What is Soloable as a lvl 90 Ret Pally?

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Basically, I'm getting my geek on and want some classic armour sets for mogging, obviously got my eyes on Judgement, but don't think I could get through the first boss on BWL, so now looking more at BT/SWP/BMH.

Btw, I'm about an average ability player, only play casually.

TIA
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Razorgore in BWL is very much soloable as ret. You can watch some videos, to figure out best practise... But basically : Put Righteous Fury on - and I found it easiest when you spec into Lights Hammer and place it at your feet while you control Razorgore. When you damage the adds, make sure not to hit Razorgore. If you hit him with some AOE just once, you risc wiping (if he dies before eggs are gone - you die)

Lights Hammer will heal you, while attracting the hordes of evil pouring in from all entrances. I never had to heal Razorgore once, but it is possible, in a short period of time, just as he exits the mindcontrol.

Rest of BWL is easy. The part with the "Suppression Traps" leading up to Broodlord Lashlayer are highly annoying. Bubble and rocket boots can speed it up a bit, though, but its still painfully slow.

I've soloed all of the raids in vanilla and TBC (still want/need shoulders from Black Temple -.-) without much effort - and in not-so-great gear. Naxxramas and SSC is also quite easy.

Mt. Hyjal is long and boring due to waves and encounters in general. But easy if you got the patience to kill wave after wave after wave.

I've always loved AQ40, and it was fun to go back and kill C'Thun and finally get last piece of the Avenger's set (chest) and the red mount. My former guild only killed C'Thun once (back in 2008) and haven't seen him since (or heard his awesome voiceacting) so good times ! If you want the paladin-set from AQ40, its obtainable through quests. Quest-givers are located in the zone and needs some pieces you can obtain from chests and drops.

Never tried Sunwell Plateau, Ulduar or ICC. But I'm sure Google can help you out there.

Good luck,

- Mignon

ps The vanilla raids all have chance of pets dropping from bosses. An incentive for the pet-collectors.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i already have all the paladin armor sets, collecting warrior and Deathknight armor now(im pro :P)
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Whole Classic is easily soloable.
Whole TBC is easily soloable (thou Karatress (or what ever that naga guy with his adds in SCC is called) is a bit tricky and needs good gear and ofc Kalecgos and Brutallus are kinda un-soloable as not DK).
Nearly all of WOTLK 10 man is easily soloable - certain boss mechanix still dont allow a solo kill (e.g. Thorim).
I dont think WOTLK 25 or any Cata Raid is doable as Ret.

But Prots can actually do WOTLK 25 and some Cata raids very well.
Edited by Rayvén on 03/01/2013 22:49 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
Onyxia 25 is solable, half way thru i wonder why the adds hit me soo hard and why she had that much health.

Thorim is solable, but requires good use of boots/pot/speed of thought

Plague quarter in naxx 25 man is double i think.

Flame levithan, first boss in ulduar 25 man is good to do. If the cars wouldn't despawn some of the hard modes would be doable.

That's what i have solo'd so far in mop
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/01/2013 22:48Posted by Rayvén

So you'd recommend Prot? I usually play Holy and can't decide whether to go Prot or Retri for solo raids :-/
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
04/01/2013 18:08Posted by Soli

So you'd recommend Prot? I usually play Holy and can't decide whether to go Prot or Retri for solo raids :-/

Prot with Ret gear is the way to go for solo raids; the difficult part is to kill the bosses before the enrage timer, but with a lot of haste and strength on you it shouldn't be too difficult even ICC 25 (obviously you still won't be able to solo bosses with certain mechanics).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
04/01/2013 18:08Posted by Soli

I don't think prot can solo BWL, since Vaelastrasz the Corrupt needs to be dps'ed really fast or your death will follow. Not sure about holy though..

In my opinion, it depends on how you want to solo raids. If you want to kill only bosses for loot, I would recommend Ret. If you want to take on all the trash (a lot/all at once to save time) I'd recommend prot.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Whole Classic is easily soloable.
Whole TBC is easily soloable (thou Karatress (or what ever that naga guy with his adds in SCC is called) is a bit tricky and needs good gear and ofc Kalecgos and Brutallus are kinda un-soloable as not DK).

Brutallus is easily soloable as Ret, you just have to reset the Debuff with your shield if it has reached a high stack. If it's still too hard, just change to Prot and he's a piece of cake.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Soloable:
Everything bellow WotLK exept some tricky fights

WotLK:
Naxx 10
Naxx 25 - A lot of exeptions though (Gluth, Thaddius, Instructor Razuvious, 4 horsemen I guess)

Malygos 10
Malygos 25 - IF you're good enough, P3 is a bit tricky

Sartharion 10 - Haven't tried 3 drakes solo but I doubt it's possible

That's as far as I've went
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I have soloed Naxx 10, Sartharion 3 drakes and Plague and Arachnid Quarters Naxx 25 (haven't tried the rest). Sartharion 3 drakes 25 would probably be very hard. (507 ilvl atm, would have been lower when i did Sarth and Naxx 10) edit - as Ret
Edited by Uilde on 08/12/2013 12:38 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]