lackluster so far. I really hope they will get to changing our healing spec around as much as they did the DPS one.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Monk
MoX
23/12/2012 18:22Posted by Spiritraven
On a serious note. The mistweaver changes PvEwise are absolutly lackluster so far. I really hope they will get to changing our healing spec around as much as they did the DPS one.

The DPS changes are making me consider a respec :(, mistweaver is boring and the changes so far haven't done anything to change that.

Still, this obviously isn't the final notes.
Edited by Xunda on 23/12/2012 18:43 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
@Ruuturitari
Yeah, im hoping that by the time the 5.2 is ready we'll have something more to look forward to. At the moment we have next ti no utility and mediocre healing output.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Hello
Just wanted to start by saying that I do like many of the mistweaver changes come 5.2 (Healing Spheres will now heal for 50% of their original value if they expire without being picked up) for example. Also this is about mistweavers in PvE.

If people are in 6 yards of the sphere, then yes. But that is pretty much melee range, this change will help us marginally at best. As far as the rest goes, I'd genuinely pay money to know what exactly is going in the heads of these developers. In all these years, I've never seen worse class design. The Chi Burst change is a blatant nerf for Mistweavers and the rest is just not very interesting. It'd be nice if they gave the Ring of Peace a damage reducing component so it can be used in raids.

Oh well. One can dream.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
@Reprieve
I think that would be a great idea, some much needed utility for us.
My biggest problem atm is that all (apart from resto druids) healers have more utility than us, and we dont have the output to compensate for it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
plus most of our heals are pure overheals, we have almost zero control about our heals, i hate that renew mist jumping total random.

i want to control my heals, i want to choose the player, which enjoys my heal, so i feel lot of times, there is too much thing, which are controlled by the computer, and its thinking instead of the player.

its good? i think not.
i really enjoying the mw healing, and i like its mobility and the whole MELEE HEALER(!) concept (if i want to be a ranged healer, then there is many other - better - choices), but atm its many times not enjoyable, its just frustrating like hell. especially in pvp situations.
currently i forced to be a ranged healer, because if i want to melee in pve, i often go oom half time at bossfight, and i use mana tea at cd.
in pvp situations with the current toolkit, melee healing is absolutely not viable (this situation was bad in 5.0.5, but then we did some dmg. now in 5.1 its total useless, we are degraded into an another crappy ranged healer.)

(i cant speak about pve, because i only do RF and i dont interested about the normal and heroic wipesfests...did it 7 years long, was more than enough. just pvp left for me.)
Edited by Draconid on 24/12/2012 00:16 GMT
Reply Quote
basicly, until they remove the current unlimited uplift and bring back melee healing, all they do is pretend to fix stuff. the concept, like draconid said, was a melee healer. I have always played a enhancement shammy with resto offspec and always wanted to be more a battle healer. I loved the concept and wanted to play mistweaver the first day i heard of it.

It worked, mostly, before the mana nerfs. I admit it worked too well and we needed nerfs but they killed 2 of the 3 playing styles a monk could use. And the proposed changes are not going to fix that.

for now, i switched to WW first and only support heal when our two main healers don't want to two heal. Yes, we can still heal. It's just not what sign up for.

for the 5.2 patch, I would love to see uplift become a 30 second cooldown that healed 3 low health party members. kinda like healing stream totem but then as a low powered Revival. it would fix a couple of issues and make our healing a little less uncontrollable. That combined with 3 jumps for renewing mist and a less mana, less healing spining crane might fix our AoE healing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Okaay.... so essentially they gonna nerf PvE mistweavers even further..
!@#$ blizzard, it's 2 months till my annual pass ends, then I'm out of this stupid game.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
@Phaonis
They are not really nerfing us much (if at all) Also this patch is MONTHS away from live, so im sure many changes will be made :) (i hope)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The healing spheres buff was really needed, as it is right now it's incredibly useless because who, during a raid encounter, thinks: "Damn, I'm low on health, are there any monk healing spheres around I can run over?". Now at least they have the potential to be a mediocre (at best, unless the timer is timed exceptionally well for a big damage AOE to every raid member and everyone is nearby spheres, lol). But it's still not something I'd put my mastery into, can't they just remove the healing spheres or reverse it around: It expires after 10-15 seconds, healing for 100% to (or split amongst) those within 8 or 10 yards, with a lower chance to spawn them, and if you walk over them you only heal for 50% of the amount?

What I don't like about the monk is that the healing is a bit too uncontrollable, and the mana issues. If you put me on tank duty (me alone), for example on Will of the Emperor or the adds in the Empress Shek'zeer fight (where there is a ton of damage on tanks), count on me being OOM or close to in less than a minute. My best option to keep that tank alive is to put Renewing mists on him, stream Soothing mists and push out instant Surging mists - now, here it can go well for me, I can get lots of chi from Soothing so I can put in a few Uplifts instead of Surging but unfortunately there's too low chance from Soothing to get chi to make it reliable. If I go into melee to jab for chi, I will go OOM fast cause jab is horribly expensive and I won't be able to channel Soothing+Surging either if I decide to jab+Uplift. I do have the chance to glyph Uplift but that doesn't help the mana issues.
Edited by Mindglow on 25/12/2012 12:46 GMT
Reply Quote
29 Pandaren Shaman
23/12/2012 16:34Posted by Draconid
Nimble brew: why windwalker and brewmaster only? I think MW need it much more, to avoid the current CC fest in the game. We wont get it? Bad news...very bad.

Same as shamans Shamanistic rage, only for enhancement and elemental, restoration would be great if they got this cd aswell, can be used while stunned.
Edited by Vordraka on 25/12/2012 13:31 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
To be honest im not too fussed about my healing being 'random' , my biggest problem is mana. If i can cover the raid in RM and uplift lots (using jab) then people who need it will be healed most of the time. However current mana issues make that VERY hard to do.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
@Phaonis
They are not really nerfing us much (if at all) Also this patch is MONTHS away from live, so im sure many changes will be made :) (i hope)

Not nerfing us much?
By essentially removing (30 sec CD) tier 2 talents, they nerfed our healing output by another ~30% at least, leaving us with nothing to spend Chi on other than Enveloping Mist and Uplift - they are FORCING MWs to spam uplift even more, as there simply won't be another group heal..

so, in addition to no control of who gets the heals (as Renewing Mists are quite random) and giant portion of healing going straight to overhealing, we now have no mid-cost spammable heal.

Ah what the heck, why even bother.. It just makes me sick to pay blizzard 2 more times for Annual Pass for game that produces more frustration than fun..
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
25/12/2012 13:30Posted by Vordraka
Nimble brew: why windwalker and brewmaster only? I think MW need it much more, to avoid the current CC fest in the game. We wont get it? Bad news...very bad.

Same as shamans Shamanistic rage, only for enhancement and elemental, restoration would be great if they got this cd aswell, can be used while stunned.

Nah, we have nothing to break cc. Rshams have tons of totems (tremor, grounding to say the least). Pretty logical that they don't get shamanistic rage....

We should have Nimble Brew, period.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
@Phaonis

Not nerfing us much?
By essentially removing (30 sec CD) tier 2 talents, they nerfed our healing output by another ~30% at least, leaving us with nothing to spend Chi on other than Enveloping Mist and Uplift - they are FORCING MWs to spam uplift even more, as there simply won't be another group heal..

Our STH was already "meh". With the upcoming change to EM they're smacking us around with a sledgehammer. 3 Chi for a crappy heal. I foresee this change reverted or altered to increase the Soothing Mist heal bonus to compensate for the loss.
If this change goes through to 5.2 live then 10 man raids will become a pain in the !@#.

But hey look at it from the bright side.. We get even more free overheals from Chi Wave/Burst now. And they won't cost any Chi ;')

Wonder how Zen Sphere will work out. Allowing us to place it on 2 players is great but having no control over the detonation feels kind of meh. Hope it'll be stackable like Lifebloom. Atleast this would somewhat help on STH.

Atleast they finally decided to go through with the changes to our mastery. 6 yards is rather close though so it won't help much on fights where the raid has to move frequently (Garalon being a great example) or require long walks (Blade Lord and Wind Lord)

23/12/2012 16:34Posted by Draconid
- Life cocoon: Not dispellable. Good. Hope they removes that crappy levitate effect too...very annoying -.-

I believe I read somewhere that they were planning to change it so it wouldn't interrupt casts and channels anymore upon expiring/popping
Edited by Ricz on 26/12/2012 00:07 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
actually, it will be less healing

1 x 200% healing is still WAY less than 7+ x 100% you can do over those 30 seconds..
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]