My toughts about the current 5.2 patch notes:
- Ring of peace: time to decide btw leg sweep vs. ring of peace...wont be easy decision.
- Nimble brew: why windwalker and brewmaster only? I think MW need it much more, to avoid the current CC fest in the game. We wont get it? Bad news...very bad.
- Chi wave: if they fix the bouncing issues...for example...friendly...enemy...enemy dies...rest bounces disappears, then will be good....otherwise we just got a longer cooldown.
- Zen sphere: good changes, hope they will increase the healing a bit too... and I hope its dmg wont affect the paralized target.
- Chi burst: 30 sec cd too much for a pure dmg increase and still need to cast. Around 15 sec will be okay.
- Path of blossoms: Removed. Thanks for the gods!
- Paralysys: good changes, but its still breaks for any kind of dmg...thats means, we cant go with 90% of the current dps classes, because everyone applies automatically at least 1 damaging dot. I hope there will be a glyph, which removes all kind of dots from the paralyzed target, like hunters scatter shot / ice trap glyphs.
- Tigers Lust: Cost no chi. Tier 1 must have talent. Rest will be crap compared with that.
- Touch of Karma: good for WW's, wont affect us.
- Charging ox wave: 30 sec cd is okay, but still dont need a target, and if the cone will be too narrow, it will be pointless to use it in pvp. When the opponent continuously moves, too hard to predict, where to cast this spell. Plus there will be much better options on this talent tier, like Leg Sweep and Ring of Peace. Against this talents, CoW has no chance.
- Dampen Harm: good change, we will see how this works in pvp against the current burst.
- Healing sphere and its bloom effect: will be ok for pve, I dont see too much valuable thing here for pvp, 90% of the times, when the sphere will bloom, we will be on the other side of the arena...so its will be a wasted heal.
- Healing elixirs: bleh, still bad. This talent in the current form has no match against Dampen Harm (new version) or Diffuse Magic (btw if we dont get Nimble brew, then Diffuse Magic why dont breaks cc's?).
- Chi torpedo: +15% dmg...pfff...there is really no better idea from the developers??? Compare that with the fixed new Xuen, and I said everything.
- Life cocoon: Not dispellable. Good. Hope they removes that crappy levitate effect too...very annoying -.-
Rest things are basically WW and BM buffs, so in pvp MW view pointless to discuss.
So my final toughts are...hmm...well...we will see...but I think, I will change to WW till 5.2.
Seems much better overall than the MW "hotfixes"...
But thats my point of view, needs to test the changes on PTR.
PS: Oh...and i forgot, there will be another (~30%) nerf on Enveloping Mist, which still heals for a laughable amount in pvp situations. Bad news...
(sorry for my english, not my basic language)
Edited by Draconid on 23/12/2012 16:44 GMT