The honor system needs a remake

90 Undead Death Knight
I think I can speak for pretty much everyone apart from people that enjoy wasting their time or are incredibly attached to this game when I say the following:

Farming honor for gear is a complete waste of time, and it's the reason why BGs are currently broken.

"Elaborate?" you might say. Sure, I'll elaborate.

Farming honor can be fun the first time around, sure. You hit level 90, enter a BG and get one-shot by everyone and there's close to no chance for you to actually participate in anything that remotely resembles PvP apart from dying, at least not until you have suffered your way through this for a few days.

Now, you've FINALLY gathered your last piece of honor gear, and you're ready to rock the arena for some filthy high rating because you are confident in the fact that you have a higher in-game IQ than most people. With this thought still in your head, you find an arena partner and queue up for 2v2. The game commences and you rush in to do some serious damage, except you don't really hurt him at all while he's running over you like a train. Why? Because he hit level 90 before you, so he has had time to wait the 4 weeks for the malevolent weapon.

You realize getting your 2,2k isn't going to be possible until you've waited for your 7250 season-earned conquest points. So while you wait for these 4 weeks to pass, you level up a new character, but when you hit 90, you find yourself being punished by Blizzard for levelling it, because now you're completely useless in PvP again, and you'll have to wait another 4 weeks in order to be able to kill stuff.

If my point doesn't come across clearly, I'll help you out a little here. Having to spend literally days of your life trying to attain gear is completely ridiculous and especially when you're a multiclasser like me. Instead of rewarding us for spending more time in this game, they choose to punish us and make us utterly useless for weeks. PvE is favored in this regard as you can, with some luck/help, be full epic literally the same week as you hit 90.

Winning a BG in this expansion does not rely on how well your team is doing; it's all about who has the less amount of bots in their team. This is a serious issue, but there is an obvious reason for why there are so many bots. People simply don't want to waste their time farming gear that they should have had from the get-go. I'd very much like a Guild Wars 2-solution where as soon as you enter a PvP area of some sort, you'd be fully geared. You are even implementing this for lower levels, so why not on 90?

I know you feel compelled to tell me I'm a noob that has to learn to play, but you can check my achievements, I'm not new to this game, I'm just sick of PvE being favored so much in every regard. If you watch a stream of any multigladiator/rank 1 that does PvP in low gear, you'll find that they are stuck on low ratings and they die to noobs all the time. I can't recall which multi rank 1 player that was recently on a negative w/l on 1600 mmr simply due to the fact that he doesn't have full PvP gear.

You introduced PvP power for the sole reason of making PvP less gear-dependent by removing PvE from the PvP arena, but instead you made it more gear-dependent than it has ever been.

Fix it so I don't have to die to backpedallers anymore.
Edited by Hazzahx on 28/12/2012 04:33 GMT
Reply Quote
no it doesn't. its your choice to have multiple characters and the game shouldnt be dumbed down just because your bored with the old way. and you can always convert your jp to honor or only queue for av or ioc and never even have to see the enemy. and if you dont like arena get oQueue and do rbgs.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
28/12/2012 04:27Posted by Hazzahx
I'd very much like a Guild Wars 2-solution where as soon as you enter a PvP area of some sort, you'd be fully geared. You are even implementing this for lower levels, so why not on 90?

having played GW2 aswell, I totally would love to see this implemented, everyone has the same gear, perhaps have the "elite" gear as transmog for peeps that reach that rating, but I honestly can't gear my alts because I go in, get one shotted, only to repeat the process over and over, its demotivating and so boring, it should NOT be about gear, only skill. I don't see how blizzard can't see this. I certainly am not learning much about PvP on my alts, only thing I have learned is smashing my keyboard in frustration and alt F4ing because I can't handle been two shotted or one shotted by a destro lock.

Everyone should have the same gear, actually be able to go and do some arena and gain some decent rating on your main or alts based on skill not bloody gear.

Please Blizzard, just do something about it, its at the point where its not fun anymore, you go in to gear your alts, (i like pvping at night) and its a match of who has the best bots, because you have implemented this stupid gearing system - "item upgrade" seriously ? what weed where ye smoking that day ? this game has lost itself, I loved logging in, getting on TS or Skype to do some PvP with my friends, now there leaving the game for something else because this game has just gone downhill so much, I keep playing "hoping" ye actually might do something about it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Btw, honor sets will be craftable on the next patch. It will save people lots of headache.
Until the next season of course.

But I hate conquest grind.
I want to pvp, instead I have to worry about cap. This cap thing got so much on my nerves that I decided to stop with this cap c....p before it ruins my fun totally.

Compared to pve, one can have epics in the first weeks by just grinding daily quests. I do not do much LFR and yet my pve gear is good, it's only from daily quests and scenario valor points and reputation.

While in pvp we're forced to do arenas for cap, random bgs are a nightmare atm. Blizzard should give more ways to obtain CP and I wrote this a thousand times already.

Not to mention that I will not gear my alt for pvp because I have to cap her as well and to do so I am forced to go through the same situation.

I don't want to be full pvp geared in the moment I ding 90, but compared with Valor points gain and how easy it is, CP is not. Blizzard said that CP are something more "exclusive" than VP, well to me this is bs. They give away almost free high item lvl epics with VP AND easy ways to obtain them, this is rather discriminating because it favors PVE. "Why do pvp when you can have free epics? All go do PVE in this game."
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
blizzard simply shows the highest level of human stupidity with the upgrade system.
calculatingly, they keep thousands of players away from being able to participate in pvp.
also high level pvpers dont want to stomp other people cuz of their gear. just let the arena-tournament stuff balance pvp PLX
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
AJ quote:

It's really not that it's more "hardcore" now. It's more like if you didn't play since the first few weeks, consistently, you can just !@#$ off.

The biggest problem is that the total amount of points required to be full geared is much more now, so the difference between you and the top geared people is even bigger, and it also takes (much) longer to reduce this gap. I mean a lot of the high rated players are still not even full 2/2 themselves, so if both you and them are still working on gear, that gap hasn't even started reducing yet. You won't even feel like your gear situation is improving compared to them, because they are still improving their gear as well.

It's a really %^-*ing retarded system, and I'm sure it made LESS people play, not more like it was trying to. I doubt I'm the only one who thought halfway into a season "hey, maybe I should try PvP again... oh wait, jk, won't be fun being !@#$ geared ALL THE %^-*ING TIME". A counterproductive, stupid idea.

thanks to thaya
Edited by Facile on 28/12/2012 13:21 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
just make the upgrade system pve only
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Rogue
Or make the upgrades cost *much* less - or make the currency for them universal for both PVE and PVP.

At first I thought it was a nice addition, but looking at the grind & time involved, it's just ridiculous.

In fact, this entire expansion is so anti-ALT it's disturbing. I used to run 4-5 max level toons, now I can't make upkeep on 1.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
This is just so true.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Btw, honor sets will be craftable on the next patch. It will save people lots of headache.
Until the next season of course.

No, they won't. They're the same relative power as current craftables are to current honor gear.

It's designed as a way to ease you onto the Honor treadmill, not a solution to the gearing problem (Which only gets worse now because of item upgrade. Such a retarded system : /)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
28/12/2012 04:27Posted by Hazzahx
I'd very much like a Guild Wars 2-solution where as soon as you enter a PvP area of some sort, you'd be fully geared. You are even implementing this for lower levels, so why not on 90?

if that happened. i would quit wow for sure. what would the meaning of pvp be then. killing people getting achievements.... I agree farming takes long. but we are still in our first season and it's always a Headache... But doing pvp like gw2 is pointless. starting with full malo elite gear and conquest wep. nah no fun. i like farming and gathering gear on my way to get good achieves and have a fun time...... just my opinion but it wouldn't be fun if you couldn't farm for any gear
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I like the idea of progressing your char, but I think that the honor requirement should be less, maybe do so that items will be 50-80% cheaper, I believe it would also mean that people were less tempted to bot, and for god sake, remove upgrades from pvp, its a bring-gear-not-player mentality you get from that
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
28/12/2012 19:14Posted by Tereith

if that happened. i would quit wow for sure. what would the meaning of pvp be then. killing people getting achievements.... I agree farming takes long. but we are still in our first season and it's always a Headache... But doing pvp like gw2 is pointless. starting with full malo elite gear and conquest wep. nah no fun. i like farming and gathering gear on my way to get good achieves and have a fun time...... just my opinion but it wouldn't be fun if you couldn't farm for any gear

You're missing the entire point of my post. I'm touching on the fact that there's a "total season earned"-requirement for weapons, for what reason? I can't actually see any reason why there'd be a "total season earned"-requirement AT ALL. And not only that, but the gap between regular honor gear and upgraded malevolent is just ridiculous and it's like you're several seasons apart in gear. Additionally, it blows my MIND why there isn't a blue honor weapon with 90-95% PvP power to that of the malevolent weapon, there's just absolutely no good explanation for why they would take a royal crap on PvP like this.

Of course you should strive for something at least, which is why I'd want to keep the 2,2k rewards exactly as they are just now. Actually, I'd love to see rating requirements on all gear like back in the days where you needed 1600 for boots, 2k for shoulders, 1850 for t1 weaps etc. My point is, starting with 0 gear and doing the honor farm required for the dreadful is NOT fun, and it never has been. You have to be some sort of a sadomasichist if you enjoy that part of gearing.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
28/12/2012 10:06Posted by Ternezia

What will happen with malevolent?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
28/12/2012 21:02Posted by Bracinfrend

What will happen with malevolent?

It'll be the new honor gear.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I posted this on AJ just after I posted it here, I'll link to it for those that want to see what the gladiators have to say:

http://www.arenajunkies.com/topic/235079-the-honor-system-is-in-need-of-a-remake
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I agree. What restrains me from pvp lately is the massive honor grind that I have to endure for I don't know how many times. Started in vanilla, had 8+ alts since.

I wan't to play pvp to feel victory, to outskill others. I'm not slow or braindead enough to like this "gear up process in pvp" over and over and over.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Completely agree with this topic.

I made a similar thread; http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6169747506

Blizzard have well and truly shafted a huge portion of their PVP playerbase this season.

Note to Blizzard; PVP IS ABOUT SKILL, NOT GEAR. PVP IS ABOUT SKILL, NOT GEAR. PVP IS ABOUT SKILL, NOT GEAR. PVP IS ABOUT SKILL, NOT GEAR. PVP IS ABOUT SKILL, NOT GEAR.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Rogue
I dont mind the gearing and upgrade system at all. I mind the time you have to spend on it.

Take PvE, you have scrub gear then you do Dungeons, you get better gear your do Heroics then LFR or Normals and finally Heroics. All the time you are able to "win"
You always have a plateau you can progress on "and enjoy"

Now Take PvP (excluding boosts) you are in no way able to meet the minimum requirements for the starter entry, and as the expansion continues this will only get worse as the gap from new 90 to honor geared player gets bigger and thats not taking into account all the conq geared players doing bg'
Here there is no plateau everyone is smacked together at 90

So you have a situation where insted of a win progression you have a long period of death progression.

Make the pvp upgrade time "more" equivalent to pve

People pvp because they want the challange of beating other players, with the gear gap that challange is verry small.
And sure if some people enjoy stomping then im sure Blizzard could make a BG with bots for them as that is what BG is turned into anyway cause of this horrible grind
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
This is so true.

I was levelling a mage but I stopped it because by the time I reach level 90 I´ll be so far behind in gear that I will get shat on by everyone.

So dumb that you have to wait for 4 weeks after you hit 90 to even buy a weapon, only when you have the weapon you can do decent damage/healing only to find out by this time you are facing people with 2/2 upgraded malevolent and an item level 30 levels above you.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]