The new gear system in 5.2 announced.

37 Undead Mage
Taken from a thread at Arena Junkies;

1) Save all the conquest points you get til you've reached 27,000 Conquest Points.
2) Farm all the gear you would normally spend your Conquest Points on with Honor
3) Upgrade the gear you farmed with Honor with your saved up Conquest Points (From Normal Tyranical to Elite)
4) Be behind in Gear Progression first 2 months, be a head for the next 2/Rest of seasson.

Is this going to be possible? I sincerely hope not.

nvm
Edited by Pangarnoobs on 18/01/2013 13:41 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

So you think pvp should be about who plays the most not who skilled? since i only play like 2 times a week as said in my post" http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6297383927?page=7 " Genuis fair play where did you grade at uni?

and your saything this as if i cant get higher rating? :S but people that put effort into being good should get more than cosmectic's as reward but you probs dont know that..

Well, if you have 2,5k rating in RBG it shouldn't take you many weeks to get the 27k conq points, so you will have the best gear many many weeks before most casuals players who only get their 1800 every week.

And can you please tell me why you should get a gear advantage because your good? It just make it an even bigger cap between the best and not the best players.
If you are playing on 2,5k RBG rating I'm pretty sure everyone has the same gear anyways, so I can't really see your problem unless you actually bought RBG boost and now is mad because everyone will have the same gear as you.

You can check achives to see if it got boosted or not ^.^

2nd if you didnt read AGAIN in my post it quite clearly says that i barely cap hense why im not even nearly fully upgraded even i get a 3.7 k cap

since its 27,000 earned in a season i wont be able to get this until very far into the season as you can understand that i hope since i do have a life like i posted eariler if you did care to read then you can see why..

right the reason why better players should get better gear is for the simple fact they earned it for being skilled players and skilled players should stay where there they should be on top and t2 keeps them there since only the best players can have it,

its like me trying to make the cut for the karate squad i train with to go to portugal and ireland and the british open if im not good engouth i train and get better not sit there and QQ about it so my advise put time and effort into getting better not sitting there and asking for it to be easier learn to earn something in life thanks
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

1) Save all the conquest points you get til you've reached 27,000 Conquest Points.
2) Farm all the gear you would normally spend your Conquest Points on with Honor
3) Upgrade the gear you farmed with Honor with your saved up Conquest Points (From Normal Tyranical to Elite)
4) Be behind in Gear Progression first 2 months, be a head for the next 2/Rest of seasson.

That's a pretty good point. Changing itto 27,000 conquest points spent instead of gained would solve that.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
might be a good idea to do this for valor too - or something simular would be quite nice XD
Reply Quote
37 Undead Mage

Well, if you have 2,5k rating in RBG it shouldn't take you many weeks to get the 27k conq points, so you will have the best gear many many weeks before most casuals players who only get their 1800 every week.

And can you please tell me why you should get a gear advantage because your good? It just make it an even bigger cap between the best and not the best players.
If you are playing on 2,5k RBG rating I'm pretty sure everyone has the same gear anyways, so I can't really see your problem unless you actually bought RBG boost and now is mad because everyone will have the same gear as you.

2nd if you didnt read AGAIN in my post it quite clearly says that i barely cap hense why im not even nearly fully upgraded even i get a 3.7 k cap

since its 27,000 earned in a season i wont be able to get this until very far into the season as you can understand that i hope since i do have a life like i posted eariler if you did care to read then you can see why..

right the reason why better players should get better gear is for the simple fact they earned it for being skilled players and skilled players should stay where there they should be on top and t2 keeps them there since only the best players can have it,

its like me trying to make the cut for the karate squad i train with to go to portugal and ireland and the british open if im not good engouth i train and get better not sit there and QQ about it so my advise put time and effort into getting better not sitting there and asking for it to be easier learn to earn something in life thanks

So what your saying is that the best fotball teams in the world should be allowd to use 1 players extra on the field just because they are the best? Or you mean you would like to go up against people in your karate that is using real weapons to hit you with, just becuase they are better than you? If you are competetive in any real sport, you would know EVERYONE has the same "gear" and the only difference is their skill. Your argument is so flawed I can't even belive it.

Players who have been capping all the season have full 2/2 vs you with 0/2 so how will it even make a difference? You are behind in gear now, and you will be behind in next season.

All I can get from your post is "Omg now i cant stomp noobs with my op gear"
Edited by Pangarnoobs on 18/01/2013 13:49 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

Maybe, but it won't be a big difference, besides you would have to farm CP's in crappy gear while others upgrade.

Let's say you have a cap of 2200 CP per week, that means it will take 12 weeks to get the 27.000 CP's needed.
That's 3 months time, Then you need to to farm honor for Conquest gear, add another 2 weeks, and all that time you will be severely outgeared.

I don't know who would be interested in that honestly.
Edited by Kardana on 18/01/2013 13:49 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
[quote][quote]

But you don't go to a competition and get a gear advantage over someone in a Real life situation match. The same shouldn't happen in game.

I agree however that 2.2k should be reward with something, but not something that gives them advantage over another player.

It's like running a race, the winner doesn't get a pair of shoes that give them 50% run speed increase. If that was the case you'd have no one advancing.

All blizzard are doing is 'trying' to level out the playing field.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

So what your saying is that the best fotball teams in the world should be allowd to use 1 players extra on the field just because they are the best?

noo but the best football team in the world will have the advantage of A having a better background staff to make sure they stay on top(I.E t2 weapon)

and they have there skill Nice try thou ;)

kinda like Manchester united comparied to manchester City money doesnt buy you skills but its all about the advantage they have ie background staff = t2 and good gear, along with them playing well aswell
Reply Quote
Community
18/01/2013 13:24Posted by Bòby
So you think pvp should be about who plays the most not who skilled? since i only play like 2 times a week as said in my post" http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6297383927?page=7 " Genuis fair play where did you grade at uni?
It should be about who is the most skilled, this is the reason that this system has been created. This system is not intended to take away from those that are really good and put in that effort to get a high rating.

18/01/2013 13:24Posted by Bòby
people that put effort into being good should get more than cosmectic's as reward but you probs dont know that..
If you are saying that, I assume that you mean they should get direct performance enhancers. Why is it you feel that because you can achieve a higher rating, you should have better stats than everyone else? If you are better than another player then you wouldn't really need better stats, you should be able to beat them with equal level gear. I can understand the issue players have with the "Elite" gear now being available to all and we are looking into more avenues for vanity items in PvP which should help in this area, but please explain why it is that you feel stronger gear should only available to those of a certain rating.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
18/01/2013 13:51Posted by Bòby
kinda like Manchester united comparied to manchester City money doesnt buy you skills but its all about the advantage they have ie background staff = t2 and good gear, along with them playing well aswell

Money has literally bought Manchester City skill....
If you're good enough to beat players, do it on a level playing field, though I agree there should be some sort of cosmetic reward above 2.2k like a challenge mode equivalent.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
[quote][quote]

But you don't go to a competition and get a gear advantage over someone in a Real life situation match. The same shouldn't happen in game.

I agree however that 2.2k should be reward with something, but not something that gives them advantage over another player.

It's like running a race, the winner doesn't get a pair of shoes that give them 50% run speed increase. If that was the case you'd have no one advancing.

But trying to level the feild ruins any aims or goals for people, noo the winner dont get that but they win because off the effort and people that helped them get there then they reap the rewards of winning and they will stay on top because people know there good then they will get better coach = T2 advantage
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

But trying to level the feild ruins any aims or goals for people, noo the winner dont get that but they win because off the effort and people that helped them get there then they reap the rewards of winning and they will stay on top because people know there good then they will get better coach = T2 advantage

They should stay on top by continuing to be good, not because they suddenly got a gear improvement.
Reply Quote
76 Draenei Death Knight
How will it be any different to the farming that you are currently doing? You farm up your honor gear while buying conquest items with what you earn and then once you get full honor gear you go all out with farming your conquest points for gear.

Remember also that the rating inflation system might mean that the average MMR and team rating could increase, this means that the amount of Conquest points that you can earn each week may go up too. :)

I was actually kidding up there.
I'm happy with the changes - once I've got the Conquest point gear (which would be a botting/farming experience for me), I'll be out of arenas/rbg's and back to my favorite normal bg's.

Basically what Ishaye said.
I'm just expressing the point of those who don't care about ratings.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Nakatoir, I would appreciate a question to at least one the four questions I addressed to you. :)
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
T2 gear is an excuse used by so many people, I just can't wait next season, when everyone has it, to see the same people at the same rating.

These are good changes, really they should just remove t2 all together, it's sort of pointless now, as people always find a way to exploit the system to gain it.
Edited by Lordofmagic on 18/01/2013 14:00 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
[quote]

While that true, Greed with the idea of getting 'Better' gear isn't the mentally one should have when they play a game of sport, or even a computer game etc. It's the feeling of overcoming odds and the rewards should be vanity just like sports.

T2 & Elite gear was a flawed system as it actively encourages greedy players to cheat the system and Elitism then appears.

Why do you think SC2 is so successful? Is it because that Zergling gets a better stat? Or is it because players strife to become the best.
Edited by Aleiax on 18/01/2013 14:03 GMT
Reply Quote
37 Undead Mage
If you are good, you know you will get the best gear faster than 90% of the casual pvpers and you know even when everyone have the same gear you will still be high rated and win most of your games, because you are good.

Only reason I can see for someone being mad at this is because they are afraid of facing players with same gear.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
I really like these changes, the only other thing I'd like to see changed is that RBG doesn't give more CP than arenas. I don't really enjoy RBG's and don't like that they seem so necessary.

It's also really difficult forming a stable RBG group on my realm, a problem I'm sure anyone playing on less populated realms can relate to.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
I really like these changes, the only other thing I'd like to see changed is that RBG doesn't give more CP than arenas. I don't really enjoy RBG's and don't like that they seem so necessary.

I agree with you on that, players have different tastes to PVP and shouldn't be punished just because there method rewards less.
Reply Quote
48 Blood Elf Hunter

Maybe, but it won't be a big difference, besides you would have to farm CP's in crappy gear while others upgrade.

Let's say you have a cap of 2200 CP per week, that means it will take 12 weeks to get the 27.000 CP's needed.
That's 3 months time, Then you need to to farm honor for Conquest gear, add another 2 weeks, and all that time you will be severely outgeared.

I don't know who would be interested in that honestly.

That's the thing, when you get to 27k conquest spent, you dont have to farm honor for conquest gear, you can instantly buy a full set of elite gear with that 27k you've saved up.
Edited by Akarina on 18/01/2013 14:03 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]