The new gear system in 5.2 announced.

100 Human Priest
18/01/2013 12:51Posted by Bawz
Maybe atlast people will stop whining that they cant get 2.2 cus everyone the face has t2, hah

Not just that, i've encountered a lot of 2.2k rated and geared people at low mmr in 2vs2.
This change will solve that as well.
Reply Quote
Community
18/01/2013 11:32Posted by Draugarth
The Blue has left the building. How unexpected.
Nope, still here.

18/01/2013 12:21Posted by Helexis
We, who are about to farm, salute you!
How will it be any different to the farming that you are currently doing? You farm up your honor gear while buying conquest items with what you earn and then once you get full honor gear you go all out with farming your conquest points for gear.

Remember also that the rating inflation system might mean that the average MMR and team rating could increase, this means that the amount of Conquest points that you can earn each week may go up too. :)
Reply Quote
4 Night Elf Druid
Even tho Im not a 2.2k + rated player I dont like this change.

I dont want to have exactly the same gear as the better players :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
18/01/2013 12:51Posted by Bawz
Maybe atlast people will stop whining that they cant get 2.2 cus everyone the face has t2, hah

hahah kittycleave hero speaking...
Reply Quote
4 Night Elf Druid
So do we need 27k conquest earned and still have in "bags" or can we spend them on random stuff and then buy?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
18/01/2013 12:56Posted by Nakatoir
The Blue has left the building. How unexpected.
Nope, still here.

We, who are about to farm, salute you!
How will it be any different to the farming that you are currently doing? You farm up your honor gear while buying conquest items with what you earn and then once you get full honor gear you go all out with farming your conquest points for gear.

Remember also that the rating inflation system might mean that the average MMR and team rating could increase, this means that the amount of Conquest points that you can earn each week may go up too. :)

So are there ANY ideas yet about what the vanity items will be as well as how they could possibly be better than a cool set?
I heard the patch is coming out soon and if you want to implement this in 5.2 it is about time to get a rough idea about this.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

Whether one considers it a farm or not depends a lot on how long it takes.

Without gear upgrades it's going to take a shorter amount of time. However, due to rating inflation, people will still keep playing throughout the season, but have very little incentive to go into BG's to roflstomp people other than just for fun.

So overall this change reduces farming, increases competition, increases fun, decreases geargap, makes it possible to join mid-season. And it does all this without throwing away the fundamental tenet of the RPG - Improving your gear over time.

It's such an awesome set of changes. Really; normally I'm either happy (but not happy enough to bother expressing it as it doesn't concern me) or unhappy (I do voice this) about most changes; but sometimes you do something absolutely perfect which fixes so many problems this is one such case in my opinion.
Edited by Ishaye on 18/01/2013 13:06 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Does anyone know if there will still be cosmetic rewards? I read on the US Forums

The recolor elite gear will still have a rating requirement, in addition to only being available after a certain amount of points have been accumulated *27k*

But it was most likely a troll.

I think it's a good change that everyone will be more or less on the same gear level. But having some cosmetic items/gear recolor set past a certain rating 2.2-2.3k+ maybe? Would be great.

Can anyone confirm the statement quoted?
Reply Quote
37 Undead Mage
Aslong as you add transmorg gear or something they can showoff with for high rated players its fine. I'ts good that everyone will have the same gear statwise, maybe we finally can get a season with skill > gear.
Edited by Pangarnoobs on 18/01/2013 13:12 GMT
Reply Quote
Community
18/01/2013 13:07Posted by Kyutoryu
Can anyone confirm the statement quoted?
A quote from the "PvP Gear in 5.2 and Beyond" blog:

• 2200 rating requirements removed from all PvP gear. (5.2)
  • Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    18/01/2013 13:11Posted by Pangarnoobs
    Aslong as you add transmorg gear or something they can showoff with for high rated players its fine. I'ts good that everyone will have the same gear statwise, maybe we finally can get a season with skill > gear.

Whats the point in being skilled if everyone is at the same level? if there gonna make everyone the same gear then they got to make class allmost identical to make it skill based so wow pvp is now purely in blizzard hands in nerfs and buffs. along with people no lifeing the game to get gear

is this a way of trying to keep people playing the game?
    Reply Quote
    37 Undead Mage

Whats the point in being skilled if everyone is at the same level? if there gonna make everyone the same gear then they got to make class allmost identical to make it skill based so wow pvp is now purely in blizzard hands in nerfs and buffs. along with people no lifeing the game to get gear

Well, I understand that you are now afraid of being owned by lower rated players when they actually have the same gear as you and you can't steamroll them.

But the winner of a match should never be decided by who has the best gear, and the point in being skilled in pvp is to get high rating I belive, not to get the best gear so you can stomp noobs and feel good about yourself.
    Edited by Pangarnoobs on 18/01/2013 13:21 GMT
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Paladin
    I for one think it's the step in the right direction. However you might consider adding some vanity items/transmog/ mounts for very best players since I get the feeling that taking the elite gear form the cream of the crop might be the reason some players might feel a little bit... underestimated at best.

I joined the current season in the middle of it or so, since I had a little break from WoW and I like the idea of conquest points inflation. At the begining of the season when everyone had around the same ilevel on their gear I had no problem winning 10 times in the row, now however I strugle to heal thru damage done by full Malevolent gear players, loosing much more often. With the change to CP cap I get the feeling that we will get season where skill is much more desired than gear and I love it.
    Edited by Neurotop on 18/01/2013 13:26 GMT
    Reply Quote
    The Ladder ffs! The Rating. Stop the bull!@#$ about Everyone looks the same now. use Trasmo. Pvp is a mini game into wow. This is a good change. Stop the hating. Appreciate more.
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Priest
    Lets compare this to Challenge modes, I want the gear but instead of doing challenge modes for gold time i just have to do challenge modes 5 times each to get it simply making this game even more kid friendly.

Anyhow back on the track, any point in making t2 now since you just need to earn 27000 CP that season? Just let the 2.2 requirement stay and remove the stat difference on the weps so it will be a transmog like the challenge mode reward?
    Reply Quote
    90 Human Death Knight
    18/01/2013 13:19Posted by Pangarnoobs

Well, I understand that you are now afraid of being owned by lower rated players when they actually have the same gear as you and you can't steamroll them.

But the winner of a match should never be decided by who has the best gear, and the point in being skilled in pvp is to get high rating I belive, not to get the best gear so you can stomp noobs and feel good about yourself.

So you think pvp should be about who plays the most not who skilled? since i only play like 2 times a week as said in my post" http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6297383927?page=7 " Genuis fair play where did you grade at uni?

and your saything this as if i cant get higher rating? :S but people that put effort into being good should get more than cosmectic's as reward but you probs dont know that..
    Reply Quote
    90 Undead Mage
    Blizzard, this is good as !@#$. Love it.
    Reply Quote
    37 Undead Mage

So you think pvp should be about who plays the most not who skilled? since i only play like 2 times a week as said in my post" http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6297383927?page=7 " Genuis fair play where did you grade at uni?

and your saything this as if i cant get higher rating? :S but people that put effort into being good should get more than cosmectic's as reward but you probs dont know that..

Well, if you have 2,5k rating in RBG it shouldn't take you many weeks to get the 27k conq points, so you will have the best gear many many weeks before most casuals players who only get their 1800 every week.

And can you please tell me why you should get a gear advantage because your good? It just make it an even bigger cap between the best and not the best players.
    If you are playing on 2,5k RBG rating I'm pretty sure everyone has the same gear anyways, so I can't really see your problem unless you actually bought RBG boost and now is mad because everyone will have the same gear as you.
    Edited by Pangarnoobs on 18/01/2013 13:32 GMT
    Reply Quote
    48 Blood Elf Hunter
    Taken from a thread at Arena Junkies;

1) Save all the conquest points you get til you've reached 27,000 Conquest Points.
    2) Farm all the gear you would normally spend your Conquest Points on with Honor
    3) Upgrade the gear you farmed with Honor with your saved up Conquest Points (From Normal Tyranical to Elite)
    4) Be behind in Gear Progression first 2 months, be a head for the next 2/Rest of seasson.

Is this going to be possible? I sincerely hope not.
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]